Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM

297 posts, read 401,726 times

Advertisements

I have an idea for a possible fantasy draft at my upcoming bachelor party. It goes like this: we will be drinking many beers throughout the night of course. We get a dart board and put the names of players on the dart board. So each number on the dartboard will be represented by a player. I would probably set it up so that one dart board is all QBs. I would have one dart board be all QBs, one all RBs, etc.

As to not completely screw people over when they inevitably miss fire I would use a generic ranking of players by position from say ESPN and place them on the dart board with say the #1 ranked player dead ahead on 20, #2 ranked player just to the right on 1, #3 ranked player to just to the left of 20 on 5, and then back to the right, then left again etc, all the way down to the 20th ranked player who would be on 3.

I think it would be a small league too, like 6 people as we can't get everyone we usually have to show up in person. What should rosters look like in a six team league?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Transaction fees are good, they build the pot and they tend to keep away those who draft poorly and try to steal players.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,491,825 times
Just had my first draft of the year, I am very happy with my starters:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Knowshon Moreno
RB: L Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Roddy White
TE: Mercedes Lewis

I hate most of the top running backs this year so I coveted Rodgers, Megatron and Roddy White. Very happy to have gotten all three.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 AM

166 posts, read 375,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Just had my first draft of the year, I am very happy with my starters:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Knowshon Moreno
RB: L Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Roddy White
TE: Mercedes Lewis

I hate most of the top running backs this year so I coveted Rodgers, Megatron and Roddy White. Very happy to have gotten all three.

Nice. Hey doesn't Roddy's 29 years and the arrival of Julio Jones diminish your expectations a bit? I'm not so sure about Roddy this year. I guess it all depends on when you drafted him. I'd take him in the 3rd round for sure. Megatron & Rodgers were your first two picks?

Lineup looks solid, good luck!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Yeah I had the 3rd pick and went Rodgers in the first round and was pleased that Megatron fell to me in the 2nd. Roddy was my 3rd rounder, only because the RBs I wanted I figured would still be around when it got back to me since everyone else already took at least 1 RB.

To your point, I do think Roddys production will be down, but I don't know if I believe it will be significant. He basically won my league for me last year.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Argh, just got the #1 pick in my work league. I have no idea what to do with this.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,806,914 times
Quote:
Argh, just got the #1 pick in my work league. I have no idea what to do with this.
Trade down to #4, and take Jamaal Charles.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Quote:
Yeah I had the 3rd pick and went Rodgers in the first round and was pleased that Megatron fell to me in the 2nd. Roddy was my 3rd rounder, only because the RBs I wanted I figured would still be around when it got back to me since everyone else already took at least 1 RB.

To your point, I do think Roddys production will be down, but I don't know if I believe it will be significant. He basically won my league for me last year.
I'm really not thrilled with your starting RBs. But that is to be expected not taking one in the first two rounds. Personally I usually see this as a fatal flaw, but obviously only time will tell.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I'm really not thrilled with your starting RBs. But that is to be expected not taking one in the first two rounds. Personally I usually see this as a fatal flaw, but obviously only time will tell.
I don't disagree, RB in the first round is essentially written in stone 90% of the time, I just felt with my draft position, and the RBs out there, it might have been one of those 10% situations where the top RBs let their owners down.

I won't take this line in my other drafts, but wanted to put my theory to the test in at least one league.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Quote:
I don't disagree, RB in the first round is essentially written in stone 90% of the time, I just felt with my draft position, and the RBs out there, it might have been one of those 10% situations where the top RBs let their owners down.

I won't take this line in my other drafts, but wanted to put my theory to the test in at least one league.
I hear ya. Its always good to try out a new strategy. It never ends well with me. I'll never forget the year I made a bunch of trades and ened up with no picks in the first or second round and a ton of picks in the third and fourth. I think I finished dead last that year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football