Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times

Advertisements

We're only halfway through the season, don't jump, please! I do get tired when they zone in on certain players. For awhile it was Newton, but now you can't listen to sports without hearing Tebow.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Good question. Vegas should start taking bets on which way coverage will lean towards each week.

This week is going to be interesting and rather annoying. He won today. He had 2 TD's in a hostile Oakland Raiders stadium. If he would have lost, it would have been 100% negative stories. But, now that he won again, there's going to be even more coverage now since there will be countless debates on his progress and if he's really the next coming of Christ or not and so on. There may or may not be an hour special on him this week. Ha.

I'm going to jump off a bridge.

Seriously.
They said he played well but I don't understand that. He still threw for less than 50% on his completion percent. That sounds like crap to me.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Yet here you are responding in Tebow's thread.

Lancet, you must of just not watched the game to make ignorant comment. His throws were MUCH better. But the story of the game was the fact that the Broncos kicked the Raiders ass on the ground.

The Raiders beat Tebow up a bit, and the Broncos beat Carson Palmer up too.

It was epic to hear the Black Hole chanting Tebow Sx, and holding up Teblow signs, then these punks were heading for the exits with 2 minutes to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
We're only halfway through the season, don't jump, please! I do get tired when they zone in on certain players. For awhile it was Newton, but now you can't listen to sports without hearing Tebow.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yet here you are responding in Tebow's thread.

Lancet, you must of just not watched the game to make ignorant comment. His throws were MUCH better. But the story of the game was the fact that the Broncos kicked the Raiders ass on the ground.

The Raiders beat Tebow up a bit, and the Broncos beat Carson Palmer up too.

It was epic to hear the Black Hole chanting Tebow Sx, and holding up Teblow signs, then these punks were heading for the exits with 2 minutes to go.
I do think he's overrated and obviously the Raider fans were going to give him a hard time but still, under 50% means he still had a below average passing day.Two words for you as a Steelers fan: Kordell Stewart !!!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM

18,215 posts, read 25,850,946 times
I was going to post in the Bronco forum but some of my comments will come in here.

After the 45-10 shellacking Detroit pasted on Denver, everyone was in for a gut check including the coaches. In my own observation of the game the Bronco offensive coaches came up with a lot of looks that caught the Raider defense flat footed. Pop Warner single wing? Yea, I can see that in a lot of the play calling, particularly in the second half. Those plays were a good fit to what this quarterback could do best. A week ago Sunday one of the worst throws I've seen in my nearly 50 years of watching football came from Tebow. It was the interception that was returned 100 yards for a touchdown. And the ball traveled like a Russian sputnik that was not tipped at the line ( as I looked at the tape of the game that next day)

Getting back to the Raider game, then there was Willis MaGahee with 20 carries for 163 yards. And with Tebow rushing for 118 yards it was evident the Raider defense got crossed up time and again. Some of the holes in that line were huge.

10 for 21 for 124 yards can be classified as below average all right. This game there was no interceptions though. Several of those throws Tebow threw away as the Raiders pass defense was good for the most part. There were also throws Tebow made, specifically on the square outs, were a marked improvement. The two touchdowns were solid throws.

Tebow will be carped on for a long time for his quarterback "mechanics". But I tell you what, the Raider defense respected this kid by games end. CBS had their number two broadcasting team doing the game (Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf). A half dozen Raider players came up to Tebow after the end to congratulate him while Gumble was recapping the game.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-08-2011 at 08:23 AM..

Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I do think he's overrated and obviously the Raider fans were going to give him a hard time but still, under 50% means he still had a below average passing day.Two words for you as a Steelers fan: Kordell Stewart !!!

Kordell Stewert? Please stop living in the past-
Tebow has more wins than Orton-our team isn't good this year but Tebow is a born leader...more than I can say for Tom Brady-he pouts when he loses..and half the time he walks off without shaking anyones hand.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Kordell Stewert? Please stop living in the past-
Tebow has more wins than Orton-our team isn't good this year but Tebow is a born leader...more than I can say for Tom Brady-he pouts when he loses..and half the time he walks off without shaking anyones hand.
Be a little realistic. Brady was a born leader and that's why they have a few rings. Tebow will never be as good as Brady. You're a Denver fan and that's why you put him on the pedestal. If you are familiar with Kordell, he was a run first QB and Tebow is too because his passing is below average too. I never liked Orton as a player and a change had to be made but I still think Tebow will need a little more seasoning before he really steps up but I still think that he will be a below average QB at best and no better than that.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:48 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
You may be right but I wouldn't bet on it. He's way too much of an athlete and way too driven to succeed to settle for mediocre. He'll die trying to succeed before he'll quit or give up.

I don't care about Tom Brady or his three rings. I hope he gets no more.

Kordel Stewart would have won that Superbowl over the Cowboys had the coach left O'Donnell out the rest of the game.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:52 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Be a little realistic. Brady was a born leader and that's why they have a few rings. Tebow will never be as good as Brady. You're a Denver fan and that's why you put him on the pedestal. If you are familiar with Kordell, he was a run first QB and Tebow is too because his passing is below average too. I never liked Orton as a player and a change had to be made but I still think Tebow will need a little more seasoning before he really steps up but I still think that he will be a below average QB at best and no better than that.

Well you are a steelers fan and need to be a little realistic as well-didn't Kordell Stewert suck so bad he was demoted and became a receiver for awhile? Oh yeah he played for C.U. so I know a little about him....
Tom Brady maybe a born leader but guess what? He still is a jacka*&-what "leader" stomps off the field and pouts?
Tebow may not be that great-but guess what? He tries and works his ass off...it's a breath of fresh air. I think Tebow will be a decent quarterback-maybe not for Denver but he will find a place.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
It's still very early in his career but at first glance I do agree that he is WAY overhyped. I do think that he can get better but I don't see him being better than a slightly above average guy, like Cutler. I don't ever forsee ELITE in his future.
You are confusing the quality of an offensive line with the quality of the QB.
Go look at Tim Harbaughs carreer stats....his last year with the Bears and then first year with the colts should be enlightening.

P.S. I can't believe the OP mentioned those guys and left off guys like Kurt Warner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football