Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Memo to the Cleveland Browns front office: WAKE THE F*** UP!!!!!
LMAO. Even though it's not funny.

I'm OK with Hillis leaving; he'd gotten to be a real PITA.

What I'm not OK with is the aforementioned idiocy in building an offense around Colt McCoy. If McCoy is our guy, then we have to stick with him and find people that work well with him. Even the best quarterback needs a line to protect him and someone to hand off/throw the ball to. The offensive line -- or lack thereof -- has been a HUGE issue with this team for more than 20 years. Every year is a rebuilding year. It's gotta stop.

I swear you and I could run this team better.

Quote:
win! He already says to me "dad, they probably will never be good."
Oh, that poor child; I feel so bad for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM

737 posts, read 1,149,194 times
Many players do not want to go to Cleveland. As with the Indians and Cavs the free agents they do get are never the ones in demand. I was 8 the last time the Browns won it all. I am tired of waiting.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LMAO. Even though it's not funny.

I'm OK with Hillis leaving; he'd gotten to be a real PITA.

What I'm not OK with is the aforementioned idiocy in building an offense around Colt McCoy. If McCoy is our guy, then we have to stick with him and find people that work well with him. Even the best quarterback needs a line to protect him and someone to hand off/throw the ball to. The offensive line -- or lack thereof -- has been a HUGE issue with this team for more than 20 years. Every year is a rebuilding year. It's gotta stop.

I swear you and I could run this team better.

Oh, that poor child; I feel so bad for him!

No it isn't funny. I've said this before, and I'll say it again! This team needs CLEVELAND PEOPLE running the team! We need people who are from here, who understand the culture of the fanbase, and what made the Cleveland Browns the great tradition that it is! My trio to run the team would be Marty Schottenheimer as GM. He's 69 and probably getting too old to coach, but he is no dummy. Bill Cowher as head coach. He is 59 and still has years left, not to mention that he would work with or under Marty again in any capacity, because Marty gave him his shot! Bernie Kosar as director of player personnel (similar to the postion that Ozzie had in Baltimore prior to moving up). As we all know, what Bernie lacked in physical ability on the field, he made up for it with brains. He of all people understands the region and it's fans. The fact that this organization has continued to alienate him (the team that he loves) is sickening! Also, look at all of the other former players like Bob Golic, and Hanford Dixon who decided to remain in Cleveland after their playing days were over. Because of the love from the fans they felt a loyalty to this town, and decided to stay here. You just don't get players like that now!

Call me crazy, but I think we need guys that have been part of some of the good Browns teams of the past.

As for my son, all I can do is continue to preach that you stick with your hometeam no matter what.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Many players do not want to go to Cleveland. As with the Indians and Cavs the free agents they do get are never the ones in demand. I was 8 the last time the Browns won it all. I am tired of waiting.

Which is mind boggling, in it's own, because Cleveland despite it's issues which BTW all big cities have, and ours seem to get brought out more.... (rambling).... Anyway, were I an athlete, I'd love to play in Cleveland for the simple fact that I know how Cleveland fans are passionate (especially with the Browns) about their sports! These guys all have huge egos, and with that being said, wouldn't you think it would be a huge stroke of said athlete's ego to know that the fans would fall in love with them in a heartbeat if they perform even half way decent?

Like you. I'm tired of waiting. I wasn't born yet when this city won it's last championship, and all I've seen is a bunch of (all though fun) almosts, and woulda, coulda, shouldas! I know that Browns fans didn't sign up for this s*** when they fought to retain the name, history, and colors, and gaining a new team! Who knows, and call me crazy, but what if they were purposely set up by the powers that be to fail? It's like watching Ground Hog Day. Every year it goes like this:

we're rebuilding
new starting QB
can't run the ball
can't stop the run
no offensive weapons
sub par record
wash... rinse... repeat...

Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Honestly? Except for that nice stretch in the 80s, since the merger the Browns have been rebuilding in one way or another. It's been a pretty dismal 40 years.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Honestly? Except for that nice stretch in the 80s, since the merger the Browns have been rebuilding in one way or another. It's been a pretty dismal 40 years.

But, we as fans keep grinding on. I miss the 80s. They came up short, but what a fun time to be a Browns fan! A good time for Cleveland too! I think too, that since my son has seen The History of the Cleveland Browns DVD several times and has seen the highlights from the 80s, and knows who guys like Bernie Kosar is, is what keeps him on board. He loves to watch the highlights from the Browns double OT victory over the Jets on the bonus DVD.

And at least he hates the Steelers.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM

737 posts, read 1,149,194 times
Quote:
Which is mind boggling, in it's own, because Cleveland despite it's issues which BTW all big cities have, and ours seem to get brought out more.... (rambling).... Anyway, were I an athlete, I'd love to play in Cleveland for the simple fact that I know how Cleveland fans are passionate (especially with the Browns) about their sports! These guys all have huge egos, and with that being said, wouldn't you think it would be a huge stroke of said athlete's ego to know that the fans would fall in love with them in a heartbeat if they perform even half way decent?

Like you. I'm tired of waiting. I wasn't born yet when this city won it's last championship, and all I've seen is a bunch of (all though fun) almosts, and woulda, coulda, shouldas! I know that Browns fans didn't sign up for this s*** when they fought to retain the name, history, and colors, and gaining a new team! Who knows, and call me crazy, but what if they were purposely set up by the powers that be to fail? It's like watching Ground Hog Day. Every year it goes like this:

we're rebuilding
new starting QB
can't run the ball
can't stop the run
no offensive weapons
sub par record
wash... rinse... repeat...
Mario Manningham was the latest athlete to say he, and others, would not consider Cleveland. He grew up in Warren.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:38 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
I've said it before in this forum before (possibly in this thread) that Randy Lerner cares more about Aston Villa than he does the Browns. Dedicated ownership and a quality coach would work wonders for the Browns. Until the heads up top care, the team and fanbase will suffer. I'd love the Browns to rise above and be glorious once again. If my Lions can do it, so can the Browns.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I've said it before in this forum before (possibly in this thread) that Randy Lerner cares more about Aston Villa than he does the Browns. Dedicated ownership and a quality coach would work wonders for the Browns. Until the heads up top care, the team and fanbase will suffer. I'd love the Browns to rise above and be glorious once again. If my Lions can do it, so can the Browns.

You're not the only one who thinks that. And as long as he is still making money hand over fist from Browns fans, then what incentive is there for him to improve?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:49 AM

So Browns fans I'm bumping this yet again, as the trainwreck continues here in C-TOWN!!!! Matt Miller, one of the national guys was on 92.3 The Fan yesterday with the Bull, and the Fox saying basically that free agents don't want to come here because they don't like the Browns or Mike Holmgren! Not to mention at least 3 top 10 draft picks have said they don't want to come here either, for the same reasons! This is getting ridiculous! This team has alienated all former players like Bernie Kosar, Hanford Dixon, Bob Golic, Jim Brown ect...! They have alienated the fanbase with their bulls*** policies at the stadium (I'll rant more on that later)! They consistently put an absolute sub-par product on the field! In fact it's the ONLY thing that has been consistent since the team came back in 1999, is CONSISTENTLY BAD!!!! Holmgren would rather talk to Seattle radio stations than talk to Cleveland fans! It's evident that he doesn't want to be here, and is only collecting one last big pay day!

Where is Randy Lerner? After hearing this and if I were him, I'd be calling Mike Holmgren into my office telling him to pack his s*** and GTFO of my building! Take your clueless coach with you too! There was a time when the Cleveland Browns were considered a house hold name, rich with tradition! Now, this team is a laughing stock! We may as well clean house and start over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football