Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 AM

93 posts, read 100,403 times

Advertisements

This guy is an elite level QB. After he beat the Pats in 2008, one of the all time great teams there were still questions about him and still didnt warrant the respect he deserves. I'll take him anyday of the week over his brother in a high stress playoff game. It's a shame its going to take two Superbowl wins for this man to finally get his just due1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
I think the biggest issue is NY media.. if he played in a smaller city, he would be loved via the media which would translate into national elitness.. Just look at Rivers in SD.. he's has almost zero credentials and is alway listed among the top 4 QBs in the game and no way is he better than ELI.. There is no cynical media in SD to rip him apart when he has an off day like there is in NY..

Old 01-23-2012, 09:17 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I've always thought he was the better of the Mannings but he needs a team around him. In 2009 the Giants were playing out a disappointing season on the road against the Vikings. I think the Vikes beat them like 44-13 or something like that. Manning looked awful but that is classic Eli Manning. When things are not going well he's not the type of guy who changes the direction of things. But when everyone is on the same page and the team is playing hard, I think he is one of the best.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,262,492 times
eli is better than tom brady. and this is coming from a redskins fan. there is no quarterback in nfl history more overrated than tom brady.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:19 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
eli is better than tom brady. and this is coming from a redskins fan. there is no quarterback in nfl history more overrated than tom brady.
I guess we will find out in 2 weeks..

Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM

417 posts, read 365,777 times
Quote:

Tom Brady's record refutes this. He will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time, probably in the top 3.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,262,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Tom Brady's record refutes this. He will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time, probably in the top 3.
it's been said before and i'll say it again, he is a product of his coach and his o line. when cassel took over for him when he was out for a year, it was like tom brady didn't even leave. brady has always had a team around him that eli and peyton didn't have.

brady is an overrated joke. if you want to be one of those (delete) "look at his stats" types, then be my guest. but there's more to it than that. he is not a top 3 qb. give me a friggin break. Let's watch as to how we address each other here!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-23-2012 at 10:07 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I guess we will find out in 2 weeks..
We already found out in 2008!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,306 times
Quote:
it's been said before and i'll say it again, he is a product of his coach and his o line. when cassel took over for him when he was out for a year, it was like tom brady didn't even leave. brady has always had a team around him that eli and peyton didn't have.

brady is an overrated joke. if you want to be one of those (edit) "look at his stats" types, then be my guest. but there's more to it than that. he is not a top 3 qb. give me a friggin break.
agreed totally,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post

do yourself a favor, go look up Matt CAssels Wiki article for season 2008 and look at all he accomplished, he hasn't even come close to anything like that in KC

answer me this: what if Tom Brady had played his entire career in Kansas City, do you really think he'd have even one ring?

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-23-2012 at 10:08 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 AM

93 posts, read 100,403 times
I would never suggest Eli is better than Brady, but he is certainly on his level! Brady has alot more to lose in this Superbowl than Manning! First of all, I dont think a quaterback has ever lost two Superbowls to the same QB! Do you think Brady would like the idea of having two SB losses to a Manning? Additionally, all those who say Brady is a product of his 'system' are given credibility if he loses this Superbowl. I have respect for the Pats and Brady, this thread wasnt meant to turn into a bashing thread, rather, one to recognize the underappreciated greatness and leadership consistently provided by one Eli Manning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football