Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times

Advertisements

Ummmmmmmm.......WOW!!!! I was calling the 16-0 season a bit of a stretch, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. GO PATS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
How so, the two teams may as well be on different planets. I'm a Dolphin fan, and they absolutely SUCK this year. As much as I want the Dolphins to do well, I hold no grudge against the Patriots. In fact, I was rooting for them to win yesterday. They simply are the best team in the NFL right now and have been for some time. I respect them even more for what they've done in the age of salary caps and free agency. They are like a machine. Having said that, I'll be rootin' for my Phins come this Sunday!
Too bad the Dolphins can't seem to learn from them. They are polar opposites when it comes to making personnel decisions. Of course, they helped them along a little by trading Welker. Good move. Trade a proven commodity to improve your division rival. Probably squandered the draft pick they received too. What were they thinking?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:09 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,934 times
Looks like it will be a AWESOME match up of 2 undefeated teams in a couple of weeks. Two bad that the Pats will have to go down on that day and we will once again show why the COLTS are the CHAMPS. SRY to all you Pats fans I will predict that a Moss blowup is coming soon. Probably before that game and will blow up the team at the same time.

It will be a close game but the mighty colts will be the winners

Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 AM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
The Pats beat a very good NFC team by three touchdowns. The Pats look like the best team in the league to me. Even if they drop a game or two, they're battling "Cut that Meat!" for the AFC title, and thus the League Champs.

The AFC is still, clearly, the class of the NFL and that game just proved it. On a given day, the Cowboys can beat the best of the NFC. That gets them there. They gotta one way pass to the GAME! But the Pats, Colts, and maybe the Jags and Oilers-er-Titans would beat them too.

Dallas did some good things yesterday. The question is, how are the Colts gonna match up with them? Will they both still be undefeated when they square off? Not for the Colts. They just need to keep winning as much as they can. NE has a 5 game lead in their division. Nice. The Colts have a 1 game lead, with Jags and ****-er Tights on their tail.

Now Miami! They can do something INCREDIBLE this year! Come on Dolphins! Lay Down! They can be the FIRST to go Oh and 16! Wouldn't that be incredible? That would just nulify the 17-0 perfectly! Jim Rome and I will be updating you on this possibly incredible feat. Stay tuned!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
Looks like it will be a AWESOME match up of 2 undefeated teams in a couple of weeks. Two bad that the Pats will have to go down on that day and we will once again show why the COLTS are the CHAMPS. SRY to all you Pats fans I will predict that a Moss blowup is coming soon. Probably before that game and will blow up the team at the same time.

I'm not sure what kind of juice is in your box, but have you been watching the Pats at all this year? I give the Colts their due props, but they have a couple of tough games ahead of them, Jags & Panthers won't be push overs. As far as a Moss blow-up, not going to happen, but I can see why you would want that. Pats 45 Colts 30

Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
This has nothing to do with the Cowgirls as you call them. The Pats avg 30 pts a game all season. Doesnt matter who they play. Its obvious that the Pats are just better than everyone else in the league period. They play the Steelers a little down the road and we have an awesome defense and I bet they put up at least 24 on us. At least. These dudes are just better than everybody else. I think Boomer said at half time that it seemed like Brady wasnt playing 100% he felt that he could put forth a better effort in the second half. And by god he did. If you have Brady, Stallworth, Moss, and Wes Welker on your team your offense better be unstoppable. The Pats will be in a shootout with the Colts and probally get a tough half out of the Steelers and thats it as far as the Pats losing a single game this year. I really feel they go undefeated this year all the way to the Superbowl. Pains me as Steelers fan, but I gotta call it like I see it.
You are exactly right!! But I still can't stand the Cowboys and was trying to have a little clean fun. I hope my 'Skins can play better defense against the Pats in 2 weeks. Wishful thinking, I know! But I really think that the Colts CAN pull it off, we'll see.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM

262 posts, read 300,209 times
Quote:

your nuts the Pats have been blowing teams out of the water the colts almost lost to the Titans and the Texans the Pats offense is way to explosive the defense is gonna get burned and as far as Moss goes the last to games hes been held well under 100 yards and he looks very enthusiastic as long as his teams winning he'll be fine Pats 42 Colts 28

Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
We'll see on November 4th. Games are won on Sunday, not on paper and the Colts deserve more respect than you're giving, so buckle up and enjoy the ride. Also, even if they lose, it's just the regular season, it doesn't mean a thing, it's all about the playoffs anyway.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Let's see, one of the best quarterbacks of our generation who has one of the best wide receivers in NFL history to throw to and one of the best young running backs in the league beats some QB from Eastern Illinois who throws like Dan Quisenberry who has one of the most overrated wide receivers to throw to (albeit a couple of good running backs to hand off to). Top that off with the Cowboy's inflated stats due to playing far inferior NFC teams and the end result was not a surprise at all.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
How so, the two teams may as well be on different planets. I'm a Dolphin fan, and they absolutely SUCK this year. As much as I want the Dolphins to do well, I hold no grudge against the Patriots. In fact, I was rooting for them to win yesterday. They simply are the best team in the NFL right now and have been for some time. I respect them even more for what they've done in the age of salary caps and free agency. They are like a machine. Having said that, I'll be rootin' for my Phins come this Sunday!
When I speak of the Dolphins, I talk about their 1973 (I think?) shutout season. I think the Patriots have a very good shot at going the entire year undefeated, finally breaking that record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football