Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I think the Crabtree fumble actually worked in favor of San Fran. They got to use more time off the clock and got the ball back almost at midfield for their GW touchdown drive because Atlanta had to punt for the endzone. Just like last week the Marshawn Lynch touchdown actually helped the Falcons because it preserved precious time. If he fumbles, Seattle still has the ball at the 1 yard line and can do what that want with it.
You have to be disappointed if you were an Atl fan w/how they didn't take advantage after that fumble.

Ryan looked extremely nervous being backed up at his 1....that's just the way it looked to me.

I know its ez to Monday morning QB, however that was an opportunity they had to erase the 2nd half disaster and they didn't take advantage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I thought they tried to pass and it got blocked at the line. The problem with going deep is that you need time. And when you are standing in your own endzone that is certainly riskly.

The first play was some stupid short slant pass that was knocked down. And when I say go for the deep ball i don't mean drop back 5 yds deep in the endzone and wait for someone to get open. I mean a two step drop and a over the top pass that gets you to the 10yd line or further.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's still something to build on for next season. Remember the Eagles lost their home playoff game in 2002 and came back next year to have another home game in the NFC Championship

So the franchise is headed in the right directiom
Well.,,there is a thing called windows..you only get so many chances. Everybody thinks next year is their year.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Well.,,there is a thing called windows..you only get so many chances. Everybody thinks next year is their year.

But why wouldn't Atlanta be right back in the playoffs next season? I believe they will still have Matt Ryan and the same receivers. And who is the window closing for? Matt Ryan is 27. Not like he is Tony Romo and turning 33

Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Wow, what a nice game!

As a Saints fan, I enjoy a good Falcons meltdown. I knew they were overrated.

Man, the 49ers are one talented team!
Did u enjoy the saints meltdown this year. Are u guys going to go back and start wearing paper bags over your heads

Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Did u enjoy the saints meltdown this year. Are u guys going to go back and start wearing paper bags over your heads
Our fanbase is still better than the Failcons.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
But why wouldn't Atlanta be right back in the playoffs next season? I believe they will still have Matt Ryan and the same receivers. And who is the window closing for? Matt Ryan is 27. Not like he is Tony Romo and turning 33
The only separating Matt Ryan from Tony Romo is 6 years. He'll get there.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
You have to be disappointed if you were an Atl fan w/how they didn't take advantage after that fumble.

Ryan looked extremely nervous being backed up at his 1....that's just the way it looked to me.

I know its ez to Monday morning QB, however that was an opportunity they had to erase the 2nd half disaster and they didn't take advantage...
The Niners were coming with a blitz, should've tried some short slant route, or a curl to the sideline with White in 1 on 1 coverage get some room. When they went 3 and out there and only gained like 5 yards in the process, I knew it was only a matter of time until San Fran took the lead because they were going to win the field posistion battle for the rest of the day until they scored.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
The only separating Matt Ryan from Tony Romo is 6 years. He'll get there.
This former Atlanta fan agrees with you.

Go Seahawks!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
The first play was some stupid short slant pass that was knocked down. And when I say go for the deep ball i don't mean drop back 5 yds deep in the endzone and wait for someone to get open. I mean a two step drop and a over the top pass that gets you to the 10yd line or further.
Apparently you have a different definition of "deep" than the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football