Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
My first was SB III, and though I wasn't rooting for a team (I was only 10), I instantly became a Namath fan. After that game I was hooked on the NFL for life.

More history being made for the Harbaugh brothers today. Go Baltimore (I'm an SF fan (being in Cali) but my money is on Baltimore)

Congratulations Baltimore and The Ray Lewis Effect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You don't think Miami would have beaten Oakland if Oakland had won that game?
I never question destiny. If Franco Harris hadn't made that catch, then destiny might have dictated a different outcome. Just as that rediculous catch by Tyree stole NE's perfect season. It was destiny, the hand of God. We don't question such things, we just speculate on the what ifs.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
Quote:
I never question destiny. If Franco Harris hadn't made that catch, then destiny might have dictated a different outcome. Just as that rediculous catch by Tyree stole NE's perfect season. It was destiny, the hand of God. We don't question such things, we just speculate on the what ifs.
If Garo Yepremian hadn't done his best to add the Football Follies collection near the end of Super Bowl VII, the 17-0 Dolphins could have won the Super Bowl 17-0. Destiny sometimes has a way of acting strange.

BTW, the word ridiculous is spelled R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. There is no "e" in the word. I see this spelling error all the time on internet message boards and it drives me crazy.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:39 PM

125 posts, read 228,256 times
Quote:
We should all pay homage to the Immaculate Reception that setup the perfect season for Miami. It's amazing how the dominos fell that year.
Indeed, its amazing how one play can determine the outcome of a game or for that matter whether a team wins a championship despite everything that goes on during the course of a game. That's the beauty of sports.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM

125 posts, read 228,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
If Garo Yepremian hadn't done his best to add the Football Follies collection near the end of Super Bowl VII, the 17-0 Dolphins could have won the Super Bowl 17-0. Destiny sometimes has a way of acting strange.

BTW, the word ridiculous is spelled R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. There is no "e" in the word. I see this spelling error all the time on internet message boards and it drives me crazy.
Although the game itself wasnt the most entertaining, that play was LOL remember it well.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 PM

1,632 posts, read 483,624 times
It took me a while to get into pro football. The first I actually watched was Super Bowl XLI in 2007, which pitted the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts. I was hoping the Bears would win that game because my dad's from Chicago, and he still supports the Bears and Cubs. But since then, including tonight's game, the team I wanted to win has won five of the last six years!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Bengals vs Niners, 1st one in '82 I believe, that game made me a Bengals fan for life, I was 10 or 11 and liked the Bengals helmets. When they played again 5 years later I went to school the day after with my Collinsworth jersey and my head held high even though the Bengals lost again late in the game. All this while living in SEPA, Kennett Square to be exact.

Eagles will always be number 1, but the Bengals will always be my 2nd favorite team. Every other sport its Philly or nothing else.

I still remember Sam Wyche getting a microphone reminding the Bengals fans who are throwing snowballs, that they live in Cincinatti, not Cleveland. Classic.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm the "oldie" here, first one Packers/Kansas City Chiefs in 1967! I know the name Super Bowl came in 1970 with the merger! I've probably watched every SB or parts of them! I don't need to say who I was cheering, do I?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post

I still remember Sam Wyche getting a microphone reminding the Bengals fans who are throwing snowballs, that they live in Cincinatti, not Cleveland. Classic.
That was like 88-89 when they had Ickey Woods...never forgot that!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
If Garo Yepremian hadn't done his best to add the Football Follies collection near the end of Super Bowl VII, the 17-0 Dolphins could have won the Super Bowl 17-0.
Heck, that was the most exciting play of the game .

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Sam was an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football