Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 10:42 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
The Raider's shouldn't even be in the NFL, they are a disgrace.
Ha!

I hate when my team has to go up against a team with no wins.

I can't say that I'd seen this coming but this is typical of conference play.

THE RAIDERS ARE STILL AN NFL TEAM!

I would also like to see them stay in Oakland.

I was a fan of this team back in about 1983.

Let's see that roster, shall we?

Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, Frank Hawkins, Cliff Branch, Todd Christensen, Don Mosebar, Greg Townsend, Ted Hendricks, Rod Martin, Matt Millen, Jack Squirek, Lester Hayes, Mike Haynes, Chris Bahr, Ray Guy... just to name a few.

Oh, Tom Flores was their coach at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
THE RAIDERS ARE STILL AN NFL TEAM!
So true. You can't count out anyone! In my office we always pick the TNF game, a Sunday game we agree on, and the MNF game and put our scores on a white board in the office. I picked 24-20, I just had the Chiefs winning. A couple of the guys had the Chiefs blowing out the Raiders, and I pointed out that the Raiders have been better than their record indicated. They were 0-10 but hadn't been blown out week in and week out. They've been in a lot of their games and finally got it done in one.

It couldn't have come at a better time, either. The Broncos need to snap out of their funk if they are going to take advantage of this little setback for the Chiefs.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
About a month ago, I'd have agreed with you, but not now. They look like boys who are getting bullied and abused by men.

Unless they patch things up and play like their jobs all depended on this next game, playing one down at a time for 60 minutes+ in all facets of the game, the Miami Dolphins are gonna shame the Broncos and their fans by scoring many touchdowns and rubbing it in by doing the Mile High Salute to unhappy Bronco fans.

It's a sad thing because I had high hopes for the Broncos a month or two ago. Things are only going to get tougher down the stretch. Now is the time to start pounding out a running game and relying on your defense.

Why is it that the Broncos can get pinned back within their 15 yard line all game long and they can't manage to keep the opposition within their own 40 yard line? Was it the weather? Ummm, they played in a dome.

The Broncos sat there and got punished on live tv. Their receivers got punched in the mouth and got their lunch money stolen on parents' night.
Check! Got that one covered.

Defense playing... pretty good on 1st and 2nd downs for the most part.

Offense playing better.

Special teams suck. They may cost the Broncos a very needed win today.

Damn! The Broncos are running the siht out of the ball! Props to the o-line today. Peyton blew two td passes today. But it's about time we see Anderson earning his check and Thompson getting some runs today.

Whew. That would have been bad to lose that one. Broncos need a new kicker.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-23-2014 at 05:18 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 10:32 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
...Broncos need a new kicker.
I'm surprised they still have him. He hasn't been dependable since he signed. It's getting crazy now. Last week the offense was going for it on 4th down rather than even try a FG. I wondered this afternoon, after going for 2 rather than kick the extra point, if Fox was going to do that on subsequent TDs just because he didn't trust the kicker.

After decades of having some great kickers at Denver, this one can't be impressing anyone -- at least not his game-day performance. I agree. Time for a new kicker.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Broncos need to get rid of #31 Omar Bolden. He had three penalties that made the defense look a lot worse than they were.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Eric Berry's season is over after Chiefs discover 'mass' in his chest - Arrowhead Pride

Tough news for the Chiefs. Thoughts and prayers for Eric Berry.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Eric Berry's season is over after Chiefs discover 'mass' in his chest - Arrowhead Pride

Tough news for the Chiefs. Thoughts and prayers for Eric Berry.
I just read this. Thoughts and prayers with Berry, his family and teammates.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:30 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Kinda hard to believe, but I think the Raiders hit a new low today.... Even for them.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Kinda hard to believe, but I think the Raiders hit a new low today.... Even for them.
But at least they won't go 0-16!

Old 11-30-2014, 04:12 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But at least they won't go 0-16!
I guess there's a bright spot in every situation.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football