Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:32 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

I think the last thing the Eagles defense wants is a situation where Manning is having to sling it around. We are already a pretty pass happy offense, and Manning can lead a comeback as well as just about anyone. I don't see that defense being able to contain the passing attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I think the last thing the Eagles defense wants is a situation where Manning is having to sling it around. We are already a pretty pass happy offense, and Manning can lead a comeback as well as just about anyone. I don't see that defense being able to contain the passing attack.

Any defense seems to play with more confidence if they have a bigger lead. Now the philly defense only had the lead once in sunday's game which was only 3 points. So if their offense is able to get some quick and early TD's to give their defense 10-14 pt lead, then they may not look as bad as they did on sunday. But I am seriously hoping it doesn't turn out that way and the Broncos win in a rout.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
That was because the Chargers were able to stop the eagles from scoring a TD on their 1st possession. So for example if the Eagles come out and score on a TD on the Broncos Defense and the Broncos only answers with a FG, that would not be a good start. So like how they started against the Ravens in week 1, the Eagles may put up more pts before the Broncos offense gets it going and by that time it maybe too late.

So I considered picking the eagles for the money in week 4 only because of the Broncos offense in the 1st qtr of both games. So I will see how it looks against the Raiders on monday night football.

If they could score 49 points on the Ravens with a slow start how many do you think they would score against the Eagles with a slow start?

And the Eagles have yet to score a TD on their first drive. At Washington they didn't score on the first drive and scored a FG on their second drive.

San Diego they didn't score on the first drive, FG on the second drive, punt on the third drive. So one FG in three possessions. They only scored ten points in total in the first half against the Chargers. They appear to be slower starters than Denver.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Over the offseason I redesigned all 32 NFL team logos. To celebrate the return of football, here they are. Feedback welcome! - Imgur

Some re-designed the logos of every team. Most of these look pretty damn good.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:47 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If they could score 49 points on the Ravens with a slow start how many do you think they would score against the Eagles with a slow start?

And the Eagles have yet to score a TD on their first drive. At Washington they didn't score on the first drive and scored a FG on their second drive.

San Diego they didn't score on the first drive, FG on the second drive, punt on the third drive. So one FG in three possessions. They only scored ten points in total in the first half against the Chargers. They appear to be slower starters than Denver.

I just see them beating the Broncos because they are on the road and no one expects them to win. I could be wrong but those are the types of games the eagles always seem to win, the ones where they are heavy underdogs. Not sure why but they play their worst football at home and has not won a game at home since Sept 30th of last season. So even though they have 3 straight road games coming up i expect them to win atleast two of them because that's just what they do no matter who the coach or QB is in those situations

Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM
FBJ

Shocking Results of the day

Jags not covering the spread after being 19 pt underdogs

The Browns winning on the road with a new QB

The Packers fumbling away the game at Cincy

The Giants not scoring no points at all

The Colts winning in San Francisco

What a wild day in the NFL

Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The Redskins logo is absolutely a no-go in today's society.

There should be no change to the Raiders or Steelers.

Bucs logo may give kids nightmares.

Is that Jerry Jones in the Cowboys logo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football