Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
You need weapons to play against the Broncos....the depleted #26 ranked defense of the Pats were no match.

With all the key players the Pats lost on offense and defense they made it to the AFC championship......shows you how weak the AFC is.
I agree, the Pats defensive backs were like a deer caught in the headlights. Seattle will fair better on pass defense as they have all year. Seattle stopped Gore cold (11 caries for 14 yards) and Denver doesn't have anyone as potent as Gore so Seattle shouldn't have any problem stopping the run. Remember Manning is no Kaepernick running the ball. Manning has a -31 yards rushing for the entire season. Denver has yet to see a defense as good as Seattle's this year. Seattle lead the league in pass interception and forced fumbles, 39 total forced turnovers.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I agree, the Pats defensive backs were like a deer caught in the headlights. Seattle will fair better on pass defense as they have all year. Seattle stopped Gore cold (11 caries for 14 yards) and Denver doesn't have anyone as potent as Gore so Seattle shouldn't have any problem stopping the run. Remember Manning is no Kaepernick running the ball. Manning has a -31 yards rushing for the entire season. Denver has yet to see a defense as good as Seattle's this year. Seattle lead the league in pass interception and forced fumbles, 39 total forced turnovers.
At least half of those are kneel downs!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:04 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
At least half of those are kneel downs!
And the other half?

Old 01-20-2014, 11:05 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
IM hoping for a blizzard the coldest football game in sports history. Thats what I need.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Seattle has also not faced an offense nearly as good or as productive as Denver.

Peyton will not be Kaepernick and (likely) won't fumble and throw two interceptions late in the fourth quarter to give it away.

The Denver defense may not be fantastic but neither is Seattle's O.

Remember that Denver and Seattle do not know each other at all. Seattle benefits from the Niners being in their division and they had already beaten them once. The Broncos know the Pats fairly well also.

You had better bet these teams will study every aspect of each other in the next few weeks. Should be good!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:12 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
You really just dismissed Peyton Manning by comparing his running ability to Kaepernick?

Wow. I'm going to chalk that up to the residual effects of excessive celebration with Tequila last night.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times
I hope the same too! Nasty conditions...
For all the respect i have for Manning I'm going with Seattle for this game. They seem to have the mojo, the swagger and a great defense.
Should be a great game!!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:15 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Seattle has also not faced an offense nearly as good or as productive as Denver.

Peyton will not be Kaepernick and (likely) won't fumble and throw two interceptions late in the fourth quarter to give it away.

The Denver defense may not be fantastic but neither is Seattle's O.

Remember that Denver and Seattle do not know each other at all. Seattle benefits from the Niners being in their division and they had already beaten them once. The Broncos know the Pats fairly well also.

You had better bet these teams will study every aspect of each other in the next few weeks. Should be good!
This is true, and few people have mentioned it. The Seahawks have played some good offenses, but the Broncos are head and shoulders above the others this season. The Chiefs were lock-step with the Seahawks defensively until they played the Broncos.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,908,385 times
Seattle did not dominate at any point in the game. Kaep threw an interception but Wilson sucked over half of the game. This game was lost by the Niners as much as it was won by the Seahawks. It was a tough loss for us, Niner fans, but I was very impressed with my team. If the ball to Crabtree was caught, we would be talking a different story. That's how close the game was at the end. Wilson was not impressive. Peyton was impressive and I have a gut feeling he and his team are going to make a statement in NJ!

Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
If Denver can protect the ball, Seattle will be in trouble.

So, the question is whether or not Peyton Manning can make the smart plays and not give Seattle any short fields or easy scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football