Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
Are you serious? You think someone in their 20's just heard of Peyton in 2013? He has won multiple mvps and a superbowl before 2013. The debate of Brady vs Manning has basically been the talk of the NFL for 10 years now. I don't know about everyone else but I've been watching the NFL since I was 10 or 11. So even assuming some is exactly 20 they have probably seen many years of Peytons career
I think some people probably become football "experts" much, much, much later on in life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 04:09 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
TONS of questionable assumptions. Too much effort to shoot them all down. But, hey, you have to have your own methodology. But it won't make you a goto expert for the football universe.
Everybody's opinion on this Is subjective. It's all based on assumptions. lol Noone is a football expert. I see the so called experts picking games on tv and being wrong half of the time. I see football experts picking guys in the draft that turn out to be busts. I see football experts picking guys in F/A and paying them a ton of money, only to cut them 2 years later. You can't shoot down anything I posted. Well, you could, but it would only be based on YOUR ASSUMPTIONS. That's what this thread and sports is all about. Everybody has an opinion and assumptions when it comes to sports. There are no concretes. lol

Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 PM

812 posts, read 736,742 times
How exactly is Donovan McNabb in the final 4? How exactly is he also currently blowing Johny Unitas away in votes? Seriously? Donovan McNabb in the top two of a Best QB of All Time bracket? For real right now?

Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 AM

513 posts, read 695,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
How exactly is Donovan McNabb in the final 4? How exactly is he also currently blowing Johny Unitas away in votes? Seriously? Donovan McNabb in the top two of a Best QB of All Time bracket? For real right now?
The voting has been awful. Bledsoe also beat Troy Aikman and Steve Young. Shame a good topic turned into a joke of personal favorites.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:02 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
You can basically count on it being a popularity contest when it is opened to fan voting. Similar to the Pro Bowl, doesn't mean much. Amuses me when fans put stock in one player getting to the pro bowl making them "better" than other players!

Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,112 times
I love McNabb, but someone's been stuffing the ballot box.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:16 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Well, it looks like they actually got it right.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Can't understand why Terry Bradshaw with his four wins doesn't place on top.
As good as it is to have rings it does not make or break a QB. I'm a HUGE Pittsburgh fan but would never put Bradshaw as one of the top 5. With that being said, I think Dan Marino should be #1. With what he accomplished without a running game is something no other QB could have done. Put any other QB on those Miami teams, would they have won it all or even made the playoffs? Marino made decent receivers look like stars. Duper and Clayton became household names because of him.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:25 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
There were a number of names missing that should have been on the list.

And a few that should not have been as well.

I was working one day and I catch this conversation between one of our employees -- this guy was saying "I was in the hall of fame in such and such year and he came in the next year after me" He was an older guy, I asked him "Football or baseball hall of fame?"
He looked rather irritated and said "Football"
I said "OH excellent I am large King Cat. What is your name?"
He replied'Otto Graham"
Of course everyone else was flocking around to talk to THE Otto Graham ...........

Otto Graham, Bart Star, John Brodie, Sonny Jourgenson, Joe Theisman, Fran Tarkenton, and of course Bobby Layne. BUT the list is weighed too heavily towards modern and recent memories, but such is the case with such lists.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
As good as it is to have rings it does not make or break a QB. I'm a HUGE Pittsburgh fan but would never put Bradshaw as one of the top 5. With that being said, I think Dan Marino should be #1. With what he accomplished without a running game is something no other QB could have done. Put any other QB on those Miami teams, would they have won it all or even made the playoffs? Marino made decent receivers look like stars. Duper and Clayton became household names because of him.

Totally agree,
Steelers were a great team, but Bradshaw isn't top 5 any more than Franco Harris is a top 5 RB. Dan Marino was just insane. He put up numbers, yards and TD's like Gretzky scored goals. I'm a Jet fan and Marino just made me sick twice a season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football