Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 10:14 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,830,587 times

Advertisements

Jags RB, Travis Etienne, out for season due to injury.

Ouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 07:41 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,250,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Does Urban Meyer think his team was going to win the SuperBowl in their first year of rebuild? You watch the coach during these past two pre-season games and you can see how frustrated he is. If the guy had health problems with the Gators, he's going to be dead by mid-season with the Jags. It's "just pre-season coach!"

But what is really disturbing is the play calling for Trevor. Is it their plan to kill the dude or nurture him? Seems like Schottenheimer is planning to install a West Coast Offense in Jacksonville with a rookie QB?

Look Coach, you are going to lose games this season, get used to it! Your #1 asset is Trevor Lawrence. Protect him. Teach him. COACH him. Give the guy a chance to learn and grow. But if these two pre-season games are any indication of what Urban's plan is, Trevor Lawrence is going to end up like Tim Couch (and many others) in the QB graveyard.
I watched that game vs the Saints, his facial expressions had "Why did I agree to this?" written all over it. There's no Bowling Green or Rutgers on the Jaguars schedule.

The Jaguars had better invest in an O-line for their prized possession because they will never have such a talent land in their laps again, and after watching that game he's going to take some brutal punishment.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
The Jags traded away Gardner Minshew to the Eagles. Everyone knows Trevor is the future but I think it would have been imperative for the Jags to let Minshew start the season out since it is clear the O-Line has issues to not have the confidence beaten out of Trevor.

BTW, I have no idea why the Jags franchised Cam Robinson, he is one of the worst LTs in football.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:09 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Trevor looked sharp against the Cowboys. The win will help the team feel better about themselves and take some stress off Urban.

I agree they should have kept Minshew. But the fans want to see Trevor. I hope we don't see what happened to Joe Burrow happen to Trevor.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:13 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,250,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The Jags traded away Gardner Minshew to the Eagles. Everyone knows Trevor is the future but I think it would have been imperative for the Jags to let Minshew start the season out since it is clear the O-Line has issues to not have the confidence beaten out of Trevor.

BTW, I have no idea why the Jags franchised Cam Robinson, he is one of the worst LTs in football.
And only got a 6th back for him. Kinda thought he would have fetched a slightly better return (3rd or 4th perhaps?) than that.

Good trade for the Eagles though.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:22 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
And only got a 6th back for him. Kinda thought he would have fetched a slightly better return (3rd or 4th perhaps?) than that.

Good trade for the Eagles though.

IMO, that was about the worlds dumbest trade for the Eagles. Eagles aren't winning this year most likely. What they need to see is whether or not Hurts is the future. And you've now brought in someone, unlike Joe Flacco, who was your backup.. NOONE would have been calling for him to go into the game.. But Minshew? I can see the Philly faithful in their rabidness calling for him to get the start.

that trade just didn't make sense to me. The only good news is with the Eagles having a first year coach, he has the collateral to ignore the fans and keep Hurts playing. But, if he uses that. We all know how fast Philly fans will turn on anyone or anything.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:32 PM

12,477 posts, read 9,570,120 times
Will Urban Meyer last the whole season? Not only did he hire a strength trainer well known for creating racial tension, not only was he seen hitting on teenage girls in a bar while his wife is babysitting the grandkids, even if you go to the core of his performance as a coach, both the players and the assistant coaches are said to dislike the guy because of his arrogance and the lack of respect he shows them, and his team has a perfect 0-4 record.

I don't think owners are quick to get rid of new head coaches - they want to give them every chance, and they want to have some continuity for the organization, you don't change head coaches like you change socks. Nonetheless, there have already been calls for his dismissal, and if he can't raise the team's performance, I wouldn't be shocked if he is canned.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Will Urban Meyer last the whole season? Not only did he hire a strength trainer well known for creating racial tension, not only was he seen hitting on teenage girls in a bar while his wife is babysitting the grandkids, even if you go to the core of his performance as a coach, both the players and the assistant coaches are said to dislike the guy because of his arrogance and the lack of respect he shows them, and his team has a perfect 0-4 record.

I don't think owners are quick to get rid of new head coaches - they want to give them every chance, and they want to have some continuity for the organization, you don't change head coaches like you change socks. Nonetheless, there have already been calls for his dismissal, and if he can't raise the team's performance, I wouldn't be shocked if he is canned.
I think the bar incident is being blown way out of proportion. Yeah it’s a bad look but I think the attention generated is much worse than the actual “crime” that generated it.

However, his personnel choices (Etienne over any other actual need in the draft) and that coach who would probably coach in a KKK robe if it were allowed should definitely be strikes against him. But I could see this turning into another VP Tom Coughlin situation really quick where no one wants to touch or stay on this team.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:02 AM

https://dailysnark.com/2021/10/05/re...lRQZ63rhGURF4A

I expect this to probably be a bluff or final warning but it is getting interesting.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:47 AM

12,477 posts, read 9,570,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think the bar incident is being blown way out of proportion. Yeah it’s a bad look but I think the attention generated is much worse than the actual “crime” that generated it.

However, his personnel choices (Etienne over any other actual need in the draft) and that coach who would probably coach in a KKK robe if it were allowed should definitely be strikes against him. But I could see this turning into another VP Tom Coughlin situation really quick where no one wants to touch or stay on this team.
His decision not to stay with his team and to go out partying in Ohio after the loss is another poor decision, even setting aside him chasing skirts in the bar. Hubris is this guy's middle name. And like I said, it's not just the bar incident - having an 0-4 record is bad, and if he truly has relationship issues with both his players and his assistant coaches, that doesn't bode well at all, and the team's record and his relationships with his team are right at the core of his job performance.

"One player told me, 'He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.' "
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...1_127_36057413

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 10-05-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football