Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times

Advertisements

Last week: 7-7
Overall: 75-44

Browns @ Bengals
Packers @ Panthers
Redskins @ Patriots
Titans @ Saints
Dolphins @ Bills
Rams @ Vikings
Jaguars @ Jets
Raiders @ Steelers
Giants @ Buccaneers
Falcons @ 49ers
Broncos @ Colts
Eagles @ Cowboys
Bears @ Chargers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 AM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times
NFL Week 9

Browns @ Bengals (Bengals can not lose, if they do its the upset of the year)
Packers @ Panthers
Redskins @ Patriots (NE the second lock of the week on top of Bengals)
Titans @ Saints (Brees has a big game)
Dolphins @ Bills (Buffalo scored 41 on the same team a few weeks ago)
Rams @ Vikings
Jaguars @ Jets (defense wins games)
Raiders @ Steelers (Steelers in a must win game after losing two in a row)
Giants @ Buccaneers
Falcons @ 49ers
Broncos @ Colts (Indy can not beat the best defense in the league)
Eagles @ Cowboys
Bears @ Chargers (Rivers has another big game)

Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
OT. What's the deal with the Vikings? I was shocked to find out they're 5-2. Do they have anyone good besides AP? Looking at their schedule, they have beaten a bunch of crappy teams, but still. San Diego wasn't that bad when Minnesota beat them, and they didn't exactly get clobbered by Denver. The rest of their schedule looks quite tough. I guess we'll see if they can finish above .500.
I suppose it depends on how you measure "good." When the Broncos played the Vikings I was highly impressed with Teddy B. The Broncos were in his face and pressuring him and hitting him early and often. He was unflappable. He maintained his composure better even than Rogers did this past week. They have a pretty solid defense too. That team may be going places.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:18 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Default Here are the Picks for the week

Browns @BENGALS It is the BEST against the Worst of the NFL...I mean the Best Uniforms against the Worst uniforms. Johnny F*Ball will start for the Browns, throw a few TDs, an intercetoin, get knocked down few times trying to run and even fumble once. But in the End, the Striped Cats will be the ones smiling, when they walk away with the Win.

Packers @ PANTHERS Normally I would not pick a peck of Packers to lose two in a row, but on the road, against a real deal Cam Newton, I don't see the Black cats going down at home......

Redskins @ PATRIOTS Some of the Nation is offended by the visiting teams name, while some are offended by the home teams practice of cheating. Since the Evil Patriots will probably go undefeated, and then turn out to have cheated along the way

Titans @ SAINTS Another SuperDome Victory for the Home Team, Brees has a Breezy day and the puns and jokes keep coming....

DOLPHINS @ Buffaloes Payback is going to be a Witch for Ryan this time, don't be surprised if the FINZ don't rough him up too.

Rams @ VIKINGS I think the Vikings have the tools to win

Jaguars @ JETS Jets bounce back at home, and hide the fact that they usually go from ok to awful this time of season

Raiders @ STEELERS This is another one of those classic matchups, at least it would be if Stabler and Bradshaw were still playing.

Giants @ BUCCANEERS The Bucs have the tools to Almost win, while the Giants have the means to somehow almost lose and this time, in Tampa, it comes together

FALCONS @ 49ers The 49ers are out of gold, the mountains are dry, and the Falcons are swooping down for dinner
BRONCOS @ Colts While I would hope that luck would be with the Colts and against the Donkeys, I think the horses will win a close one.

EAGLES @ Cowboys
"Hello Fans, you are looking live at Jerry Jones stadium, home of this week's crummy game of the week, two teams that have disappointed fans to the point of tears and violence. I'm Brent Muscrat and I may have fewer fans than these two teams combines right now, but the good thing if your a fan of either of these teams is, well, someone has to win. Right Green Gene?
Green Gene Okerland: That is right Brent and fans, we have a match for the ages, or I guess it would be more appropriate to say, if football were like professional wrestling, this would be the preliminary, the match with two teams who have no chance of winning Unless, of course, they are against each other.
Brent: Well fans lets go down to the field for the coin toss.

Referee: OK Let's see...anyone have change for a dollar? I gave the coin to some beggar in the parking lot
Sean Lee: That was Joseph Randle
Referee: Wait here is the coin Call it in the air (Tosses the coin up in the air)
Eagles: Um.......Cheesesteakwitch.....
Referee: Wait you can't call cheese steak you have to call heads or tails
Eagles: Oh uh oh

Cowboys Here we can call it. ............ I call Jerry Jones
Referee: No wonder your both so bad........

Bears @ CHARGERS OK The Bears can lose a few more, like maybe 7 more and I will be happy.

THERE ARE NO SUPER BOWL REMATCHES THIS WEEK !!!!!

Old 11-04-2015, 04:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
My picks:

Browns @ Bengals: Bengals. I think they win it, but I don't know that they run away with it. Browns make it interesting.

Dolphins @ Bills: Bills. Nothing spectacular about this game. Both teams were highly touted as playoff contenders. Both have been pretty disappointing. Unless you never bought into the hype.

Packers @ Panthers: Packers. Tough row to hoe, with consecutive roadies to Denver and now Carolina. Packers rebound. Games like this have seeding implications later in the season.

Rams @ Vikings: Vikings. Both of these teams were overlooked and outright left out of the playoff conversation, yet both are looking pretty solid. The Vikings likely can afford the loss more than the Rams with respect to wild card seeding. But the Vikings are just one game behind the Packers now and have got to have their sights set on the division title.

Redskins @ Patriots. Patriots. Move along, folks. Nothing more to see here.

Titans @ Saints: Saints. A team with a freshly fired HC vs a team that gave up 49 points and still won...Saints take it.

Jaguars @ Jets: Jets. Yes, they got soundly outplayed by the Raiders, but this is still a good team and Fitzpatrick will start. Jets rebound and keep themselves in the playoff conversation. Incidentally, a win by the Jags puts them at 3-5 and also in the playoff conversation as contenders for the putrid AFC South.

Raiders @ Steelers: Steelers. I really want to pick the Raiders here. They're a young team with some momentum. But this is a storied rivalry and Pittsburgh is going to be a tough place for the Raiders to go in and win one. Especially with the Steelers already coming off a home loss.

Falcons @ 49ers: Falcons. They're falling fast. They've looked outright bad in recent weeks. A matchup with the 49ers may be enough to stop the bleeding. At least for now.

Giants @ Buccaneers. Giants. The Bucs aren't awful, but the Giants, coming off a loss in a shootout, rebound and get the better of them.

Broncos @ Colts. Broncos. The "worst 7-0 team in the history of the game" wins its 5th road game of the year. And they're only halfway through their games.

Eagles @ Cowboys: Eagles. You know it's bad when Matt Cassel is considered an upgrade.

Bears @ Chargers: Chargers. Who on earth slated this matchup for MNF? And why? Wouldn't this have been a better one for across the pond?

There you have it, friends. I hope everyone enjoys football this week! Except Colts fans!

Old 11-05-2015, 09:41 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Bengals
Bills
Vikings
Patriots
Saints
Jets
Steelers
Panthers
Falcons
Giants
Broncos
Eagles
Chargers

Old 11-05-2015, 02:04 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Last week: 10-4

Season: 76-43

Browns @ Bengals. Jonny football will be a Johnny loser at the end of this one.
Packers @ Panthers. They may have lost to the Broncos last week, but this week I think they do get the road win against a previous unbeaten.
Redskins @ Patriots. Non contest here.
Titans @ Saints. Saints at home, think the Titans will play well with the interim coach, but the Saints are just a better team
Dolphins @ Bills. Road team won the first meeting, I think the road team wins the second meeting as well.
Rams @ Vikings. I really shouldn't be thinking this but I really want to pick the Rams. Why do I torture myself?? Oh well screw it.....Rams
Jaguars @ Jets. I think the Jets could start fireman Ed (btw is he still at the games??) at QB and still beat the Jags.
Raiders @ Steelers. I think the Raiders are gonna be a playoff team this year, but winning in Pittsburgh is tough, I don't think they are there quite yet.
Giants @ Buccaneers. If you don't count the Rams/Vikings this is my "upset" of the week. Bucs are playing really well, and the Giants are a 1st place team, but they are basically a first place team by default in the NFC Least.
Falcons @ 49ers. I know the Falcons have been atrocious the last 3 weeks, but you really expect me to pick a team lead by Blaine Gabbert?? Really?? C'mon man!
Broncos @ Colts. LOL AFC South!
Eagles @ Cowboys. A dumpster fire vs. Matt Cassell. Ugh! Seems like a great time to go to George to see what he likes. This just in George likes............the Cowboys
Bears @ Chargers. I think the Chargers should beat the Bears at home, in what could actually be a pretty exciting game.

I'm not confident at all in my picks this weekend . Let's see what happens, and hopefully I can manage a 7-6 weekend.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:11 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
EAGLES @ Cowboys
"Hello Fans, you are looking live at Jerry Jones stadium, home of this week's crummy game of the week, two teams that have disappointed fans to the point of tears and violence. I'm Brent Muscrat and I may have fewer fans than these two teams combines right now, but the good thing if your a fan of either of these teams is, well, someone has to win. Right Green Gene?
Green Gene Okerland: That is right Brent and fans, we have a match for the ages, or I guess it would be more appropriate to say, if football were like professional wrestling, this would be the preliminary, the match with two teams who have no chance of winning Unless, of course, they are against each other.
Brent: Well fans lets go down to the field for the coin toss.

Referee: OK Let's see...anyone have change for a dollar? I gave the coin to some beggar in the parking lot
Sean Lee: That was Joseph Randle
Referee: Wait here is the coin Call it in the air (Tosses the coin up in the air)
Eagles: Um.......Cheesesteakwitch.....
Referee: Wait you can't call cheese steak you have to call heads or tails
Eagles: Oh uh oh
Cowboys Here we can call it. ............ I call Jerry Jones
Referee: No wonder your both so bad........

LOL this was one of your better ones especially the part about the ref giving the coin to the beggar in the parking lot and nope that was Joseph Randle. Rolling over laughing!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:44 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
LOL this was one of your better ones especially the part about the ref giving the coin to the beggar in the parking lot and nope that was Joseph Randle. Rolling over laughing!
THANKS !

Old 11-05-2015, 04:33 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Browns @ Bengals. Jonny football will be a Johnny loser at the end of this one.
Actually, it'll be interesting to see what Johnny Where-you-been can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football