Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times

Advertisements

I just read a bunch of articles about the Super Bowl and hate the Patriots all the more. No class jerks inviting the Giants to their victory party??? Avoiding the press b/c they just didn't want to deal with it?? Belichick walking off early??? They suck, period! Tom Brady snubbed Eli before the game but shook hands with Pat O'Brien??? I love seeing Eli holding up that trophy! I hope everyone in NY will get off his back now! I'm still on Cloud 9! I hope the Pats have stock in Kleenex to dry up all the tears for what might have been!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 11:32 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
My heart was broken yesterday. I have followed the Pats all my life and wanted to see them go 19-0....to redeem themselves after the over hyped spygate incident. I am happy for the G-men and glad to see Strahan get his ring. Their defense had the game plan and the pats had no answer for them. But i would hardly call this a blow out. In the end it came down to defense.........The pats defense. My guess is the pats will do what they do best....retool the defense and come back next year better.

But Please...........even the G-men fans have to agree........there would have been a silver linning to the dark cloud if the Pats had won...........THOSE CRYBABIES 72 DOLPHANS COULD FINIALLY SHUT UP!!!! I am gonna go throw up now
I have nothing against the 1972 Dolphins. That perfect season was before my time.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Yeah, I really don't care about the 72 Dolphins. They were the only team to close every game they played with a win. It at least deserves a mention from time to time, and really the only time it is ever talked about is when a team goes beyond 8-0. The reason it has received a lot of hype this year is because the Patriots had them holding their breath to the last seconds of the season.

I get tired of hearing about "the catch" with Clark and Montana, but realize that it was the play that propelled them to their first superbowl and the beginning of a dynasty, so I understand why it gets the hype.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I just read a bunch of articles about the Super Bowl and hate the Patriots all the more. No class jerks inviting the Giants to their victory party??? Avoiding the press b/c they just didn't want to deal with it?? Belichick walking off early??? They suck, period! Tom Brady snubbed Eli before the game but shook hands with Pat O'Brien??? I love seeing Eli holding up that trophy! I hope everyone in NY will get off his back now! I'm still on Cloud 9! I hope the Pats have stock in Kleenex to dry up all the tears for what might have been!
I'm sure Tom and Gisele had a great evening.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Quote:
It always makes me laugh when people complain about "trash talking". It is done by all teams, including the Giants and is just part of the game and sports in general.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
It always makes me laugh when people complain about "trash talking". It is done by all teams, including the Giants and is just part of the game and sports in general.
Give me a break! We're talking during their last drive of the game trash talk here. They thought pretty boy would seal the deal and the Giants didn't have a prayer of doing anything. They are nothing but a bunch of cocky losers who couldn't seal their perfect season. BooooHoooooo. What is so funny is how my husband always tried to tell me that the Patriots never say a word off the field, they say it on the field. Yeah, right!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times
Quote:
Give me a break! We're talking during their last drive of the game trash talk here. They thought pretty boy would seal the deal and the Giants didn't have a prayer of doing anything. They are nothing but a bunch of cocky losers who couldn't seal their perfect season. BooooHoooooo. What is so funny is how my husband always tried to tell me that the Patriots never say a word off the field, they say it on the field. Yeah, right!
pretty boy was left with only 30 seconds poor baby!they thought they had the game, the last thing they expected was eli going down the field and winning the game.plaxico made hobbs look like he was on ice skates.did anyone see the presser when brady was speaking how he said he played injured but earlier in the week he said it was not an issue he was healthy.well after the loss that all changed he was making excuses on how he played hurt.what a no good s@#M he is.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Blame Pats for this loss

Here are some noteworthy paragraphs.

You only get one chance at 19-0. One. To think the 2008 version of the Patriots is going to duplicate what these 2007 Patriots did is sillier than that GoDaddy.com ad with Danica Patrick.

Eighteen-and-one means something. It means exactly what New England defensive end Richard Seymour said it does: "That you didn't win the Super Bowl. You don't get no trophy for second."

"They were inviting us to their parties after the game," said Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer. "They showed us no respect."

I thought the Patriots were going to win. The Patriots thought they were going to win. Now they just hope Archie and Olivia Manning don't plan to have any more sons. Last year, it was Peyton who ended their season. This year, it was Eli. Both became Super Bowl MVPs.

The fact is the Patriots were out-everythinged by the Giants. Brady, the human grass stain, was sacked five times. And when he wasn't sacked, he was knocked to the ground. He spent more time on the turf than fertilizer.

In other words, yes, he'd never been hit more. But Brady was right about the Patriots' collective failure. They had a list of screwups as long as the playlist on his oversized wristband.

As for Belichick, I'm still waiting to hear a logical reason why a fourth-and-13 attempt at the Giants' 31 makes more sense than a 49-yard field goal attempt. But that's what Belichick decided to do with 6:49 left in the third quarter and the Patriots ahead 7-3.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Quote:
Relax. My statement still stands and if you don't think the Giants talk trash before, during, and after games, then you don't follow the game. Just ask the Packers. We are talking about highly paid athletes here, they all have big egos. So what!
I am a Pats fan, a Giants fan, and a Seahawks fan. They all say stupid stuff, put their foot in their mouths and so on. They win some and they lose some, but to actually "hate" people you don't even know over a game, just seems like a waste of energy to me.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Yeah, I really don't care about the 72 Dolphins. They were the only team to close every game they played with a win. It at least deserves a mention from time to time, and really the only time it is ever talked about is when a team goes beyond 8-0. The reason it has received a lot of hype this year is because the Patriots had them holding their breath to the last seconds of the season.

I get tired of hearing about "the catch" with Clark and Montana, but realize that it was the play that propelled them to their first superbowl and the beginning of a dynasty, so I understand why it gets the hype.
Terry Bradshaw said it best.......He would love to see every one of his records broken by Ben Roethlisberger. With all the hype of a perfect season I just got sick and tired of listening to that team whine about their own triumph and openly route against another team that had a chance of breaking it.......I would bet they would even route against the current dolphans team if it kept their record in tact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football