Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 PM

578 posts, read 458,831 times

Advertisements

It looks like giants who are 10-4 are going to play offs and depending if seahawks earl thomas come back,can be seeing patroits vs giants for third time?By way patroits are really looking to be unbeatable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
It looks like giants who are 10-4 are going to play offs and depending if seahawks earl thomas come back,can be seeing patroits vs giants for third time?By way patroits are really looking to be unbeatable!
I could easily see the Patriots but don't see the Giants.. Their defense appears to be coming on strong but i do NOT trust that offense.. Not CONVINCED..

Old 12-19-2016, 04:28 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I could easily see the Patriots but don't see the Giants.. Their defense appears to be coming on strong but i do NOT trust that offense.. Not CONVINCED..
Hardest thing for Giants will be 3 straight road games...in playoffs against very tough opponents. In 2007 and 2011 Giants had a good offensive line and running game..this year not happened. Still time to develop it as they showed signs against Detroit but...tall task. Dallas has easily the clearest road. They want ANYONE but the Giants in first round. None of the other candidates have a defense Atlanta, GB, Skins. Dallas would roll any of them at home.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:34 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
The Giants might well win in the first round. Given Detroit's closing schedule (@ Dal, GB) they'll quite possibly be the #4 seed hosting #5 seeded New York. That would be a very winnable game for the Giants because... well, the Lions are the Lions, after all.

But then they'd have to get past Dallas (most likely) or Seattle in the divisional round, and one of those teams or maybe Atlanta in the conference championship. Possible? Sure. But not likely.

New England? Of course, that's very possible. Probable, even.

Side note:
For the first time in five seasons, the top two seeds in the AFC will not be the pair of Denver and New England as the Broncos finally fall by the wayside. On the other hand, this is the 11th time the Patriots have gotten one of the top two seeds and a bye in Tom Brady's 15 seasons in which he started a majority of the games for New England. I wonder how many decades we'd have to go back to find another team that has gotten one of the top two seeds eleven times?

Old 12-19-2016, 07:31 PM

465 posts, read 303,913 times
The Giants are very likely getting the 5 seed but they could well face the other hot team in the NFC, Green Bay. Their offense can be bad but almost every team making the playoffs has a beatable defense. The x factor will be the running game. There's no Brandon Jacobs or Ahmad Bradshaw this time but can Paul Perkins and Shane Vereen step up?

Old 12-19-2016, 08:05 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,895 times
I believe in NYG. Of course they can beat Dallas again. They can beat Seattle too. Seattle has become extremely inconsistent and is no longer trustworthy in my opinion. Their defense is solid, and OBJ can make the play that turns the game at any time. Besides, it's still early. Plenty of time for Eli to improve enough to win out. He has 3 more games before it gets tough.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:25 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Giants have won 8 of their last 9 games. They're darn good. NFC is going to have some pretty tough teams in the playoffs. Should be an interesting NFC post season.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:

I can't see them winning a second time in Dallas, or even a 3rd time overall against Dallas, especially when they probably should've lost the first one. I can't see them winning in Green Bay either if they have to play there.

The Patriots meanwhile have a complete cakewalk to the Super Bowl. No disrespect to the great seasons Oakland & KC have had, but neither of them have a chance at beating the Patriots.....in Foxboro, at home, or on Mars. The toughest competition for the Patriots in the AFC will be whichever team wins the North, and that matchup may not even happen as the North winner will probably be the 3 seed, on the opposite side of the draw, and probably lose to the West winner.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:03 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
It is hard to imagine any team beating the Patriots in the AFC. I think the Raiders are a bit of a wild card over there and if they can win the WEST and advance to the AFC Champ (likely in Foxboro)... perhaps the football gods will even the score...stranger things have happened.

The NFC is really a crap shoot. I don't think anyone would be terribly surprised if its the Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants or even the Packers that end up winning the Champ game. All but the Cowboys have proven Super Bowl winning QBs but its the Cowboys who should have home field advantage and perhaps that will help offset the QB edge. I think one team that everyone is over looking is the Falcons. They will likely play in the Wild Card round at home vs one of those Super Bowl winning QBs.. they could flip the script and turn the NFC into a Cinderella type ball..

Old 12-20-2016, 06:05 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It is hard to imagine any team beating the Patriots in the AFC. I think the Raiders are a bit of a wild card over there and if they can win the WEST and advance to the AFC Champ (likely in Foxboro)... perhaps the football gods will even the score...stranger things have happened.

The NFC is really a crap shoot. I don't think anyone would be terribly surprised if its the Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants or even the Packers that end up winning the Champ game. All but the Cowboys have proven Super Bowl winning QBs but its the Cowboys who should have home field advantage and perhaps that will help offset the QB edge. I think one team that everyone is over looking is the Falcons. They will likely play in the Wild Card round at home vs one of those Super Bowl winning QBs.. they could flip the script and turn the NFC into a Cinderella type ball..
Its a crapshoot but Dallas is in the front. Home field is huge for them. Only the Giants and Seattle would be an obstacle. Remember defense wins in the playoffs. As for AFC..KC is the team I would worry about if I were the Pats..very up and down but they have the defense to make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football