Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 AM

1,281 posts, read 776,743 times

Advertisements

Not much of a black monday based on what I am seeing on ESPN. Only coach reported as fired is Chip Kelly as of right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 11:15 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
And Chip was yesterday's news.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
And Chip was yesterday's news.

Right so basically no one has been fired today lol

Old 01-02-2017, 11:39 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Not much of a black monday based on what I am seeing on ESPN. Only coach reported as fired is Chip Kelly as of right now
Teams that could be making changes in general manager, head coach, and coaching staff members could be evaluating their options today before making any final decisions before moving forward.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:38 PM

17,595 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Rex Ryan and Mike Smith should get noticed.
Ryan will likely get some looks for DC. Both of them, actually.. But I don't see anyone rolling out the HC position for him again anytime soon.

Mike Smith.. He seems like someone the 49ers would hire. Wouldn't be the right fit, but..

Talk is of a trade between the Rams and Saints for Payton.. What actually kinda catches my eye is him going to Denver. Young QB there as well if they're going to stick with Siemien.

Teams like Buffalo.. I question what's going on there. They've pretty much soured the relationship with Taylor.. And.. Where do they go? There's not going to be a big name QB available.. So, a new coach is either going to be working with EJ Manuel or a crappy free agent.

Oh, not that SF is any better. Kaepernick is out, and he's one of the aforementioned crappy free agents.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Denver
Buffalo
San Francisco
Los Angeles
San Diego
Jacksonville

All need new head coaches. Rumors are that if Houston loses to Oakland in the first round Bill O'Brien could get the axe. Also some grumblings about Los Angeles going after Sean Payton.
O'Brien is going nowhere, unless there is a better coach on hand ready to step in. O'Brien has won division titles with crappy QBs handed to him. GM may be a better suited change.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
O'Brien is going nowhere, unless there is a better coach on hand ready to step in. O'Brien has won division titles with crappy QBs handed to him. GM may be a better suited change.
I like Obrien, he was the one who got in Tom Brady's Face about 5 years ago after Brady yelled at a receiver because he threw a INT. lol

Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 PM

17,595 posts, read 15,266,523 times
I do hope we see some new names.. Not the same old rehashes of coaches.

Russ Grimm I'm still high on.. I think he's ready. Put him with a good OC and you'll have a good team.

Kyle Shanahan.. He's going to be a HC sometime.. I think it's still a bit early, and I don't particularly think he's suited for the job.. An angry Norv Turner is who he reminds me of. Great OC.. Probably a horrible HC. But.. Then again, the problem with Norv I always thought was that he wasn't ever angry. He never had any emotion. So, perhaps Kyle would make a good HC. I don't think so, but.. I don't think he gets serious looks this year.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I do hope we see some new names.. Not the same old rehashes of coaches.

Russ Grimm I'm still high on.. I think he's ready. Put him with a good OC and you'll have a good team.

Kyle Shanahan.. He's going to be a HC sometime.. I think it's still a bit early, and I don't particularly think he's suited for the job.. An angry Norv Turner is who he reminds me of. Great OC.. Probably a horrible HC. But.. Then again, the problem with Norv I always thought was that he wasn't ever angry. He never had any emotion. So, perhaps Kyle would make a good HC. I don't think so, but.. I don't think he gets serious looks this year.
I like coaches who don;t show emotion like Andy Reid. I hated coaches like Tom Coughlin who could only frown up and not come up with a winning game plan

Old 01-02-2017, 07:01 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times
I love the term "fired" in the NFL. All of these coaches are millionaires and will likely continue making millions wherever they end up in whatever position they end up in, especially if it is a high profile college gig. They all live in a different world. Hard to feel sorry for anyone here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football