Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:47 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I see people talking about Houston but they have no decent QB and they're in they'd have to get past New England currently and Oakland has a nice young core who's "got next" after the Patriots fade.

1)ATL
2)Minnesota (Team is a legit QB away from being dangerous)
3)Cincinnati (build around Dalton & Green)

What if Detroit catches fire and wins the whole thing for 17/18? LOL, that would be crazy.
( regarding #2)..........The same was said when the Vikings made fools out of themselves by begging and begging Brett Favre to come out of retirement.
They stated they only were a QB short of winning the Super Bowl .

I don't believe they ever made the Super Bowl with Brett Favre which proved it was more than just a QB they were lacking then....................and now .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,741,606 times
Favre never took the Vikings to the Super Bowl. The last QB to take them was Fran Tarkenton, and I believe that was Super Bowl XI, by which time they'd lost four Super Bowls. They haven't been back since.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:01 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,802,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Tougher part might be the schedule. They've got the AFC East and NFC North next year, plus the Seahawks in Seattle and the Cowboys.

Patriots, Packers, Cowboys and Seahawks all in the same year.

That's rough. Though, i don't expect the Cowboys to be as good. the NFC East hasn't had a repeat champion for 13 years now. i expect Sophomore slump from Elliott and Prescott.
They get the Packers and Cowboys at home which helps. I would not worry about the NFC South if I were Atlanta as they're the best team in that division. Tampa Bay will be the second best team in the South and then flip a coin between the Saints and Panthers.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Your guess is as good as mine. Teams can go from dog house to penthouse in a hurry. Often times it take but one important piece to make the transition, a franchise QB. Two fairly recent examples are the Saints and Cardinals. Both were cellar dwellers for most of their existence and then stumbled backwards into franchise QBs. Every team on the list is capable of doing the same over the next couple of years whether through the draft or free agency.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Your guess is as good as mine. Teams can go from dog house to penthouse in a hurry. Often times it take but one important piece to make the transition, a franchise QB. Two fairly recent examples are the Saints and Cardinals. Both were cellar dwellers for most of their existence and then stumbled backwards into franchise QBs. Every team on the list is capable of doing the same over the next couple of years whether through the draft or free agency.

...well, everyone but Cleveland of course

Old 02-10-2017, 02:34 PM

397 posts, read 319,758 times
Quote:
That I can agree with. They're a QB away. but they better do it quick.. They've got so much locked up in Watt that when folks like Hopkins and Clowney finish up their rookie contracts.. They may not have enough money to keep them.
Maybe they can get Romo. If he can stay healthy into the playoffs, he's a guy they possibly can win with. Cousins seems like a long shot to me. But if they can somehow get him, even though Romo is/was better, you've got to appreciate his youth and health.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:17 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
This is a list for teams that have never won a Superbowl.

I know that! My post was in reference to the one ahead of mine, mentioning the Cowboys might not be a strong team next year and I pointed out some issues. Previous poster was talking about the Falcons who do seem to have a tough schedule.
Hard to say regarding Dallas. They could be weaker or stronger by opening up cap space by restructuring several contracts.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:37 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
( regarding #2)..........The same was said when the Vikings made fools out of themselves by begging and begging Brett Favre to come out of retirement.
They stated they only were a QB short of winning the Super Bowl .

I don't believe they ever made the Super Bowl with Brett Favre which proved it was more than just a QB they were lacking then....................and now .
Remember that Favre took them to the championship game and threw a boneheaded interception that lost the game.

So.. They WERE just a QB away.. They just got the wrong QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
Maybe they can get Romo. If he can stay healthy into the playoffs, he's a guy they possibly can win with. Cousins seems like a long shot to me. But if they can somehow get him, even though Romo is/was better, you've got to appreciate his youth and health.
They can't get a QB. They dumped too much guaranteed money on Osweiler. They're stuck with him and Savage.

Romo.. I figure goes to the Jets. There's chances that Shanahan might make a play for him in SF, but.. I don't think so.

Cousins isn't going anywhere.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
So.. They WERE just a QB away.. They just got the wrong QB.
Kind of dumb to say that they got the wrong QB IMO. You don't get much closer to the super bowl than Favre brought them. Now, had he thrown a bunch of picks in the regular season and they miss out on the wild card then you would have an argument.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:48 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Kind of dumb to say that they got the wrong QB IMO. You don't get much closer to the super bowl than Favre brought them. Now, had he thrown a bunch of picks in the regular season and they miss out on the wild card then you would have an argument.
The Vikings had been to 4 Super Bowls and lost every one.

The Vikings stated they believed Favre would win them a Super Bowl.
This isn't horse shoes where " getting close" to even playing in the Super Bowl counts.

As I stated, they were more than one player away from winning the Super Bowl back then and still are today and will continue to be for many years to come.

I attended a game at Met Stadium their very first year (over 50 years ago ) and doubt they will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

( I have my doubts in my kids' lifetime also )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football