Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times

Advertisements

While I am not a Bengals fan but they need a head coach who can lead them to the playoffs and start winning playoff games
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 11:44 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Jets are expected to interview former Packers coach Mike McCarthy for their vacant head coach position. NYJ has one of the more coveted jobs. McCarthy would get to work with Sam Darnold. This is his first known interview. (Rapoport)

Old 01-01-2019, 03:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Marvin Lewis was about 10 years overdue. Good riddance!

Old 01-01-2019, 09:40 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think Gruden gets a pass because he had the Redskins in 1st place at mid season and then lost their starting QB to injury, then lost their backup to injury... you can't win with a 3rd string QB or someone brought in off the street.

He really shouldn't get a pass.. Even when they were 6-3, it wasn't a good looking 6-3. Yes, no doubt Alex Smith and Colt McCoy going out kept them out of the playoffs.. But.. It kept them from a first round playoff exit. That was the best they were going to do.

Noone was panicking when Smith went down.. Panic set in when McCoy went down.

Then, releasing Swearinger.. Half the defense, which wasn't horrible all the time this year.. Won't be back because they're fed up.

I'd honestly say, if Cleveland didn't hire Gregg Williams as the head coach.. Go after him. But the bridge has likely been burned with him.. He was basically promised the HC job when Gibbs retired the second time and was passed over or Jim MF-ing Zorn.

It's just a situation where if you're going to change the culture.. And Lord knows, it's a culture that needs change.. Burn the whole thing down.

Old 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
I'm all for the Browns keeping interim HC Greg Williams. GM Dorsey has already interviewed him and will interview Mike McCarthy tomorrow.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm all for the Browns keeping interim HC Greg Williams. GM Dorsey has already interviewed him and will interview Mike McCarthy tomorrow.
You'd have to get an excellent OC and/or QB Coach for Mayfield.

Williams is a defensive wizard.. Offense generally leaves something to be desired with him. So, while I think he would be a fine HC (Though, it didn't go well previously for him in Buffalo).. I'm not sure he'd be the correct choice for Cleveland, needing to further develop Mayfield. But.. It could work.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:34 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
It is RUMORED (Or in England, RUMOURED) That MY FINZ are interested in Rex Ryan. In today's world of Fake news, who knows?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...fl-with-miami/

Now I would say Try it ONLY If he brings his twin ROB RYAN with him to run the defense.
Would they bring in a Super Bowl? I don;t know about that
BUT They would be entertaining and bring a year or two of winning seasons to the franchise until the three year carousel turns and they get sent away.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
It is RUMORED (Or in England, RUMOURED) That MY FINZ are interested in Rex Ryan. In today's world of Fake news, who knows?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...fl-with-miami/

Now I would say Try it ONLY If he brings his twin ROB RYAN with him to run the defense.
Would they bring in a Super Bowl? I don;t know about that
BUT They would be entertaining and bring a year or two of winning seasons to the franchise until the three year carousel turns and they get sent away.

Neither of them has had a job the past 2 seasons. That should tell you something.It's been a pleasant two years, as well.

Fins have more problems than coach. They're going to move on from Tannehill.. But.. Where are they going? Talk is it could be a landing spot for Flacco or Bridgewater.. I'd probably hope more for the latter.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:03 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Saw a report that Cincinnati is bringing in ex-Broncos coach Vance Joseph for interviews tomorrow and Friday. Got a good chuckle outta that. Hiring him would be a total Bengals move.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Saw a report that Cincinnati is bringing in ex-Broncos coach Vance Joseph for interviews tomorrow and Friday. Got a good chuckle outta that. Hiring him would be a total Bengals move.

Rooney Rule interview, most likely.

Though, I don't think Vance got a particularly fair shake in Denver. At best the past 2 years they would have been a .500 team or so.

The guy i'd hire.. I've said it over and over.. this guy should be in the HoF for getting to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as QB.. Lovie Smith has been canned twice when he shouldn't have been. He should be getting looks from some of these teams who need a HC.

I kinda wonder what happened to Russ Grimm.. He seemed to be on the fast track to being a HC and then the Pittsburgh fiasco with Tomlin happened and.. He coached a few more years, but never got any real consideration as a HC. Retired after last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football