Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 12:36 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Some people have said they think the Texans are behind this to try and limit his trade potential or so and basically force him to stay with the team. I don't know what to believe, however I HIGHLY doubt the Texans are behind this. BUT, let's just say they are...the NFL would never recover from such a behind the scenes conspiracy with one of their franchises.

But again, I don't think the Texans have anything to do with this situation. Just saying!

Oh, if that were the case, the McNairs would be out. That would rank far worse than anything that Richardson or Snyder ever did and Richardson would have been forced to sell and they're talking that Snyder may be forced..

They'd force him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 01:10 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
It’s a bit odd for all the cases to go civil. More often than not they’d go criminal first and then civil but I’ve read some commentary that using affidavits in the civil filing is less dangerous to the plaintiffs than possibly lying to the police or filing a false police report and Tony may be taking the route to afford his clients more protection

The reason the number of people exploded is that the attorney was asking for people to call him through Facebook and Instagram

Old 03-23-2021, 03:01 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Watson’s attorney released his first statement today and said they believe they’ve identified one of the plaintiffs who earlier attempted to blackmail Watson for 30k and admitted it was consensual. This is going to get even more messy than it has been

Old 03-23-2021, 03:13 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Some people have said they think the Texans are behind this to try and limit his trade potential or so and basically force him to stay with the team. I don't know what to believe, however I HIGHLY doubt the Texans are behind this. BUT, let's just say they are...the NFL would never recover from such a behind the scenes conspiracy with one of their franchises.

But again, I don't think the Texans have anything to do with this situation. Just saying!
The NFL would be find. As long as such a conspiracy is contained to just the Texans and doesn't go beyond their organization. They would have to just about tar and feather those inside the organization that knew of such a conspiracy but beyond that the NFL itself would be fine. Houston would either lose it's team or at the least have a new owner.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
The NFL would be find. As long as such a conspiracy is contained to just the Texans and doesn't go beyond their organization. They would have to just about tar and feather those inside the organization that knew of such a conspiracy but beyond that the NFL itself would be fine. Houston would either lose it's team or at the least have a new owner.

Agreed. If the NBA was fine after that idiot that owned the Clippers...

Old 03-23-2021, 04:57 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
This is awfully convenient for the Texans, eh? It may make Watson more difficult to trade. I've got $10 that says the Texans are playing dirty here.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:19 PM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
This is awfully convenient for the Texans, eh? It may make Watson more difficult to trade. I've got $10 that says the Texans are playing dirty here.
I’m not sure how you draw that conclusion at this point.

We now know, corroborated by his attorney, the stories about Watson soliciting massages on Instagram and Facebook is true. He says there were several consensual sexual encounters, solicitation of prostitution at the very least.

Are we really to believe at this point everything these women are saying is true, except for the part where Watson try’s to play his kink sex games?

Old 03-25-2021, 09:55 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:

This is not logical to me. The Texans have been offered a kings ransom for Deshawn. If his reputation gets hurt or he does get charges his worth to the team drops to nearly zero (especially if it goes to court and found guilty).

If the team is doing doing this to force him to stay and Deshawn knows this, why would he even care to play for a team that does this, if he didn't sit the season out?

I really see no upside for the Texans wanting to do this, so I believe this is an non-issue.

The strange thing is why are all the accusers using the same attorney. That's what raises my flag.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The strange thing is why are all the accusers using the same attorney. That's what raises my flag.

Gives it that ambulance chaser smell, don't it?

Old 03-26-2021, 08:06 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Why are there no police reports, or complaints with the Houston Police Department?

For now, though, not much is happening. Via KTRK, the Houston Police Department said Thursday that it has not yet received any documentation or other evidence from Buzbee. The lawyer has said that his office would be submitting affidavits and other evidence on Monday, March 22.

This whole thing just seems to be a major red flag. I'm not saying there isn't fault here but why now, and why wasn't this brought up sooner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football