Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 06:48 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I get it, you're a hater. Priceless!!! And what do you know, 2 blatant hits including the helmet to helmet to Heath Miller not called!!! Why would I think it's a conspiracy?
Yep call was missed! No doubt about it. They are missin em in all games everywhere. (edit)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-06-2010 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 07:59 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
TEAM thread which has been described before.

I don't mind the point/counterpoint on this issue, there are several things the commish is doing I scratch my head about.

I do mind the extracurricular one liners. Both parties have made their point. Let's move on here, ok?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:50 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Harrison was fined when no penalty was called last week or so. The hit on Miller looked definitely illegal so that guy can still get fined. Overall I thought it was the best game I've seen in a long time especially since we won. A broken nose doesn't always create pain but bleeds a lot.
If Heath Millers hit goes unpunished (fined) than the league agenda is way too obvious. The punch to Roethlisberger may have been an accident but who tackles or sacks a QB by the helmet? Hands are supposed to be from the shoulder down. Otherwise you have a face mask tackle, or a horse collar which are both illegal. Why do I thin Ngata is going to get away with this one too?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:38 AM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
That was a heck of a win for the Pittsburgh Steelers there. Take that, Ben haters, take that Ravens fans. I hate the Baltimore Ravens and it was good to see them lose like that in their own crib.

Ben was a man amongst punks last night and he won. Polamalu was crazy out there and made plays. He got a daily reprieve from those stupid hair commercials.

Good for you, Pittsburgh Steeler fans.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 PM

I definitely can't rag on the Ravens or their fans. They have a similiar style to ours and that's why it was a battle last night. Every game against them is like a playoff game. Fortunately we came out on top. I have alot of respect for them(the Ravens) and even Terrell Suggs spoke up for James Harrison about a week ago, saying he thought JH was being singled out. Too bad their coach couldn't lose with dignity.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
I definitely can't rag on the Ravens or their fans. They have a similiar style to ours and that's why it was a battle last night. Every game against them is like a playoff game. Fortunately we came out on top. I have alot of respect for them(the Ravens) and even Terrell Suggs spoke up for James Harrison about a week ago, saying he thought JH was being singled out. Too bad their coach couldn't lose with dignity.
True that.
I think playing a tough opponent is better any day than playing an easy team. And when our team wins, it makes the win even sweeter.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Well stated Phoenix. I do think some fine are in order however.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Many say the new england pats will win the afc championship. They tore the jets apart last night scoring 45 points. They also scored high vs the steelers & lions. Are they that unstopable now ?

I hate how brady has always tore the steelers apart.
Their has got to be a way to get to him like the browns did.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Many say the new england pats will win the afc championship. They tore the jets apart last night scoring 45 points. They also scored high vs the steelers & lions. Are they that unstopable now ?

I hate how brady has always tore the steelers apart.
Their has got to be a way to get to him like the browns did.
We always seem to play the Pats when we are injured (especially our OL). Just heard today that both players on the Ravens are being fined for their hits. I guess the league decided it was time to get money from other people too or maybe it was becoming way to obvious. My question... where is all the money from the fines going to?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
We always seem to play the Pats when we are injured (especially our OL). Just heard today that both players on the Ravens are being fined for their hits. I guess the league decided it was time to get money from other people too or maybe it was becoming way to obvious. My question... where is all the money from the fines going to?
The NFL is raking in alot of money from fines this year. James harrison alone was 125k total in fines.

I do wonder as well where its all going to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football