Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Final score..bengals-18, steelers-12. The bengals sweep the steelers & unless they start losing big time they will win the afc north division. Ben looked like crap today. The steelers are 1-2 in the division & the bengals are 5-0. The steelers have only themselves to blame for todays loss. Four times in the red zone & 4 field goals. The steelers special teams are not too special & jeff reed needs to learn how to tackle.
Unfortunately they lost but you have to give it up to Cincy. As far as wrapping up the division only 9 games have been played with 7 seven to go and Pitt is one game behind.It's anyones guess what happens but saying they already wrapped the division up is crazy even if they do hold the tie breaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 05:32 PM

666 posts, read 1,844,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yes...I knew I said it!
You're missing my point. In fact my original post wasn't directed only at you. The post before yours said "Ben played like crap" as well. I know you congratulated the Bengals on the victory. I was talking about the red zone comments. Ben's inability to produce in the red zone was more attributable to the Bengal's D than it was his underperforming. Why not blame Holmes for the loss? Holmes missed a perfect pass in the end zone...went right through his hands. Why not blame special teams? There were many things that did not work and I don't see "Ben played like crap" being the reason. I guess some people see a lack of TDs and immediately blame a QB.

I don't think Ben played a terrible game. There just wasn't much time to find open receivers. And the ones that were "open", were covered well. His sack numbers are always high due to the way he refuses to throw the ball away.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
You're missing my point. In fact my original post wasn't directed only at you. The post before yours said "Ben played like crap" as well. I know you congratulated the Bengals on the victory. I was talking about the red zone comments. Ben's inability to produce in the red zone was more attributable to the Bengal's D than it was his underperforming. Why not blame Holmes for the loss? Holmes missed a perfect pass in the end zone...went right through his hands. Why not blame special teams? There were many things that did not work and I don't see "Ben played like crap" being the reason. I guess some people see a lack of TDs and immediately blame a QB.

I don't think Ben played a terrible game. There just wasn't much time to find open receivers. And the ones that were "open", were covered well. His sack numbers are always high due to the way he refuses to throw the ball away.
You are right, it was a cummulative effort in losing today--not just Ben's fault.

I'm just not used to the Steelers being in the red zone that many times and coming away with only 3 points every single time. Usually when they get to the red zone...they come away with a TD. Holmes did miss a key pass in the end zone.

Cinci's D did an outstanding job today.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
You're sick of Ben because you're an Eagles fan.It's kind of how my Yankees overshadow the Mets. The same goes for Philly. Sorry dude but being a hater because your team can't get the job done is lame.
By the way,the Steelers usually start slow but now we're back to ourselves and all this means is a loss for Cincy. With Troy now healthy and Timmons on his way back most likely,I don't believe Cincy will be very happy after this one.
First of all, I'm a chick not a dude. Second of all, how did today's game work out for you. Third, being an Eagles fan has nothing to do with it.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:30 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Congrat Bengals! Great win today!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:12 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Troy is back and Carson is in trouble
hey now, hey now,
Troy is back!

Unlike in week 3, the running game is firing on all cylinders (if Formerly Fast Willie P picked up 93 yards on Cincy in Wk 3, what is R. Medenhall gonna do? 150+?), Polomalu is back and Ben is on fire. The Steelers dominated the first 3 quarters of the first match up - they will be even more dominant this game - and this time for all 4 quarters.

Steelers 31 - Bengals 13.
I'll take my crow medium rare with a side of fries, thanks.

Nice win Bengals

Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM

I say we all take a collection and buy Jeff Reed some tackling lessons. Can the specail teams suck any harder?

Gotta give a hat tip to the Bengals, they are getting it done. We have to run the table and they would have to drop 2 for us to win the division. That is a stretch to say the least. Bengals remaining schedule is powder puff soft, only 2 teams left on it w/ winning records -Chargers and Vikings. The Steelers have the Ravens 2x - and despite their struggles this year, that match up is always a war - plus credible challenges from Miami (in MIA) and the Packers.

ugh

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 PM

Oh - and Troy's hurt again
double ugh

Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post

Ben over threw & under threw plus holmes missed a key td pass. I did say the special teams dont look too special. The bengals though didnt exacly impress me & the season isnt over yet but they do control their own destiny. With troy being out it hurt them. This sun pitts travels to kansas city then they play balt, oak(h), clev, green bay(h), balt(h) & the final regular season game on jan 3d is at miami. The bengals remaining 7 games are oak, clev, det, min, sd, kc & the nyj. Four of those teams are poor (oak, clev, det, kc). It aint over though till the big boned lady sings.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I say we all take a collection and buy Jeff Reed some tackling lessons.
Kickers are there to kick, not to make tackles.
Ten other guys should have made that tackle, not Jeff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football