Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 06:24 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,033,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Steelers cannot cover Gronk (demonstrated game after game). And Steelers' coaching staff can't develop a scheme to even slow Gronk down (at best).
Gronk's series of final drive catches cost Pittsburgh the game. And (to me), it seems Belichick always ultimately out-coaches Tomlin..
Imo, postseason still looks promising for both teams tho..
I agree. Ben though should of thrown the ball away instead of a stupid int.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 03:03 PM

Brown says he will return in time for the playoffs. The steelers 2 remaining games are @ the Texans (xmas day) & @ home vs the browns. They should win both games (crosses fingers) & end up being 13-3. Lets hope the nasty pats lose at least 1 game (bills or jets) & end up @ 12-4 otherwise pitts will be the #2 seed. At least they would have a bye & 1 home game. I really hate the pats. Brady is 12-2 vs pitts & has won 5 straight games against them. Pitts should of won the game but they screwed up with a costly penalty when they were moving the ball & got the 1st down with less then 8 mins left. NEVER give brady the ball back with only a few mins left.

Last edited by steel7; 12-20-2017 at 03:49 PM..

Old 12-29-2017, 03:12 PM

Had the Texans had a better qb the game could of gone either way. I don't agree with pitts cutting james Harrison (they should of kept him on the roster till the end of the season/playoffs) but he has lost a step or two & he is 39. It sucks that the nasty pats signed him. I hate that team.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Had the Texans had a better qb the game could of gone either way. I don't agree with pitts cutting james Harrison (they should of kept him on the roster till the end of the season/playoffs) but he has lost a step or two & he is 39. It sucks that the nasty pats signed him. I hate that team.
I think when you're faced the reality of having to cut someone who hasn't played much over making room for a player who will likely see more playing time, you can't always control what the other party can do. If I get let go, my old company can get mad if I get an offer from a competitor if they want, but what am I supposed to do? Twiddle my thumbs? Would you? Meanwhile you can't always be in a position not to make a move based on the best interest of something/someone else.

Athletes are like most people; they want to leave on their terms. He's just making the most of what could possibly be his last season.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 AM

2,828 posts, read 826,131 times
Ben wants revenge on the Jags, we shall see who that plays out.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:51 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Ben wants revenge on the Jags, we shall see who that plays out.
Playing at home after a good rest, with AB back. Here's hoping it goes the way it should!!

Old 01-14-2018, 09:22 AM

2,828 posts, read 826,131 times
Game day. Steelers need to run the ball more this time.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:46 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Shaking my head at some of the Steeler play calling....
I guess its easy to 2nd guess play calling but man, 4th and short.. QB sneak... ok, you didn't run the first time, surely you will run it the 2nd time, nope.. dumb... shaking my head... Still, where was that vaunted Steeler defense... must of took the day off knowing they were playing the much beleaguered Blake Bortles... of course all those NFL defensive players ragging on Blake will be watching him play next week... man that's karma for ya!

Old 01-14-2018, 03:07 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
Just curious as a Patriots fan. Lots of rumbling in the media in these parts that the Steelers where looking past the Jaguars to playing the Patriots again. I honestly don't believe that, especially from a team as good as the Steelers. Do you think there is any validity to it?

I am totally surprised that the Jags beat the Steelers who put up 552 yards of offense, although 2 turnovers which are always costly. But the D giving up 164 on the ground and allowing 45 points to be put up at home. What was it about Jacksonville this year that was so hard on the Steelers?

Old 01-14-2018, 03:19 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Just curious as a Patriots fan. Lots of rumbling in the media in these parts that the Steelers where looking past the Jaguars to playing the Patriots again. I honestly don't believe that, especially from a team as good as the Steelers. Do you think there is any validity to it?

I am totally surprised that the Jags beat the Steelers who put up 552 yards of offense, although 2 turnovers which are always costly. But the D giving up 164 on the ground and allowing 45 points to be put up at home. What was it about Jacksonville this year that was so hard on the Steelers?
Y'all are gonna find out soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football