Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 04:48 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

Pitts lost last week to a 3-9 team (raiders). They have lost 3 straight & lead the AFC north by only 1/2 game. It will be a miracle for them to win the division (only chance of making playoffs) with the pats, saints & bengals coming up. Boswell missed 2 field goals last week & ben sat out most of 2nd half. Pitts hopefully gets it together especially this sunday @ home vs 9-3 pats (brady rarely loses vs pitts).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 07:18 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Pitts lost last week to a 3-9 team (raiders). They have lost 3 straight & lead the AFC north by only 1/2 game. It will be a miracle for them to win the division (only chance of making playoffs) with the pats, saints & bengals coming up. Boswell missed 2 field goals last week & ben sat out most of 2nd half. Pitts hopefully gets it together especially this sunday @ home vs 9-3 pats (brady rarely loses vs pitts).
im a pats fan and after last weeks fiasco...….im not confident pats are going to beat the steelers…. we don't play well on the road and our defense..well...sucks at times... its a great match up... very evenly matched...
patriots blew it last week on one play...… we could be top seed but now down in the pack...

big ben is one of my fav qb's tough as nails and doesn't whine.... and gives respect to brady..

I just hope we don't have many players getting hurt...…..that will impact the rest of the season...

Old 12-15-2018, 08:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
im a pats fan and after last weeks fiasco...….im not confident pats are going to beat the steelers…. we don't play well on the road and our defense..well...sucks at times... its a great match up... very evenly matched...
patriots blew it last week on one play...… we could be top seed but now down in the pack...

big ben is one of my fav qb's tough as nails and doesn't whine.... and gives respect to brady..

I just hope we don't have many players getting hurt...…..that will impact the rest of the season...

fiasco????? since 2013 (for the exception of 2016) the Patriots have lost at Miami including last year. Patriots don't play well in Miami.....call it the humidity weather or Miami matches with them well but it has nothing to do with the Steelers.

Steelers without Bell will not beat a top team in December and January. Ben has to pass too much and has already 13 INT's in 13 games. If the Steelers lose the next 2 games (Pats & Saints) and Ravens go 2-1 in their final 3 games, Steelers loses the division and don't make the playoffs.

the Pats still has hope to get the #1 seed..........they have to win the last 3 games (@ Steelers and 2 home games versus the Bills and Jets and for the Seahawks to beat the Chiefs in Seattle. If not they get the #2 seed which is still a bye and good.

I like way better the Patriots' position than the Steelers by far.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:00 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Can't see the Patriots losing 2 in a row this late in the season, it could happen but i just don't see it. The Steelers are spiraling so i expect the Pats to see to it that the Steelers continue their spiral.

If the Pats don't beat the Steelers they could end up with the 3rd seed behind the Texans. The Texans have a tougher schedule in the final 3 games but they are all winnable games the way they are playing..

Old 12-16-2018, 12:06 PM

Steelers were in denial when they said they don't need Bell....Yes, they do. I said they were going to miss him in December and if they make the playoffs......it's the reason Steelers have lost 3 in a row (it should have been 4 in a row because they should have lost the game at Jacksonville) and Ben has 13 INT's in 13 games in the season.....if the can't run the ball in the cold weather that makes Ben throw the ball too much and makehim 1 dimensional and you know how unpredictable he has been.

They have no Bell and no Conner to run the ball....and they have to play the Patriots and @ New Orleans back to back.......I think they are done.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:25 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
YES! Wonderful game, I love it when anyone beats New England (or the Cowboys, or the Yankees).
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:47 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Did you all hear me cheering? - I had on my Steeler sweatshirt, slippers and got my "lucky" little football thing. Needless to say - I am HAPPY

Old 12-16-2018, 06:26 PM

good win for the Steelers, they needed this win or they would drop to #8 seed and out of the playoffs.
I think the division will be decided next week when Ravens play the Chargers and the Steelers play the Saints. Ravens are only 1/2 back.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:16 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Congrats, but I think my Pats played just a little bit crappier than you guys did. The Steelers and Patriots certainly don't look to be heading towards the playoffs anywhere close to the top of their games.

Old 12-16-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Congrats, but I think my Pats played just a little bit crappier than you guys did. The Steelers and Patriots certainly don't look to be heading towards the playoffs anywhere close to the top of their games.

i think the Pats will end up 11-5 and with the #2 or #3 seed. Not bad. it's really hard to go to the SB every year.

Steelers are not out of the woods yet......they have to play @ New Orleans and they are 1/2 a game up on the Ravens. They might not make the playoffs if they don't win the division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football