Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2024, 04:30 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Speaking on hot heads or babies, where is that other guy that used to play for Steelers? He was a good football player but it's too bad he was such a drama Queen about so many things.
Yeah, he pi$$sed away his NFL career by being a diva/drama queen. But he will one day be in the pro football hall of fame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 09:03 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Hey, Steeler fans. Saquan Barkley is available. My Giants don't seem to value him. It seems you may have to beat out Harbaugh for his services.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/02/sports...ist-ryan-leaf/

Saquon Barkley could have a new suitor on the West Coast. The two-time Pro-Bowler, who is an unrestricted free agent this offseason after spending six seasons with the Giants, may be a target for new Chargers head coach Jim Harbaugh, according to Harbaugh’s former teammate Ryan Leaf. “Austin Ekeler’s a big part of what it could be with them running the football, but I do think that Saquon Barkley’s going to be at the top of [Harbaugh]’s list, in terms of, what he wants to do with the running back position with him being a free agent,” Leaf said Friday on “Good Morning Football.” Barkley’s relationship with the Giants soured last offseason when he initially refused to sign the team’s franchise tag in hopes that he’d get a contract extension, eventually giving in and signing a $10.1 million guaranteed deal on the tag.
The Steelers don't need another running back. They are set with Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren. Also, they wouldn't be able to pay Saquan money.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:12 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Where are those terrible towels? This thread needs reviving. Anyway, Russell Wilson going to the Steelers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...t/72927381007/

Russell Wilson ended the question of where he would play the 2024 NFL season before free agency officially began, with ESPN and NFL Network reporting Sunday night that he will sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers on a one-year deal.

Wilson, 35, is set to be released by the Denver Broncos this week once the new league year officially begins Wednesday, the organization announced last week. The team will incur a record $85 million in dead cap money over the next two seasons due to the move.

The Steelers are entering a team-friendly deal, according to ESPN, with the Broncos paying approximately $38 million of the guaranteed money he’s owed for this season.

Old 03-11-2024, 07:09 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Why not the Steelers? No brainer for them, pay a million, get a QB to compete with Kenny P., Broncos paying his salary, this year and next (the worst contract ever)!

Old 03-11-2024, 12:41 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
It's odd, does seem like a no brainer....my friends who are Steeler fans just are not feeling it today.

Old 03-11-2024, 03:42 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Well, depends on which Russell they get, he can be a piece of work at times, different personality.

I'm not a fan, just think a no brainer for a team with Broncos footing the bill. He's from the NFC, played at Wisconsin so I've watched him plenty. The way he talks grates on me, like nails on a chalkboard, but the guy can play.

Cousins would be my choice over him but he wanted to cash in again, he's always been about the guaranteed money.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:59 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
I'm a Browns fan, but have respect for Mike Tomlin. He knows how to get a little extra out of QB's like Big Ben.

Not sure what happened to Pickett, maybe the kid is maxed out.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:40 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
I suspect Russ will be better than the average QB, and you'll make the playoffs.

Just be sure to design a lot of rollouts, get the WRs to play along on scramble drills, let him escape for five yards when needed, and design a lot of deep and/or sideline routes. And make a show of not treating him differently so you keep the team happy.

--Seahawks fan

Old 03-12-2024, 04:38 PM

353 posts, read 127,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
I suspect Russ will be better than the average QB, and you'll make the playoffs.
That's a big ask with how competitive the AFC is.
From the 16 teams there's probably job at two teams that could be counted out, the Pats and Broncos, and you never know the type of turnaround the draft can bring. Houston went from last to 4th seed in a season.

Pretty much all of the AFC North is competitive so Steelers are already in a tough spot.
Then all of the AFC South is competitive.
The AFC East has 2 strong teams and we are still waiting to see what Rodgers can do for the Jets.
I'm the West there's the Chiefs , but we can't count out the Raiders and Chargers easily either.

The Steelers made it last season against the odds, but pretty much the league was all injured at that point.
But who knows, Russ might come in and kill it.

Old 03-15-2024, 12:29 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,078 times
I wish he would have "killed it" in Denver! :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football