Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2024, 12:15 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
My thoughts exactly! LOL
Dan Campbell should have won COY. He led the Lions to their first division title in 30 years and took them to the NFC Championship game. If Stefanski did that and Campbell won it for just taking an 11-6 team to the playoffs and got beat down, you'd have the same view as me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 12:24 PM

There is also no question the Browns defense was overrated last year.

They were 13th in scoring defense, 32nd in scoring defense on the road. They gave up 28 points to the Ravens, 38 to the Colts, 31 to Ravens again, 29 to Denver, 36 to the LA Rams, 27 to Jacksonville, 31 to the Bengals, and 45 in the playoffs to the Texans.

How is that a great defense?

Myles Garrett didn't lead the league in any major defensive categories. Look, and I am NOT making any of this up.

7th in sacks (14);
332nd in tackles;
9th in tackles for loss;
8th in QB hits;
109th in fumble recoveries;

Oh and in the playoffs against the Texans, when the season was on the line and the biggest game of the season... Garrett did ZERO, ZILCH, NADA. Really sounds like a DPOY to me...

Clearly this was a sympathy situation to give the award to Garrett because he is very undeserving.

Sorry you don't want to hear it, bro, but it is the truth and facts.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:25 PM

346 posts, read 127,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Dan Campbell should have won COY. He led the Lions to their first division title in 30 years and took them to the NFC Championship game. If Stefanski did that and Campbell won it for just taking an 11-6 team to the playoffs and got beat down, you'd have the same view as me.

I biasly agree. Especially since the coach of the team that delivered said beat down was also up for the same award but lost the tie breaker.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:01 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
My thoughts exactly! LOL
Bless their heart!

Old 02-12-2024, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
I biasly agree. Especially since the coach of the team that delivered said beat down was also up for the same award but lost the tie breaker.
I agree with you. I could also seen it go to Ryans. I mean, the Texans legitimately had a 2-3 win roster going into 2023... and he did nothing but win with it. Hats off to him on a miraculous season.

Old 02-13-2024, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I agree with you. I could also seen it go to Ryans. I mean, the Texans legitimately had a 2-3 win roster going into 2023... and he did nothing but win with it. Hats off to him on a miraculous season.
Certainly could have gone in several directions, but the people who picked, picked Stefanski.

Old 03-14-2024, 01:20 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Browns let Flacco go (to Indy).

Feels like a poor (but unsurprising) decision from Cleveland. Flacco did a good job, and made Cleveland an interesting late season story.. hard to see the logic in this. And some of the speculation I've seen is that it wasn't a logical decision. Theoretically Flacco was released because Flacco was causing front office anxiety. Flacco's popularity was a threat to Watson's confidence and his fragile future as their franchise QB(?)

Who knows.. but replacing Flacco with Jameis Winston isn't initially going over well with fans and pundits.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:26 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post

Feels like a poor (but unsurprising) decision from Cleveland. Flacco did a good job, and made Cleveland an interesting late season story.. hard to see the logic in this. And some of the speculation I've seen is that it wasn't a logical decision. Theoretically Flacco was released because Flacco was causing front office anxiety. Flacco's popularity was a threat to Watson's confidence and his fragile future as their franchise QB(?)

Who knows.. but replacing Flacco with Jameis Winston isn't initially going over well with fans and pundits.
Winston was probably cheaper than Flacco. Winston, from what I heard, has been a good locker room presence. He has matured since his younger days.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post

It's business. Everyone loved Flacco and deservedly so. But there is a big investment in Watson. When he did start last year, he went 5-1. Winston fits the scheme better than Joe did, being that Jameis is a more mobile. Teams were starting to figure Flacco out again and would have been more prepared for him this year.

As quiet life mentioned above, word is that his former team mates speak very highly of Jameis and will bring the strong presence that is needed since guys like Watson, Chubb and Garrett are more on the quieter side.

Look, we have to trust in GM Berry. He's done a good job so far, the Browns have just had some bad luck with injuries. Had Watson and Chubb not gotten hurt last season, the team could have made it to at least the AFC Championship if not the SB.

The great thing is that we will always have those Flacco memories, even with the short time he was in Cleveland. He made a big impact. I wish him well in Indy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football