Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 04:56 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

The problem with the Browns is it's owner Jimmy Haslam. He is like the Jerry Jones of the NFL but without any football experience. Farmer is a puppet to Haslam and won't stand up to him. Most of the front office is afraid of being fired and won't stand up to Haslam either. Lot's of friction between Pettine and Farmer.

No matter what talent the Browns can bring to the team (and won't be much because the good free agents will stay away), the Browns will always be dysfunctional if Haslam keeps trying to run the football operations.

As for Farmer's texting, looks like the Browns could lose a draft pick, somewhere in the later rounds. Farmer will be banned for a number of games also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 06:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The problem with the Browns is it's owner Jimmy Haslam. He is like the Jerry Jones of the NFL but without any football experience. Farmer is a puppet to Haslam and won't stand up to him. Most of the front office is afraid of being fired and won't stand up to Haslam either. Lot's of friction between Pettine and Farmer.

No matter what talent the Browns can bring to the team (and won't be much because the good free agents will stay away), the Browns will always be dysfunctional if Haslam keeps trying to run the football operations.

As for Farmer's texting, looks like the Browns could lose a draft pick, somewhere in the later rounds. Farmer will be banned for a number of games also.

I'm not going to blame Haslam just yet. Here is why. What was the excuse when Randy Lerner ran the team? At least Haslam is proactive and seems committed to fielding a winning team. Randy Lerner was nonexistent, and seemed to care more about his soccer franchise.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:28 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm not going to blame Haslam just yet. Here is why. What was the excuse when Randy Lerner ran the team? At least Haslam is proactive and seems committed to fielding a winning team. Randy Lerner was nonexistent, and seemed to care more about his soccer franchise.
It was reported that Kyle Shanahan gave a 32 point presentation of what was wrong with the front office before he left.

Haslam and his "homeless friend" decided to override the football experts he hired and took Johnny Football. Haslam just saw jersey sales and wanted to make a splash in the media.

The front office wanted to trade Gordon after his first season...SF offered a 2nd round pick. Haslam refused.

People inside the Browns verify that Farmer will not stand up to Haslam and it is most likely Haslam who told Farmer to text the QB coach with plays to call during the game, which is against NFL rules.

I would say the last three owners of the Browns have been a disaster.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It was reported that Kyle Shanahan gave a 32 point presentation of what was wrong with the front office before he left.

Haslam and his "homeless friend" decided to override the football experts he hired and took Johnny Football. Haslam just saw jersey sales and wanted to make a splash in the media.

The front office wanted to trade Gordon after his first season...SF offered a 2nd round pick. Haslam refused.

People inside the Browns verify that Farmer will not stand up to Haslam and it is most likely Haslam who told Farmer to text the QB coach with plays to call during the game, which is against NFL rules.

I would say the last three owners of the Browns have been a disaster.

So how do you change it? I mean, it doesn't help that the city of Cleveland has a negative image either. Sure that is changing, but still... Maybe the fans need to stop buying tickets, stop buying merchandise, and quit selling out games. Anymore it seems that Browns games are nothing more of an excuse to tailgate, and get drunk, and the game becomes secondary. Maybe that is the problem. No loss in revenue, so there is no urgency to improve the product on the field, because no matter what, they still sell out. They always get a pass, while the other 2 teams can't draw anyone if they suck! Hell, the Indians can't seem to pack Progressive Field, and they've played decent baseball the past 2 years!

I love the Browns! Being born and raised in northeast Ohio, and still living here I've been a fan all of my life. They will always be my favorite team! Having said that, I gave up my season tickets years ago, because I got tired of getting up early to drive to the rapid, or a bus stop to get downtown, spending a crapload of my hard earned money to eat, and drink, only to end up more times than not, tired, hung over, and p***ed off after yet another disappointing losse! So now, I sit in the comfort of my home and watch, where I can eat and drink cheap, and say anything I want without fear of being thrown out! Or if the weather is nice, and my neighbors are out we'll sit on his patio and listen to the game. You have to wonder at some point when other fans will say enough is enough, and stop going.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
New logo coming for the Browns. According to the article below it will not appear on the actual helmets but will replace the orange helmet as the official logo used. New uniforms hinted as well.

The Cleveland Browns are getting a new logo, and possibly a new quarterback in Josh McCown - The Washington Post

Old 02-18-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
New logo coming for the Browns. According to the article below it will not appear on the actual helmets but will replace the orange helmet as the official logo used. New uniforms hinted as well.

The Cleveland Browns are getting a new logo, and possibly a new quarterback in Josh McCown - The Washington Post

I just hope that the changes aren't too radical. And Josh McCown? Really? Seriously, I'd rather they bring back Brian Hoyer!

Old 02-19-2015, 04:16 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Apparently on Feb. 24, there will be a new logo, or they will "rebrand" their logo... maybe the color brown will be somewhere in there. Also supposed to have new uniforms this year.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Woo Hoo, a new logo. Wonder how many wins a year that will bring?
It just means that they will get to sell new stuff to the fans.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:28 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
The reveal and...not worth the time they spent hyping.

Cleveland Browns

I do hope, though, darkening the orange is a hint to bringing back the orange pants.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The reveal and...not worth the time they spent hyping.

Cleveland Browns

I do hope, though, darkening the orange is a hint to bringing back the orange pants.

I'm good with the brown face mask, but yeah it was a bit over hyped. I would have loved to see them tweak the Brownie Elf! I'm more anxious to see what the new unis look like, and I hope that the changes aren't too radical. And like you, I say bring back the orange pants!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football