Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 10:42 PM

131 posts, read 138,942 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't be suprised if Thad Lewis starts for you.

In Buffalo, he has played decently. Nothing great, but pretty decent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 09:06 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Pre-season games not far away. How are my fellow Browns fans viewing the team at this point? Lots of potential from my perspective, but the skill positions will make or break this season. Dwayne Bowe will help this team more than people think. If McCown has a decent year, the TE's perform well, and the backs do their job, the skies the limit. Defense and O-line are the obvious strengths, lets hope they play up to their abilities.

As for coaching, we'll see. Pettine's on the spot sideline decisions have to improve from last season.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddust View Post
Wouldn't be suprised if Thad Lewis starts for you.

In Buffalo, he has played decently. Nothing great, but pretty decent
Thaddeus was in Cleveland before he was in Buffalo and all I can say is I hope he improved a lot from when he was with the Browns. Liked his attitude, didn't seem like he'd be a problem off the field, so hope he has gotten better. It'll be interesting to see if he makes the team.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Pre-season games not far away. How are my fellow Browns fans viewing the team at this point? Lots of potential from my perspective, but the skill positions will make or break this season. Dwayne Bowe will help this team more than people think. If McCown has a decent year, the TE's perform well, and the backs do their job, the skies the limit. Defense and O-line are the obvious strengths, lets hope they play up to their abilities.

As for coaching, we'll see. Pettine's on the spot sideline decisions have to improve from last season.

I'm a bit optimistic. I see 7-9 to 9-7. I don't see a backslide, even with a tougher schedule. That defense is going to be even better, and the offensive line may be one of the best in the league.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:09 PM

That's more realistic than my prediction, but 'tis the season to be hopeful of a shockingly great year for our Browns. If Joe Thomas retires and/or I die before we see them win a Super Bowl, what a pitiful shame it will be.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
How's Manziel doing up there? Haven't heard anything in a while...

Old 08-04-2015, 06:42 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How's Manziel doing up there? Haven't heard anything in a while...
From what I have read, he is struggling and basically not putting any pressure on McCown. It doesn't sound good at all. I think Cleveland will be looking for a new starting QB next year, as I don't think Manziel is the answer and McCown couldn't get the job done in Tampa when he had Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans to throw to.

I think they will have to lean on their defense and running game to be competitive and hope that poor QB play doesn't torpedo their season. I think poor QB play combined with mediocre receivers will lead to a 5-11 or 6-10 record. I expect they will finally address QB and WR early next year via the draft and free agency, as a quality starting QB and a true #1 receiver are the biggest issues for this team, IMO.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
From what I have read, he is struggling and basically not putting any pressure on McCown. It doesn't sound good at all. I think Cleveland will be looking for a new starting QB next year, as I don't think Manziel is the answer and McCown couldn't get the job done in Tampa when he had Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans to throw to.

I think they will have to lean on their defense and running game to be competitive and hope that poor QB play doesn't torpedo their season. I think poor QB play combined with mediocre receivers will lead to a 5-11 or 6-10 record. I expect they will finally address QB and WR early next year via the draft and free agency, as a quality starting QB and a true #1 receiver are the biggest issues for this team, IMO.
Thanks for the info.

This is probably his first real training camp... that he is taking seriously. From what I read just now, the management hasn't given up on him yet.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:59 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Thanks for the info.

This is probably his first real training camp... that he is taking seriously. From what I read just now, the management hasn't given up on him yet.

Well, yes, it is only his 2nd season, so management isn't going to be ready to give up on a former 1st round pick. However, the fact that he is apparently now taking things seriously and still seemingly can't put any pressure on Josh McCown (a subpar talent and a journeyman QB) is a bit troubling.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:15 PM

Nice 95 yd. drive that Manziel led. Progress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football