Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who will have the better record?
the jets 15 31.91%
the packers 28 59.57%
they will have the same record 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times

Advertisements

The Packers have looked better than normal, specifically aaron rodgers. however, they played possibly the 2 worst pass defenses in the NFL. the vikes always have a bad pass defense and the lions don't even play defense. The Packers got fat off of two winless teams. The real test will be against their first quality opponent this Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys. But of course the Cowboy defense isn't anything to right home about either...but if that Packer D can keep that amazing offense of Dallas' in check, I'll take the Packers much more seriously than I have in the recent past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 11:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
^ The Packers/Cowboys game will be another shootout. What's the O/U for the game? I'm guessing in the 50s.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:54 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ The Packers/Cowboys game will be another shootout. What's the O/U for the game? I'm guessing in the 50s.
Man cannot wait for that, hope its shown here.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Man cannot wait for that, hope its shown here.

I dont know how it is in foreign countries but it is the NBC Sunday night football game so it should be shown all across the US hope you get it.

As of Thursday Morning, the over under is 51.5 so Vegas agrees that this is gonna be a barn burner. The Cowboys are giving up 3 point s well

All Rodgers has to do is play how he has been playing, Grant will hopefully be 100% and we can win. The Cowboys have a Great WR in TO but the Packers have a more depth at the position. If we can get pressure on Romo and Harris and Woodson are allowed to be physical with the Cowboy WR's we will win.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:51 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
Looks like the Vikes benched their starting QB so the Packers beat an 0-2 team that just benched their QB after 2 games and then they beat the Lions...not exaclty a great accomplishment but they are undefeated and have looked GREAT doing so. As they play teams like Tampa Bay, Dallas, Chicago, etc. we will know where they stand. I only mention the Bears because they have a legit defense so if Rodgers looks even semi-good against the bears, i'll give him a lot more respect than i did after he beat up on the Lions of all teams.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:06 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Default I would bet on Packers

New York Jets coach Eric Mangini listed as a coach on the hot seat - New York Jets Football - NJ.com

Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I dont know how it is in foreign countries but it is the NBC Sunday night football game so it should be shown all across the US hope you get it.

As of Thursday Morning, the over under is 51.5 so Vegas agrees that this is gonna be a barn burner. The Cowboys are giving up 3 point s well

All Rodgers has to do is play how he has been playing, Grant will hopefully be 100% and we can win. The Cowboys have a Great WR in TO but the Packers have a more depth at the position. If we can get pressure on Romo and Harris and Woodson are allowed to be physical with the Cowboy WR's we will win.
Yep we get it just checked . Hope Rodgers plays well.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times
Good god I can't wait till Sunday night! We might get blown out (honestly don't think so), but the marquee Sunday night game v the Cowboys, what's better if you're a Packer-Backer!!?

In Aaron we trust!!!

Go Pack Go!!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

Yes, it'll be shown in the USA. Even if it wasn't a SNF game, it'd be shown where I live since it's Cowboy territory here.

Wow, that is a high O/U, but I was expecting that. Hope A-Rod has the game of his young career and that T-Rom continues being Mr. Butterfingers. For those 3 hours, I'll be a diehard Packer fan.

On the other side of the equation (from the thread's perspective): Jets will get owned by the Chargers, who everyone knows were deprived of a win b/c of a sorry ref.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football