Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 03:53 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
oh snap...

Jon Gruden Dallas Cowboys rumors abound | PlayerPress.com - Sports Commentary, News, Rumors, Blogs, Photos, Videos by Pro Athletes and Fans

"...Former Buccaneers and Raiders head coach Jon Gruden has been contacted by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones after the teams 0-2 start."
THAT would have to be a rumor. The guy is not near old enough for Jerry to hire as head coach of the Cowboys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
OH , ok so your satisfied with ONE win in the playoffs since 95. Ok cool that settles it.
Don't mean to picky but we do have more than 1 playoff win since 1995.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
0-4 maybe staring the Cowboys in the face since they -play the Texans and Titans the next two games
Why stop there. The way they are playing as of now, we have the Vikings after those two games and then the team that swept us last year, the Giants, after that. We could potentially start 0-6. If we lose Sunday, Jerry has to make some changes.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Guys... ENOUGH.

Look, like I said earlier, the Cowboys do this every season.

- Slow or halfway decent start the first few weeks.
- Win in the middle of the season
- Have a crappy December/January, but some how manage to squeek into the playoffs or at least get above .500.
- Lose a heartbreaker in the post season.

I'm not worried about anything until the second half of that lil' list comes....

Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i'm convinced what we have here is a coaching problem...it seems when they are playing well, that the problem gets hidden, but in reality, it's never gone away.

the coaching problem has been exposed on both offense and defense...the talent is there, the coaching obviously isn't.

are the Cowboys the most talented team in the League? absolutely not.

but, like i said earlier...winning a playoff game with NO head coach is proof that this IS a talented team, screaming for discipline and a game plan.

0-2 doesn't really bother me much, as i believe with the coaching we have in place, it's a reality...reality doesn't bother me, but how we deal with this reality is where i'll either go ape $h!t nuts, or applaud the owner for getting something right.

i don't care if we win a playoff game this year...wade phillips must go. i like you wade, but just not as the Cowboy's Head Coach. Jason Garrett, you can take off as well...
Very Well said...

Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Guys... ENOUGH.

Look, like I said earlier, the Cowboys do this every season.

- Slow or halfway decent start the first few weeks.
- Win in the middle of the season
- Have a crappy December/January, but some how manage to squeek into the playoffs or at least get above .500.
- Lose a heartbreaker in the post season.

I'm not worried about anything until the second half of that lil' list comes....
Actually, this and last season are the only seasons they have done this. In 2007, they statted 5-0. In 2008, they started 3-0.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
Even if they get a new coach, he'll probably be a cream puff similar to Wade Phillips. I'm not sure I see much of a point in a new coach if JJ goes that route. Another Chan Gaily or Dave Campo isn't gonna do any good; and heaven forbid, not Jason Garret

We all know what one of the big problems are, but realistically, there's nothing that can be done about that. Maybe they'll get lucky and win a few playoff games one year with the way things are now. Anything's possible, I suppose.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Bill Cowher is still unemployed...

Old 09-22-2010, 10:34 AM

7 posts, read 11,864 times
I hate to disappoint the haters . . . but the Cowboys are about to go on a roll.

We'll be 5-3 by the midpoint of the season.

In the meantime, just root for other NFC teams to keep losing.

DCU Forums

Old 09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Actually, this and last season are the only seasons they have done this. In 2007, they statted 5-0. In 2008, they started 3-0.
Well every two years or so...

But still, you can't ignore the last month of the season. THAT gotta stop at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football