Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
In addition to his inexperience and record, Garrett has close ties to Jerry Jones, in essence, JJ unwillingness to relinquish power to a HC, goes to show the reason he would choose Garrett over a better qualified HC. Who's really running the show?! JJ's ego is his demise.
okay, i can't argue with the inexperience part...although, he may not have HC'ing experience, his been around pro football basically his entire life.

his record? well, his record is 5-3 as a HC...and that's with a 2nd string QB, and a team that was in shambles when he took over.

i'm not even touching JJ's ego...the man owns the team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
As much as I hate to say it.... TIME WILL TELL when it comes to JG.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
As much as I hate to say it.... TIME WILL TELL when it comes to JG.
That's my take on the situation as well. I think Garrett has done a pretty good job so far, 5-3 isn't bad considering the mess he walked into. Since I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and Garrett is a former Cowboy I would rather have him as the HC than anybody else if he's the one that can take us to the next level. It's just really hard to tell if he's the guy that can do that at this point. I think he has the potential to be a good coach, I'm just not sure yet if he'll be a great coach. I really like Garrett a lot so I'm certainly willing to give him a chance. I would have no problem at all with JJ giving him a full season to see if he's the guy. I have a feeling that's probably what JJ will do.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Prediction:

J. Garrett will be named HC, and Todd Bowles will be named Def. Coordinator...most likely today, but i'm sure it will be announced by 5pm tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM

just got word that an official HC announcement will be made today at 1:30cst on 1310 the ticket...you can stream their station via the web or tune in locally to 1310am in the DFW area...

Old 01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Yeah.... let's just hope this goes well.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 PM

just announced, Jason Garrett is the new Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones was very clear during this decision, that Garrett will have the final say of any hiring or firing of any Coaching staff or Player...the press really hammered this point, and both Garrett and Jones acknowledged this point, making it crystal clear.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
just announced, Jason Garrett is the new Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones was very clear during this decision, that Garrett will have the final say of any hiring or firing of any Coaching staff or Player...the press really hammered this point, and both Garrett and Jones acknowledged this point, making it crystal clear.
I like it - I hope they all come to camp with crew cut hair and shirt tails in.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:14 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
That was very good to hear, I just hope that Jones will stick to that...lol. I really liked what Jason Garrett had to say in the press conference. I think he has the passion and drive to succeed. In addition, as Jones pointed out, there were other teams that have been pursuing Garrett. If the Cowboy's hadn't have signed him, some other team would have. Troy Aikman likes it, Jimmy Johnson likes it....I like it!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I think he has the passion and drive to succeed.
agreed...and from what i've heard in the past couple months from J. Garrett's press conferences, we all know where he stands...there isn't any wishy-washy "awe-shucks" going on when he speaks.

boys, we have big things ahead of us..."how bout them Cowboys?!?!?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football