Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times

Advertisements

i bet if JaMarcus Russell was the starting QB for the Cowboys he would be overrated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Honestly, Romo (as much as I stick up for him) did cost the game and he needs to cut down on the mistakes. It sucks that this is the only thing we can take from the game because he actually played very well against a great defense. Before the game, I didn't see 300 yards passing on that team. I didn't see what should have been 30 plus points put up on that team.

Regarding Witten, I still believe he could have scored if he went full speed ahead and not worried about Leonard. Witten angled to the sidelines and kept looking back to see where Leonard is at. That effectively slowed him down to the point where he went out of bounds at the four. Now he tried protecting the ball, I get that. But if he ran full speed ahead, the only way Leonard gets him is by bringing him down from his back. He probably should have lowered his shoulder and drove him into the end zone. I think the 2007 game with Detroit still haunts him even though he was the hero of that day.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Regarding Witten, I still believe he could have scored if he went full speed ahead and not worried about Leonard. Witten angled to the sidelines and kept looking back to see where Leonard is at. That effectively slowed him down to the point where he went out of bounds at the four. Now he tried protecting the ball, I get that. But if he ran full speed ahead, the only way Leonard gets him is by bringing him down from his back. He probably should have lowered his shoulder and drove him into the end zone. I think the 2007 game with Detroit still haunts him even though he was the hero of that day.

Glad someone else agrees with me...

Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and I don't get why Jerry Jones does not cut him already
Because it's Week 1. When was the last time a starting quarterback got cut after one game? If he really is as mediocre as everyone believes, he's going to have to prove it. Of course, that won't work out really well for Dallas' 2011 season, but then you can't have everything. (Also, Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones).

Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
If we cut Romo, who do we replace him with? Romo is a much better qb than what else is out there at this point. If we go with no playoffs or no playoff wins this year, then I am all for grooming a replacement starting next season. Depending on what happens this year, Romo may very well turn out more like Danny White than Troy Aikman. If that turns out to be so, I still want to enjoy 3 straight NFC championship games like White took us to.......

Old 09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
.... you're asking ANYTHING from Jerry Jones?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Because it's Week 1. When was the last time a starting quarterback got cut after one game? If he really is as mediocre as everyone believes, he's going to have to prove it. Of course, that won't work out really well for Dallas' 2011 season, but then you can't have everything. (Also, Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones).
because he has only won 1 playoff game in his entire career, can't win big important games

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
because he has only won 1 playoff game in his entire career, can't win big important games
If you're gonna say "he's only one 1 playoff game", don't follow it up with "can't win big important games".

Obviously, he's won a couple in order to (A) get to the playoffs and (B) win at least one of them.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:03 PM

547 posts, read 939,659 times
Quote:
Should the Steelers cut Big Ben since he threw a lot of picks during the first game too? Come on man!!!!!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM

547 posts, read 939,659 times
Quote:
People were also complaining that Manning couldn't get the Colts to the promise land several years ago. I remember the media and fans from other teams throwing everything at the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football