Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 06:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I have to say on the last TD drive those were some of the best under pressure throws I have watched.
I think he knew he had to STEP UP BIG late in the game since he threw two early interceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 10:47 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,034,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Dolphins 20-19

2011 Regular Season Record: (7-4)

Next week: @ Arizona

I'm thankful for having a better record than last year (IMPROVEMENT).

HAPPY THANXGIVIN'
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think he knew he had to STEP UP BIG late in the game since he threw two early interceptions.
Yeah, that's for sure...lol.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:03 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Boy that pass defense looks pretty shaky. I think every corner on the team got beat deep. They made Mat Moore look like a pro bowler, as they did last Sunday with Rex Grossman. I am worried about the defense.. hoping Jenkins can come back against AZ and hoping Sensabaugh gets healthier.

I hated to see Romo start off with those two picks. The first one seemed to be underthrown and Martellus did him no favors by making zero effort to get to the ball. That was a similar throw last Sunday where Dez simply out played the defender for the ball.. Martellus is not DEZ, we know that but he could have at least attempted to keep the db from intercepting the ball. The second int was really Robinson's fault, he was suppose to stop and instead ran a little deeper. Robinson certainly made up for it and is quickly becoming Romo's go to guy. Witten has been blanketed early the last two games and Robinson has shined as he has all year long. What a find he has been!

The most impressive showing up the day had to be on the last drive. Not only were the Cowboys able to move the ball into field goal range but they ran the clock out in the process. The last 5 plays were all running plays by Demarco Murray. That one run where he bounced outside and then sat down before being forced out of bounds was IMO the play of the game. Murrays importance simply cannot be understated. Another incredible find for the Cowboys.

Take a look at two stars of this game and the past few games in fact, Robinson and Murray. Two players who were not starters at the beginning of the year and not expected to have big impacts this season. These are the type of players teams get that push them over the edge and make them Super Bowl Contenders. NOw the Cowboys are not super bowl contenders yet. They are simply too inconsistant and for some reason can't seem to remember the snap count! Now if we could just find some consistancy on defense who knows..

Old 11-25-2011, 06:08 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,101,947 times
Today was the first time I watched the Cowboys this year, and I must say that I was very UN-impressed. I should have known that all jock riding from ESPN (as usual) was just fluff.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:10 AM
FBJ

This team is not going far in the playoffs with that crappy defense.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Today was the first time I watched the Cowboys this year, and I must say that I was very UN-impressed. I should have known that all jock riding from ESPN (as usual) was just fluff.
Exactly, yes they won two in a row but they could have easily been 5-6 this morning with the bad play from the defense. See it's not a big deal now because they are winning but you wait until late in the season. If they are really a playoff team they should not have to squeak out wins against the skins and dolphins.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:14 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Boy that pass defense looks pretty shaky. I think every corner on the team got beat deep. They made Mat Moore look like a pro bowler, as they did last Sunday with Rex Grossman. I am worried about the defense.. hoping Jenkins can come back against AZ and hoping Sensabaugh gets healthier.

I hated to see Romo start off with those two picks. The first one seemed to be underthrown and Martellus did him no favors by making zero effort to get to the ball. That was a similar throw last Sunday where Dez simply out played the defender for the ball.. Martellus is not DEZ, we know that but he could have at least attempted to keep the db from intercepting the ball. The second int was really Robinson's fault, he was suppose to stop and instead ran a little deeper. Robinson certainly made up for it and is quickly becoming Romo's go to guy. Witten has been blanketed early the last two games and Robinson has shined as he has all year long. What a find he has been!

The most impressive showing up the day had to be on the last drive. Not only were the Cowboys able to move the ball into field goal range but they ran the clock out in the process. The last 5 plays were all running plays by Demarco Murray. That one run where he bounced outside and then sat down before being forced out of bounds was IMO the play of the game. Murrays importance simply cannot be understated. Another incredible find for the Cowboys.

Take a look at two stars of this game and the past few games in fact, Robinson and Murray. Two players who were not starters at the beginning of the year and not expected to have big impacts this season. These are the type of players teams get that push them over the edge and make them Super Bowl Contenders. NOw the Cowboys are not super bowl contenders yet. They are simply too inconsistant and for some reason can't seem to remember the snap count! Now if we could just find some consistancy on defense who knows..

The defense will catch a break next sunday because they will face either John Skelton or Kevin Kolb.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:38 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
What jock riding?

ESPN's been pumping up Green Bay and Philly all year.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
What jock riding?

ESPN's been pumping up Green Bay and Philly all year.
The last 3 weeks they have been HYPING up the cowboys. The Cowboys haven't lost since that Sunday night game against the Eagles.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:12 PM

74 posts, read 243,103 times
After yesterday's game, I'm a little scared for the rest of the season. Winning by only one point, with 3 seconds on the clock, to the Miami Dolphins of all people.
It's not only the defense, but also the offense that needs to pick things up a little if we wanna go further.
Oh well, at least we won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football