Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 07:49 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times

Advertisements

I remember him as the Defensive Coordinator at North Carolina since I follow that program... But they went 4-8 that year (Butch Davis' 1st year) and he left after that. So, I have no opinion of him... other than the obvious which is that he seems to have moved around alot when you look at his resume... ALOT! Anyone know anything positive or negative about this guy other than the obvious stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I remember him as the Defensive Coordinator at North Carolina since I follow that program... But they went 4-8 that year (Butch Davis' 1st year) and he left after that. So, I have no opinion of him... other than the obvious which is that he seems to have moved around alot when you look at his resume... ALOT! Anyone know anything positive or negative about this guy other than the obvious stuff?
Lots of movement can go both ways. Could mean that he did such a good job, that he is saught after. It could mean that he stinks. I think it's the former. But we will see.

The Ravens are a great Defense.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
So what role will Tressell play?

I was hoping to see the sweater vest in "BLUE".

Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
Peyton Manning has been released according to The Indianapolis Star. The official announcement will be released tomorrow at a news conference.

This is the right decision in my opinion; however, it sure feels like a kick to the groin. I will always remember and love Peyton Manning as an Indianapolis Colt and wish him nothing but the best. Thanks for all the memories # 18!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:09 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
The Indianapolis Colts are starting over. Completely.

Two days after releasing quarterback Peyton Manning, the Colts announced they were cutting four fan favorites: tight end Dallas Clark, running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett and safety Melvin Bullitt. Quarterback Curtis Painter also was released Friday.

"All these players, we'd love to have them here," new general manager Ryan Grigson said during a hastily arranged conference call with reporters. "It's not easy. It's agonizing. They're (salary) cap casualties. It's hard, but with the money involved you can't do certain things."

This is the latest round in a massive housecleaning project that began two months ago when the Colts completed their worst season in two decades. Nobody is immune.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:00 AM

10 posts, read 22,382 times
It had to be done. No sense in slowly getting rid of the older players seeing how we won't be in contention for some time. I just hope Luck doesn't get murdered out there next season.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,654 times
Did they release "Blue"?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
The Indianapolis Colts are starting over. Completely.

Two days after releasing quarterback Peyton Manning, the Colts announced they were cutting four fan favorites: tight end Dallas Clark, running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett and safety Melvin Bullitt. Quarterback Curtis Painter also was released Friday.

"All these players, we'd love to have them here," new general manager Ryan Grigson said during a hastily arranged conference call with reporters. "It's not easy. It's agonizing. They're (salary) cap casualties. It's hard, but with the money involved you can't do certain things."

This is the latest round in a massive housecleaning project that began two months ago when the Colts completed their worst season in two decades. Nobody is immune.
It is definitely a new era in Indy. Indy is much better off starting off from scratch and getting rid of the remants of the Peyton era. They have a lot of dead money from the cap this year but getting that money off the books is important.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Did they release "Blue"?
One could only hope. His humping move gets really old.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Colts resigned Wayne. Didn't see that coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football