Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2021, 01:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,538,367 times

Advertisements

Cam's QB rating today vs. Miami was officially listed as Jake Delhomme
Quote:
Newton was replaced by P.J. Walker with just over 10 minutes remaining and the Panthers trailing by 20.

Newton completed 5 of 21 pass attempts for 92 yards with two interceptions for a passer rating of 5.8. His 23.8 completion percentage was the worst by a player with 20-plus attempts since 2004, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.
Struggling Cam Newton benched by Carolina Panthers in fourth quarter

Pretty sure he had more throws batted down at the line than he did completions.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 11-28-2021 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 06:43 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Thankfully I was spared watching todays game due to never ending traffic from DC back home to Charlotte. Just ugh and we are in real trouble for the intermediate future at QB.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:19 PM

21,025 posts, read 27,291,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Cam's QB rating today vs. Miami was officially listed as Jake Delhomme

Struggling Cam Newton benched by Carolina Panthers in fourth quarter

Pretty sure he had more throws batted down at the line than he did completions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Thankfully I was spared watching todays game due to never ending traffic from DC back home to Charlotte. Just ugh and we are in real trouble for the intermediate future at QB.
Phil Snow has been reading the book How to Implement and Coach a Crappy Defense by Ron Rivera and Eric Washington. He is earning failing grades in coordinating a better defense. Snow should read Get with the Program: Coach Better on Defense.

Flip to offense. Regardless who is the quarterback, the offensive line is not getting work done. Quarterbacks are under increased pressure to convert on every play. Christian McCaffrey bummed out again and sustained another season ending "injury". The Panthers will need to shop for a running back as McCaffrey plays on a limited basis.

Old 12-05-2021, 02:53 PM

OC Joe Brady is gone.
Quote:
The Carolina Panthers fired offensive coordinator Joe Brady on Sunday during the team's bye week. While the Panthers have one of the worst offenses in the league this season, they're also starting Cam Newton who was unemployed last month. While Newton has provided us with some upworthy moments since returning, he's only back because things were so bad.

So it's probably unfair to blame one person for the Panthers disappointing season, but somebody has to go at some point because that's how this all works. Firing Joe Brady today probably saves Matt Rhule tomorrow. Though the fact that Brady was so highly touted so recently makes the move fairly shocking.
Joe Brady Fired to Save Matt Rhule's Job... For Now

Old 12-06-2021, 09:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Many are thinking Rhule is next. I heard one report the reason that the O-Line got neglected in the off-season is because Rhule thought so highly of Elfein and Irving as FA signings for the bargain bin. I would not be surprised if he is gone and if the Panthers don’t pull a miracle out at the end of the year and make the playoffs, I’ll 100% agree.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Many are thinking Rhule is next. I heard one report the reason that the O-Line got neglected in the off-season is because Rhule thought so highly of Elfein and Irving as FA signings for the bargain bin. I would not be surprised if he is gone and if the Panthers don’t pull a miracle out at the end of the year and make the playoffs, I’ll 100% agree.
I agree with this. When a team starts letting assistant coaches go, they're typically working their way up to the HC. I was more impressed with the Joe Brady hire than I was Matt Rhule at the time.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:51 PM

According to Colin Cowerd, Carolina in 0-11 in Newton's kast Panthers starts.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:27 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,144,743 times
Cam is 6-14 39 yards at the half.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Cam is 6-14 39 yards at the half.
Having a better game then he did against Miami, at least. This is who he is now, a shell of his former greatness. Sure Darnold throws u a lot of INTs, but the Panthers could at least move the ball with him on the field. Our three QBs leave Coach with a hard decision to make. None of them are very good.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:44 AM

21,025 posts, read 27,291,481 times
Quote:
Having a better game then he did against Miami, at least. This is who he is now, a shell of his former greatness. Sure Darnold throws u a lot of INTs, but the Panthers could at least move the ball with him on the field. Our three QBs leave Coach with a hard decision to make. None of them are very good.
Rhule has a hard decision to make indeed. Does he want a carousel of quarterbacks, or does he want an offense that scores and helps win games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football