Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2021, 11:53 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,827,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Having a better game then he did against Miami, at least. This is who he is now, a shell of his former greatness. Sure Darnold throws u a lot of INTs, but the Panthers could at least move the ball with him on the field. Our three QBs leave Coach with a hard decision to make. None of them are very good.
Personally, I’d be inclined to let Sam finish out the season since we are stuck with him next year anyway and if we are lucky, time on the bench brings him up to somewhat competent.

The best thing that can happen is we get a top five pick which we can trade down to get some day two picks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 10:39 AM

21,032 posts, read 27,360,506 times
The Panthers dropped to 5-11 for the season with a 10-18 loss to the Saints. Offense showed flashes in the first half. Defense disappeared and offense reverted to bad practices in the second half.

I doubt the Panthers will defeat the Buccaneers at Tampa Bay on Sunday in Week 18. At worst, the Panthers will finish the 2021 season 5-12.

I would expect a quantity of coaches to be dismissed next week. Some coaches Matt Rhule brought over from Baylor may not be suited for the Panthers:
  • Frisman Jackson; Offensive Pass Game Coordinator/Wide Receivers
  • Pat Meyer; Offensive Line
  • Jeff Nixon; Senior Offensive Assistant/Running Backs
  • Phil Snow; Defensive Coordinator
  • Evan Cooper; Cornerbacks/Director of Player Evaluation
  • Frank Okam; Defensive Line
  • Mike Siravo; Senior Defensive Assistant/Linebacks

Old 01-04-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Panthers dropped to 5-11 for the season with a 10-18 loss to the Saints. Offense showed flashes in the first half. Defense disappeared and offense reverted to bad practices in the second half.

I doubt the Panthers will defeat the Buccaneers at Tampa Bay on Sunday in Week 18. At worst, the Panthers will finish the 2021 season 5-12.

I would expect a quantity of coaches to be dismissed next week. Some coaches Matt Rhule brought over from Baylor may not be suited for the Panthers:
One bright spot is that Brady Christensen has earned somewhat respectable grades starting at LT. I think we should keep him out there, blow the entire inside of the line up and start over. I think that can make a difference.

Since I think we will pick from 4th-8th, first thing the GM needs to do is to trade down and get some Day 2 picks since we have traded them away. Also, I would target Kirk Cousins in FA. Hopefully the Vikings are going to blow the thing up and not franchise him and he won’t be as expensive capital wise as Wilson, Watson, or Rodgers.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:43 PM

The Panthers conclude the 2021 season with a 41-17 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The woes of the Panthers' offense have dominated conversations and the microscope this season. An offensive coordinator not ready for the National Football League, an offensive line that needs to be filled with talent, and inconsistencies in the quarterback position contributed to the woes.

The woes of the Panthers' defense are not being ignored. Defensive Coordinator Phil Snow channeled the failures of Eric Washington's "no defense" defense. Defense disappearing, blowing leads, and losing games are unacceptable.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:10 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,562,754 times
Well, they hired an OC as well as the eventual interim coach for when Rhule is fired twelve games in next year. Naturally, it doesn't feel like they know what they're doing.

Quote:
What the Carolina Panthers and head coach Matt Rhule are doing is unclear. Earlier this year, they fired offensive coordinator Joe Brady, and now they are replacing him with someone that they denied a job of lesser standing in each of the last two years.
Panthers Get Roasted For Hiring Offensive Coordinator Who They Denied Lesser Job In Two Years Prior

Old 01-21-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Well, they hired an OC as well as the eventual interim coach for when Rhule is fired twelve games in next year. Naturally, it doesn't feel like they know what they're doing.

Panthers Get Roasted For Hiring Offensive Coordinator Who They Denied Lesser Job In Two Years Prior
It’s telling that Pep Hamilton refused to even interview for the OC job. McAdoo prior to becoming coach did help NYG show a major statical improvement in office in two years as a OC. I don’t have high expectations of my team going forward, maybe they will pleasantly surprise me next year.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Meyer, Okam, and Special Teams Coordinator Chase Blackburn were fired by the Carolina Panthers.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...257212277.html

Old 01-29-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It’s telling that Pep Hamilton refused to even interview for the OC job. McAdoo prior to becoming coach did help NYG show a major statistical improvement in office in two years as a OC. I don’t have high expectations of my team going forward, maybe they will pleasantly surprise me next year.
McAdoo has been an offensive coach or coordinator for thirteen season in the National Football League. He is an upgrade from Joe Brady. I think the Panthers could have searched for a candidate with better quality. McAdoo has been reported to have been interested in the Panthers for several seasons. He has his opportunity to trend upward.

The Panthers' focuses on offense should be on hiring better offense coaches and addressing the offensive live through free agency and the draft.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:42 AM

First free agency post.

Aside from losing out on the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, Carolina is having a pretty strong offseason in free agency. We have signed Austin Corbett and Bradley Bozeman who should give tremendous help on the O-Line that was sorely needed. We signed Matt Iaodonnis to replace DaQuan Jones on the D-Line. We signed some LB help with Cory Littleton and Damien Wilson. We resigned Donte Jackson to a decent contract and Xavier Woods to help with the secondary. Fitterer seems to have learned his lessons from his first year at GM and trying to use the cap better. We are in the running for OT Duane Brown for more O-Line help and potentially allowing Brady Christensen to move inside.

Now the focus should be on trading back in the draft and picking up more picks. I also think Carolina should roll and sign Mariota to a prove it deal and not take a QB in the draft. Since Rhule is on the hot seat, don’t waste a pick with a development prospect at best just to fire Rhule if the team don’t improve.

Old 03-21-2022, 10:18 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,562,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
First free agency post.

Aside from losing out on the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, Carolina is having a pretty strong offseason in free agency......
Thanks for the update. I had not heard off all those signings and did not know what the Panthers were doing. QB is their biggest need and I don't thin they're going to find that in the draft. Mariota is an interesting idea, but I suspect we will be back to Darnold next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football