Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2023, 04:49 PM

15,819 posts, read 6,527,022 times

Advertisements

The Hawks are kind of so-so right now, but somehow they almost always seem to do well on MNF. Especially at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2023, 04:50 PM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The Hawks are kind of so-so right now, but somehow they almost always seem to do well on MNF. Especially at home.
That was an incredible win last night. Congrats!!!

Old 12-19-2023, 08:17 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
I’m a niner fan and of course I hate the Seahawks. But I’ve always respected them as a team to watch out for.
Congrats on beating philly.

Old 12-20-2023, 01:45 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,846,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Time to activate this thread. 8 posts in the last three years? Sheesh!

It has not been the best of circumstances for Drew Lock. there was no much pressure put on him that he would not be a top notch #1 draft pick soon enough for the Broncos, the fans, the media. And when the trade was made for Russell Wilson Drew was considered a throw in on the deal and nothing more than that. He could have and should have gotten a little bit of respect but instead the Denver media went at him like the pit vipers that they are.

John Elway took a chance and picked Drew as the #1 pick and is still catching hell for it. Well, I tell you what, Lock may never be a starting qb for the Seahawks but for one night, for one last touchdown drive which started at the seven yard line with two minutes left and one time out to work with, he played as well as one could. And that last touchdown pass was placed perfectly.

The guy who has been most critical was CBS Network's Jim Rome. it will be interesting what the ESPN's, the NFL Channel's, and all the other know-it-alls will be eating for lunch well they can eat ****. Actually it will be crow.

Congrats to Drew!
He was actually pick #42, meaning a second rounder (had to look this up!). But the Bronco fans did seem excited about him for a while.

You might be thinking Andrew Luck at Indianapolis, who was picked #1 overall in 2012.

He did look good. I wonder if he's the heir apparent, though I wouldn't be surprised if we let him compete with a high pick after Geno winds down.

Old 12-20-2023, 05:05 PM

I am interested to see if Seattle can keep the momentum traveling cross country to face the Titans on a short week. i'd start Drew Lock again if possible. Looks like he is figuring it out!

Old 12-25-2023, 07:42 AM

15,819 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I am interested to see if Seattle can keep the momentum traveling cross country to face the Titans on a short week. i'd start Drew Lock again if possible. Looks like he is figuring it out!
It looks like they can, a 20-17 victory. The Hawks defense looked pretty bad in the first half and I almost expected them to get blown out. Somehow they came through with some timely plays.

Old 12-25-2023, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It looks like they can, a 20-17 victory. The Hawks defense looked pretty bad in the first half and I almost expected them to get blown out. Somehow they came through with some timely plays.
IMO Pete Carroll is one of the best big game coaches in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football