Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 08:51 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Well I was wrong. Harbaugh going to the Chargers.

Falcons hire Raheem Morris as head coach.
Sounds like a solid DEI hire.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/...raheem-morris/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 12:39 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Kirk Cousins signs with Falcons.

Baker Mayfield was king for a day!

Old 03-11-2024, 04:34 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Kirk Cousins signs with Falcons.

Baker Mayfield was king for a day!
Kirk Cousins has the best agent ever. He's convinced his last two teams to give him nearly $250 million in guaranteed money even though he has exactly 1 more playoff win in his career than I do in mine. 13 years in the NFL and he's 1-3 in the postseason.

Old 03-11-2024, 10:02 PM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Kirk Cousins has the best agent ever. He's convinced his last two teams to give him nearly $250 million in guaranteed money even though he has exactly 1 more playoff win in his career than I do in mine. 13 years in the NFL and he's 1-3 in the postseason.

He also has a 69% completion rate, 1016 passing yards, a 5-1 TD to INT ratio and about a 100 QB rating in those 4 playoff games. This doesn't count the game he subbed for RG3.

In other words.. Kirk Cousins made a hell of a lot more positive difference than others on the team.

The problem is.. Will he be ready for the start of the season? He tore his Achilles in week 8 or so.. In general, that's 12 months to recover.

If Robinson can provide a solid running game.. Falcons just instantly became contenders. While the Vikings just fell into the Falcons old home of bringing up the rear. He's not going to win the game by himself. There's very few QBs that do that.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:08 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He also has a 69% completion rate, 1016 passing yards, a 5-1 TD to INT ratio and about a 100 QB rating in those 4 playoff games. This doesn't count the game he subbed for RG3.

In other words.. Kirk Cousins made a hell of a lot more positive difference than others on the team.

The problem is.. Will he be ready for the start of the season? He tore his Achilles in week 8 or so.. In general, that's 12 months to recover.

If Robinson can provide a solid running game.. Falcons just instantly became contenders. While the Vikings just fell into the Falcons old home of bringing up the rear. He's not going to win the game by himself. There's very few QBs that do that.
Best of luck Falcons. Cousins is a losing stat machine. When it's on the line, he's a world class choker.

When it comes to big pay days, he's in the hall of fame. I foresee seasons of mediocrity.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
kirk cousins has the best agent ever. He's convinced his last two teams to give him nearly $250 million in guaranteed money even though he has exactly 1 more playoff win in his career than i do in mine. 13 years in the nfl and he's 1-3 in the postseason.
1-4.

Old 03-14-2024, 10:17 AM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Couple comments:

1) He's a very good QB, bold deal for his age though.

2) That division has been generally bad for his entire career. The teams that win the division and enter the playoffs have typically been either the Vikes or Pack and not surprisingly they often got bounced pretty quickly by teams that had to really earn their spot in the playoffs.

(Since the 2011 Super Bowl year, Aaron Rodgers is only 7-9 in the playoffs and he's a 1st ballot HOFer...I wouldn't put all the blame on Cousins for 1-3.)

Old 03-14-2024, 11:30 AM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times
There's a graphic for this floating around out there, but here's the gist of it.. These are playoff stats. The comments are not mine, from whoever posted it. McAfee brought this to peoples attention first as I recall.

Cousins (labeled playoff choker)
1.75 Pass TDs per game
.5 turnovers per game
96.5 passer rating
254 pass yds per game
20 PPG
28 PPG allowed (your fault Kirk)
0 defensive turnovers forced

Burrow (labeled Joe Brrrr)
1.4 Pass TDs per game
.6 turnovers per game
93.8 passer rating
260 pass yds per game
22 PPG
18 PPG allowed (Good job, Joe)
13 defensive turnovers forced

These stats aren't supposed to show "oh, Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Joe Burrow".. What it shows is WHY Cousins has a bad record as a starter in the playoffs.

There are two keys there. The PPG Allowed and the Defensive Turnovers Forced. Kirk Cousins is a QB. QBs don't play defense.

Now.. I will give you this.. Cousins does have a touch of the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers "WTF" going on. Meaning, in a big play.. Sometimes he'll just do something that leaves you with your jaw unhinged. Like.. Throwing a 3 yard pass on 4th and 8. Which.. MAY not entirely be his fault, either.. I mean.. Do you throw the three yard pass that will certainly be a completion but may not make the yards you need, or throw a lower percentage pass that might not work, but if it does, you certainly have the yards you need? Is that a QB issue or a play calling/route running issue? Favre or Rodgers would go for the lower percentage play there, and.. Often would wind up with a pick or something that just leaves you shaking your head.

I still remember in '15, I think it was with Washington, he kneeled at the end of the 2nd quarter instead of spiking the ball. So, he does have a bit of that dumbassery from time to time. Unfortunately, usually in the playoffs. Just like Favre and Rodgers.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:52 AM

27,187 posts, read 43,876,617 times
The Falcons are starting to scare some folks with their potential offense. Today they're do the deep dive under the hood checkup on U of Washington QB Michael Penix who has 2nd round pick written all over him. UW star wide receiver Rome Odunze is rumored to be pick #1. The Cousins or Penix-Odunze-London-Robinson offense could well keep defensive coordinators up late at night.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The Falcons are starting to scare some folks with their potential offense. Today they're do the deep dive under the hood checkup on U of Washington QB Michael Penix who has 2nd round pick written all over him. UW star wide receiver Rome Odunze is rumored to be pick #1. The Cousins or Penix-Odunze-London-Robinson offense could well keep defensive coordinators up late at night.
Cousins will be mad. You know how he hates anything threatening his big paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football