Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times

Advertisements

They could do whatever they wanted. They could run left, right whatever they had to do. Oh, I love listening to Dave Logan if I'm driving during the game. If I'm home, I like to listen to the announcers and their typically East Coast bias. I thought the 3 mikes were absolutely pathetic and boring. I like the Mike and Mike morning show good enough. Mike Ditka is excellent. But that broadcast last night was off. Maybe because they were in Raider Nation, I don't know. Logan and Diaz-Infante would be way better, and unbiased enough. The only problem with Logan is when the other team scores a touchdown, he's like and the Chiefs are going to run this kickoff back for a 98 yard touchdown. His pulse doesn't rise 1 bpm. I'd be like "TACKLE EM' YOU PLICKIN' MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

The Broncos are typically small but they are fast and in shape. It's nice to be in shape for game 1 of the regular season. I'm gonna listen to those Fire Rat Shanahan dorks back-peddle for at least a week now.

What's with Raider Nation? Are they a bunch of lost Star Trek fans? Do they have their drunk beligerent hairy girlfriends ride them back home to their momma's basement? What pathetic losers. This isn't Halloween. I kid. I respect the once proud and perhaps one day in the distant future Raider Nation! But did you see the Bronco D fire up the crowd? They were telling the Broncos who was number 1. Oh, man. It was sooooo funny. I saw a bunch of nacho cheese hoarfin' dudes just sittin' and standin' there taking a pounding along with their coaches, team, and Al Davis... I shouldn't gloat so much, but it's fun for me.

I wonder if I can post pics of the guys giving their opinions about who's not number 1 to the Bronco defenders, or the drunk guy hoarfin' down the nacho cheese, or the Raider girl who has like 8 or 12 empty beer cups stacked up and is picking more off the ground? What's she gonna do with them? Take them home to her kitchen and clean them? Did she drink them all? Many questions this morning about Raider Nation.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-09-2008 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,214 times
Wow, is it me or did that Bronco team look fast from the opening play?

Wheres that bandwagon, I think I might need a ride? Started getting fed up when it seemed that Shanahan seemed to be using a ten year old play book for the past 3 yeas. Last night, All plays looked fresh...Very new. Wait, I see the wagon coming, I gotta go...

Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
They could do whatever they wanted. They could run left, right whatever they had to do. Oh, I love listening to Dave Logan if I'm driving during the game. If I'm home, I like to listen to the announcers and their typically East Coast bias. I thought the 3 mikes were absolutely pathetic and boring. I like the Mike and Mike morning show good enough. Mike Ditka is excellent. But that broadcast last night was off. Maybe because they were in Raider Nation, I don't know. Logan and Diaz-Infante would be way better, and unbiased enough. The only problem with Logan is when the other team scores a touchdown, he's like and the Chiefs are going to run this kickoff back for a 98 yard touchdown. His pulse doesn't rise 1 bpm. I'd be like "TACKLE EM' YOU PLICKIN' MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

The Broncos are typically small but they are fast and in shape. It's nice to be in shape for game 1 of the regular season. I'm gonna listen to those Fire Rat Shanahan dorks back-peddle for at least a week now.

What's with Raider Nation? Are they a bunch of lost Star Trek fans? Do they have their drunk beligerent hairy girlfriends ride them back home to their momma's basement? What pathetic losers. This isn't Halloween. I kid. I respect the once proud and perhaps one day in the distant future Raider Nation! But did you see the Bronco D fire up the crowd? They were telling the Broncos who was number 1. Oh, man. It was sooooo funny. I saw a bunch of nacho cheese horfin' dudes just sittin' and standin' there taking a pounding along with their coaches, team, and Al Davis... I shouldn't gloat so much, but it's fun for me.

I wonder if I can post pics of the guys giving their opinions about who's not number 1 to the Bronco defenders, or the drunk guy hoarfin' down the nacho cheese, or the Raider girl who has like 8 or 12 empty beer cups stacked up and is picking more off the ground? What's she gonna do with them? Take them home to her kitchen and clean them? Did she drink them all? Many questions this morning about Raider Nation.
the Mikes were the most terrible broadcast I have ever heard. Please oh football god in the sky (wiat John Elway is still alive), Spare us that torture ever again.

clickity clickity clickity thats the sound of my "Fire Mike Shanahan" bike back peddling.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times
I had to check the channel to make sure I wasn't watchin a game from 98 Man what a spankin served up last night. It was a ROYAL A__ whoopin. WHEW

Old 09-09-2008, 11:06 AM

It was. It was sad. But it was only 1 win. And for the Raiders, it was only 1 loss.

It's time for the Broncos to forget that one and not let overconfidence leak in.

It's time to start thinking about the San Diego Chargers and what they did to the Broncos last year at Mile High Stadium. It's time to start thinking about what Phillips attitude was in that last game in San Diego.

San Diego did very well against the Patriots and the end of last year. They just lost a heck of a game this last Sunday to a probably pretty good NFC team- the Panthers. But San Diego just doesn't know what AFC domination decade after decade entails. I don't think they're ready for it yet. I say bring it on, Bolts. Kendra ain't gonna be laughin' her little laugh.

PS: I also got a pick of about 3 or 4 Bronco Orange Jersey Wearin' Bronco fans going toe to toe with Black and Silver face-painters and Bronco fan was just a laughin' their knutz off right in Raider Fan's face.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM

So are those the ones you drank or are you savin' em?

I'm not an artist or anything. But I wanted to capture the stats of this one;

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-09-2008 at 03:42 PM..

Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM

943 posts, read 4,257,967 times
Big bronco fan checking in. I think offensively we will be explosive, especially if Scheffler gets as much playing time as yesterday (couldn't we have found a much cheaper blocking tight end than Graham?). I am concerned about Brandon Marshall. I am not sure if he can survive a season without doing anything dumb and we know next time they are really going for his head with him winning the recent appeal. I am still not sold on the D line, except Dumerveil. If they can be average we can be a great team. I have us at least in Divisional Round of the playoffs. I am a bit gun shy to talk superbowl considering Cutler has not played in a big game since high school, but then again he has played unlike Cassell.Lol

Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 AM

18,210 posts, read 25,843,605 times
I am STILL doing my happy dance after Monday nights shellacking. Kizla's column in Tuesday's Denver Post was pretty funny. I liked the part about the one Raider fan letting it rip in the parking lot before going in to the game. Then when he sits down he automatially goes to sleep for a few hours. GREAT! OGPlife! Whazzup? You are right about Brandon. A ton of talent with an I.Q. the equivalent of plant life. Maybe the little talk Rod Smith had with him helped him. Maybe. DanWolf-you're right about KOA. At night you can hear them in several states, 50,000 watts. They still have quite a bit of other stations in the rocky mountain states broadcasting the game as well.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-10-2008 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-12-2008, 04:30 PM

OK Donkeyball fans, big game coming up 2p.m. Sunday. Chargers are kind of keeping a low profile. Losing Merriman will hurt the defense a little but they WILL be showing up. Score won't be like the last one I'm afraid. Another plus out of the Raider implosion was the injury report. Not much there. OK, what have we got?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 PM

Vegas opened up this game with the Chargers a two and a half point pick and now it's down to one. The key is getting to Rivers. Tomlinson was listed as questionable Tuesday, I believe he starts. I still can't get over how impressive Eddy Royal looked. Whew! But even with Brandon Marshall in for this game, the Chargers will be up for the challenge. Could it come down to a game winning field goal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football