Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 05:24 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm beginning to like those old uniforms, and you?
I thought it was the Steelers when I first turned it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Nice win Bronco nation! I was rooting for ya'll yesterday. Great win, you guys looked great! You not only beat them, but you also beat the zebras in this game!! Cheers...

Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Great game.........I drank heavily!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:42 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
I'm late (sorry, I had some family issues to attend to) but HOW ABOUT THOSE BRONCOS!!!! Even in those hideous mutant University of Wyoming jerseys (I know, season one in the AFL!), they take down Belicheat, Brady Bunch and overcome about 9 non-calls against New England (did I count correctly?).

DENVER BRONCOS 5-0 on the season....
It may not be known that the Broncos bought those uniforms from the Colorado School of Mines, which gave up football after the 1959 season. To put it nicely, those uniforms are..........different!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Wow. Just so happy for Denver. I like this team a lot. As a Bears fan, I have always liked Kyle Orton, even with his inflated numbers yesterday, I still would not call him elite, but he is a efficient QB. Denver fans seem really good also, I would love to see a game out there. Orton had more completions than Brady had attempts and Randy Moss had a pick, wow~

Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
We'll take an efficient QB any day!! ha! ha! Orton looks good, no picks yet, other than a meaningless one to end the half of last Sunday's game. I went and braved the cold for 3 quarters until the sun finally came out a little.
Hope to attend the Steeler game next. We've got another big game coming up in San Diego, it'll be a toughie, but we look good, so we can win it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Wow. Just so happy for Denver. I like this team a lot. As a Bears fan, I have always liked Kyle Orton, even with his inflated numbers yesterday, I still would not call him elite, but he is a efficient QB. Denver fans seem really good also, I would love to see a game out there. Orton had more completions than Brady had attempts and Randy Moss had a pick, wow~

Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 PM

18,215 posts, read 25,850,946 times
This just in from ESPN and NFL.com. Pat Bowlen has been mentioning Brandon Marshall prominently lately in the papers regarding his play. Bowlen has remarked that he has been very encouraged by his play the last several weeks.

Comment: I think a lot of us have been critical of him lately with the off the field stuff, certainly I have. Apparently Mr. Bowlen has been receptive to a contract redo down the road, whether it's late this season or end of the season it hasn't been picked. Maybe former Bronco great Rod Smith's meetings with Brandon did some good after all, we'll see. It also has been reported that Brandon is started to get involved in Bronco community youth functions, not really sure of what right now.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-16-2009 at 09:12 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
This just in from ESPN and NFL.com. Pat Bowlen has been mentioning Brandon Marshall prominently lately in the papers regarding his play. Boowlen has remarked that he has been very encouraged by his play the last several weeks.

Comment: I think a lot of us have been critical of him lately with the off the field stuff, certainly I have. Apparently Mr. Bowlen has been receptive to a contract redo down the road, whether it's late this season or end of the season it hasn't been picked. Maybe former Bronco great Rod Smith's meetings with Brandon did some good after all, we'll see. It also has been reported that Brandon is started to get involved in Bronco community youth functions, not really sure of what right now.
That's all good news.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 PM

18,215 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Still pondering Sunday's game!

Well, if anyone seems to get nominated for eating crow, it's yours truly. I think everyone who posts here didn't expect in their wildest dreams that we would be undefeated so far. I DID think 3-0 was doable considering who we were playing. Dallas appears to be more beatable than first thought, and it was a GREAT game plan that was called here this past Sunday.

I contemplated 6-10 at the start, based on one thing; totally different personnel (well, a LOT of new faces anyway), and thought it was going to take some time to get this all meshed together. Down the road after the bye week, we still play the Ravens, Steelers, and the undefeated Colts. We also face 3 more teams from the NFC East, though it appears that the Washington Redskins have got problems to say the least and I'm fairly certain that the Redskins will be making a lot of changes in the off season, perhaps sooner.

The defense played solid ball again Sunday, and here is a stat that is a BIG one. I'm probably off on the numbers a bit, but I believe we have outscored the opposition 6 fold in the second half, will research those exact numbers. Kyle Orton finally threw an interception, but I think we can all agree that this one is no big deal at all, Orton just trying a "hail mary" at the end of the half. With Marshall stepping up, now Eddie Royal is seeing more balls coming his way.

OPINION: I haven't heard anything recently on Correl Buckhalter's ankle situation, with the Charger game coming up, fortunately he has some extra time to get that thing to heal. If it's still tender, sit him. The bye week comes the next weekend and it might be better off that way anyway.

I like my bird well done!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Still pondering Sunday's game!

Well, if anyone seems to get nominated for eating crow, it's yours truly. I think everyone who posts here didn't expect in their wildest dreams that we would be undefeated so far. I DID think 3-0 was doable considering who we were playing. Dallas appears to be more beatable than first thought, and it was a GREAT game plan that was called here this past Sunday.

I contemplated 6-10 at the start, based on one thing; totally different personnel (well, a LOT of new faces anyway), and thought it was going to take some time to get this all meshed together. Down the road after the bye week, we still play the Ravens, Steelers, and the undefeated Colts. We also face 3 more teams from the NFC East, though it appears that the Washington Redskins have got problems to say the least and I'm fairly certain that the Redskins will be making a lot of changes in the off season, perhaps sooner.

The defense played solid ball again Sunday, and here is a stat that is a BIG one. I'm probably off on the numbers a bit, but I believe we have outscored the opposition 6 fold in the second half, will research those exact numbers. Kyle Orton finally threw an interception, but I think we can all agree that this one is no big deal at all, Orton just trying a "hail mary" at the end of the half. With Marshall stepping up, now Eddie Royal is seeing more balls coming his way.

OPINION: I haven't heard anything recently on Correl Buckhalter's ankle situation, with the Charger game coming up, fortunately he has some extra time to get that thing to heal. If it's still tender, sit him. The bye week comes the next weekend and it might be better off that way anyway.

I like my bird well done!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football