Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 09:03 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Yup
Attached Thumbnails
Denver BRONCOS -- Official Thread-spank.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 09:36 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
There are a couple of things I see that need some work. First, no more sacks 15 yards deep. Those are game changers. Next, that ritual run run throw needs to be mixed up more.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:44 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Put it on Kubiac and Rick Dennison for the dismal 2nd half... but it worked so, there ya go.
Agree, I was not happy with the 2nd half play calling.

It did work, but barely.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There are a couple of things I see that need some work. First, no more sacks 15 yards deep. Those are game changers. Next, that ritual run run throw needs to be mixed up more.
Couldn't agree more on both points. When our first play is a run up the middle on EVERY offensive series (and more often than not, with Ronnie Hilman as the ball carrier, the LAST guy you should be running up the middle with) it gets a bit predictable. Our runs are a lot more effective after a couple pass plays, I've noticed. It backs the defense off a bit and Anderson can rip a 6-7 yard gain up the middle that way.

As for those big sacks, goodness those need to stop. The Panthers have a good pass rush too, so it's conceivable the Broncos will see the same kind of pressure in the Super Bowl. It is important to not give up those massive sacks. Those were drive killers.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I disagree with all of this, but then again, you're just a Bronco-newbie. You don't seem to understand the team that well, are to prone to engulf your feelings in media hype.
He admitted to tuning out of the Divisional Round game with the Steelers, but didn't hesitate to weigh in with his "analysis" just the same, so do with that what you will.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:04 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Argh I'm convinced that the Broncos' biggest weakness is coaching on the offensive side of the ball. I like Kubiak as a person and he's extremely knowledgeable, but his offense is just stale and too conservative. The second half was just as we had feared: the Broncos made minimal adjustments on the offense and played super conservatively. The same thing has happened every single damn week and they haven't learned. This will absolutely not cut it in the Super Bowl.

I will say this though, the Broncos were just two or three plays away from a dominant performance in the first half. The backward pass was a huge mistake, and I seem to remember a personal foul bringing back a huge play or two as well. Manning looked comfortable and fairly healthy compared to the rest of this season. He missed those 2 deep throws by inches; one of them was off the fingertips of the receiver. I think the "game manager" tag is pretty uncalled for. Those 2 deep throws, had they been just a few inches shorter would likely have given Manning a 4TD, 250 yd day. That doesn't sound like a game manager to me, even if he only completed a few passes in the second half.

The game ball should go to Wade Phillips. His unit is outstanding and he has the tactical gumption to match. He outsmarted the smartest coach in football who has one of the best QBs in football (my opinion). Miller had a monster game and Ware is a terror for opposing QBs.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:46 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
1) The dog got put on my ignore list as soon as I started posting here with regularity. Uncalled for slash and attacks say more about the attacker than anything.

2) Since you quoted the dog, I will respond to yet another slash/attack scheme. We moved here in 1969. Have plenty of years of Bronco watching, not mindless fanatical worshiping, under the belt.

3) I kept any eye on the game via nfl.com. Watching the stats unfold tells more about the game, in some ways, than listening to the announcers blather.

4) I never have, and probably never will, base my life around a team that is not giving 100%. Yesterday I felt that they were giving 100%. Didn't miss a play.

5) You are coming off as yet another prototypical jock worshiper. "Admitted to tuning out the game"...that appears to be a sin in the world of the fanatical worshiper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
He admitted to tuning out of the Divisional Round game with the Steelers, but didn't hesitate to weigh in with his "analysis" just the same, so do with that what you will.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:27 PM

18,019 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
5) You are coming off as yet another prototypical jock worshiper. "Admitted to tuning out the game"...that appears to be a sin in the world of the fanatical worshiper.
Hey Iknowfootball, I speak to you in this post, not the one I quoted. I'll lay off of him but will point a couple of things out here;

1) You and I represent in this here Denver Broncos subforum from the start, some 9 or so years ago.

2) Much of my responses to the offended... ^... are the result of some jock worshipping going on in the enemy territory, namely the Patriots' subforum. That just don't sit too well with me. When a team beats mine, I serve myself that crow, then go over there to congratulate them. I refuse to suffer fools. But hey, that's just me.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:39 PM

I hear you, MC. I think it's one thing to be able to look at your team and give it a critical assessment. The Broncos are a team with numerous flaws and far from perfect. At the same time despite many flaws or points of failure in execution this team finished 12-4 and is on its way to its 8th Super Bowl. There is a difference between being able to look critically at a team and be honest as a fan about your own team's weaknesses. But the constant negatives and uninformed opinions get old. The same thing happened on a Broncos forum I frequent with another fan. People get tired of hearing negatives only, especially in the middle of what has proven to be a highly successful season. Some people aren't happy until they are miserable. Some people don't know how to enjoy the ride, win or lose.

A few years ago when the Rockies reached the World Series I sat sulking as they imploded against the Red Sox. Then it hit me during game 3. "I am watching the Colorado Rockies in the World Series!" That's something to enjoy even if it's not going your way once you get there.

I plan on enjoying this next couple weeks and hope the game goes our way this time around. Either way I plan on enjoying this. Super Bowl seasons don't happen very often. This is Super Bowl 50 and the Broncos are one of 4 teams that have logged 8 trips to the game. That's special. That's something to enjoy.

Go Broncos!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
And for the love of god, can Denver stop running on 1st down so much?! I get that you're trying to build the respect for play action, but good lord. If I had a nickel for every time CJ had nowhere to go, and it's basically a wasted down at 2 & 9.

The Broncos offensive line must be one of the worst in the league, it's painful to watch the run game sometimes. And why do they run Hillman between the tackles?! As soon as somebody touches him, he's down. Carolina is a very strong, fast, and physical group. I hope Hillman doesn't get many touches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football