Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2019, 03:15 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times

Advertisements

That was worse than a typical Bronco Super Bowl.

Does anyone have the guts to discuss the Broncos home game attendance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 07:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Flacco seems to be just going through the motions. I know the line was awful last night. KC went all in on this one and the Broncos just rolled over for them. But what bothered me watching Flacco was his lack of emotion, drive, and will to win. No matter what happened he just seemed so casual, as if not really concerned about the outcome because he's getting a nice $20 million check for the season.

Now I'm a big believer that a team is never truly as bad as its worst game, but at this point this team appears to be headed toward a 4-12 type season. It's time to promote Rypien off the practice squad and start him against the Colts. The idea here is to get an idea of his viability as a long term #2. The following week when Lock returns from the IR, assuming he's physically ready, turn the offense over to him. If you're going to go 4-12 do it while developing your future. That way you are making the season a tough one but one that may pay some dividends in the future. Ride Flacco to 4-12 and you're just wasting the season.
I think Flacco is the Eli Manning situation without the fan investment of his team. Flacco has made his money and has a SB ring, he probably doesn’t care enough to get himself killed for a team that can’t protect him. In that case, I’d get Lock ready since I don’t see them going anywhere this year.

Can we also talk about Elway, who wasn’t qualified for the job in the first place is still GM after basically running the team into the ground after the SB?

Old 10-21-2019, 09:57 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
I'm a Raven's fan and we all had the same issue with Flacco in Baltimore. After the SB and Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retired, the team lacked an emotional leader. We all thought Flacco would step up and take over the team in that regard. But he never did and the fans ALWAYS complained about it. Even in the 2 minute drill, Flacco would show no sense of urgency.
I see he hasn't changed since going to Denver and Bronco fans see the same "ho hum" emotionless Joe that we became frustrated with.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:40 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times
I've been defending Flacco all through this season, especially the whacking he took Sunday, with him getting sacked nine times. That number surprised me, because I honestly thought it was more than that. Much more.

On the other hand, in regards to his demeanor on the field, I agree with the others. IMO if he got into a staring contest with Mount Rushmore, he would win.

Old 10-22-2019, 12:56 PM

8,606 posts, read 14,903,043 times
Fire sale has begun. Broncos send Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th round pick to San Francisco for a 3rd and a 4th round pick.

Old 10-22-2019, 03:20 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Fire sale has begun. Broncos send Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th round pick to San Francisco for a 3rd and a 4th round pick.
As much as I liked Sanders his deal was up after this year and that’s pretty good value. I don’t want to see a complete firesale especially of defensive players because that side of the ball is functional and could be great if they weren’t on the field the whole time. I’m okay with moving offense especially so Sanders can compete for another title now.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:17 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Flacco is a decent QB if he has pieces around him. He needs protection. He can't carry a team and he is not a QB that can make guys better and he is not a take charge guy. I always thought he had the skills...size, big arm, etc. But he just seems to lack the desire to be great.
It's almost as if he could have been an elite QB at one time, but he wasted his talent by his lack of desire and willingness to take it to the next level. Just seems that way to me. I watched every game he played in Baltimore and he had some really good ones.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:29 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,287,155 times
Playoff Flacco exist for a reason. He was feared by many in the playoffs. Those days are behind him, but in his best years, he was feared post season.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:31 AM

1,074 posts, read 641,780 times
Does trading ESand for picks NEXT year mean we have totally given up??
I feel really angry about this attitude. There are enough games left that if we turn it around we would be ok. Why just give up? These are PROFESSIONALS. Any other professional job I can think of would not just stop trying over some poor performances.
Ugh!!

Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Does trading ESand for picks NEXT year mean we have totally given up??
I feel really angry about this attitude. There are enough games left that if we turn it around we would be ok. Why just give up? These are PROFESSIONALS. Any other professional job I can think of would not just stop trying over some poor performances.
Ugh!!
As much as I loved Sanders, he is an aging wide receiver that still had some trade value to the right team. We are not contenders this year, unfortunately, and the last couple drafts classes have been very strong. I think it was smart of Elway to move him to get some resources for the draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football