Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
And its the NFC North. Pack should be able to lead such a division.
I'm not sure if you're actually saying the NFC north is weak or not, but it is a very respectable division and is usually one of the tougher divisions. Yes, this year the division was weak, but look at previous years. Last year the North was arguably the toughest division in the entire NFL with two 10-6 teams and an 11-5 team. The year before that, they were even with the NFC south for being the toughest division in the NFC (if you go by records alone).

Last season was kind of a fluke with all the injuries to key players. I expect each team will be better next season.
Bears are loaded with talent & will only get better with their coach starting his second season with them.
Lions - Also loaded with talent. Will be hard to tell what will happen with the new coach.
Vikings - They'll be better next season. It's not an individual game, but AP is insane & a decent QB could put them right up with anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, I'm the eternal optimist and looking for the NFC North to be competitive again this season. I don't want to be the laughing stock of the NFL again with an 8-8 or 9-7 team winning the division. I remember putting my 2 cents in when the West was bad several years ago, paybacks are bad!
A healthy AR should pretty much seal the division for you. Testman has talent, but not enough. And Detroit is a rebuilding job. The new coach has to convert the whole team to a new culture on the field. I'm all for Green Bay. I really honestly like the Discount Daaaable Check m ore than anyone else in the division, even more than Megatron or A.D. Peterson.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM

I'm hoping the the weather service can find out if Hell is freezing over. That might be a hopeful sign for the Vikings. Otherswise, I see the North as a tossup between Chicago and Green Bay. Of the two, I always root for Green Bay. I want seat in the "grilling aisle"

Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I think the North will be far different than last year (or hope so anyways)! The thing about the Bears/Lions, both QBs have the arm and talent but the decision making process, mechanics, leave something to be desired. As a Packer fan that should make me happy but I'd rather see a competitive division, close races (no more 8-8)!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Agree, it would be awesome to have GB and CHI at 11-5 or something like that. Feast on Detroit and Minnesota as the laws of Nature demand!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:34 PM

The Packers have the fifth most salary cap room this year at $33.1 million, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today.

So what are they going to do??? No tags, no surprise but will they get Shields back? What about Raji??? He really slipped and I'm not sure if it is him or the position they were asking him to play.

James Jones thinks he is gone, Boykin stepped up when Jones was out, looks like he will be o.k. What about a tight end?
Quarless is o.k., not spectacular and will they take J-Mike back if he is cleared???

Many questions and no immediate answers as TT holds his cards very close, no hints from that dude!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I would suggest that they give each one of us stockholders a pro-rated dividend check of that cap money and call it a day.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM

Sounds like the stores in USSR times. Have money but not enough to buy.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:20 PM

I find it interesting all these teams pushing money around, restructuring contracts and the Packers are in great cap shape in spite of signing AR and Clay to big contracts.

Lucky Greg Jennings agent said don't come back unless the offer is over 11 million, he didn't take it, helped them out actually and he took less from the Vikings. Raji turned down 8 mil and Packers withdrew the offer, which also helped.

You can say what you want about Ted T. but I still would rather be in the position of not having to worry about cap money.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 PM

Doesn't the Pack have some huge needs on defense and in the running game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football