Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Well, sloppy game, can't play that way against the Bears next weekend but they did win!
I loved it. They had to overcome road adversity, their own overconfidence, and now will have to face a horror show in film study tomorrow. They'll be ornery for next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,654 times
The Pack was torched for 400 yards today. I would hate to be in that room looking at game film.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
The Pack was torched for 400 yards today. I would hate to be in that room looking at game film.

Yes, but they were torched by the greatest qb in the history of the NFL, Cam Newton. The coaching staff know well that no defense can stop this guy,(or has ever stopped this guy) so they will cut the fellas some slack.

A win is a win. We'll take it, learn a few things and hopefully get better.
2-0

Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
I am concerned about our secondary and now with Nick Collins possibly hurt, it is even weaker. We cannot keep allowing this many yards. What happened to our stingy defense. The good thing was that our turnover creating machine appears to be back on.

I was really concerned during the first quarter. It was like we were asleep at the wheel. We were literally allowing Newton to do whatever he wanted. He went down the field like he was playing against 6 guys isntead of 11.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
A win is a win.
I hate that saying. While it is partially true as far as standings are concerned, the way the team played despite the result has to be taken into consideration. If my team plays horrible and win, I am going to be pissed as if they lost because it will generally lead to future losses if that level of play continues.

Yesterdays win was not pretty and showed a lot of ammo for our future opponents if we do not start fixing the holes on defense.

James Starks is playing really well. It is nice to have a two-headed running attack.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM

780 posts, read 1,542,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I am concerned about our secondary and now with Nick Collins possibly hurt, it is even weaker. We cannot keep allowing this many yards. What happened to our stingy defense. The good thing was that our turnover creating machine appears to be back on.

I was really concerned during the first quarter. It was like we were asleep at the wheel. We were literally allowing Newton to do whatever he wanted. He went down the field like he was playing against 6 guys isntead of 11.

This is my point...I had expected the Packers defense to stuff Newton and the Panthers. The first quarter drive shocked me. However, when Rodgers and the team turned in on, their passing game was great.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Hopefully down the road, they will be clicking on all cylinders! I hope Nick Collins is o.k. and Tramon comes back soon, too!

Bears are next, I'll be on the east coast , Washington DC, no chance to watch the game!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM

237 posts, read 379,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hopefully down the road, they will be clicking on all cylinders! I hope Nick Collins is o.k. and Tramon comes back soon, too!

Bears are next, I'll be on the east coast , Washington DC, no chance to watch the game!
You can't hit up a sports bar?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,776 times
I hear what you are saying rj and mag. Guess I'm looking at it from the glass half full angle. It's only week 2, they haven't played that well from start to finish (at times the offense looks unstopable), and they are out of the gate at 2-0. What this team showed me last season with the cards they were dealt, gives me a certain amount of confidence they will fix any holes in the hull they have right now. Stacking wins at this point against teams they should beat (Carolina), no matter how ugly it may look is very important, as you guys know. Going into week 16 at 11-4 instead of 10-5 might just be what gets them in.

But yes, they do have some work to do, and Starky does look like he has showed up to play. That's a good thing for sure.

Hey susan, they have tvs in DC don't they?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:03 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Nick Collins out for the year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football