Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,942,149 times

Advertisements

Relax Saint fans....apparently the Colts have decided to go with their blue jerseys in the SB. So that automatically equals a Saints win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,553,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Relax Saint fans....apparently the Colts have decided to go with their blue jerseys in the SB. So that automatically equals a Saints win.

How is that?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 AM

The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=video&content=16cebd68-cf2d-424d-8914-793bf12625d9 - broken link)

fyi......

Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,308,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
How is that?
The Colts are 2-0 is Super Bowls when wearing white

They are 0-1 when wearing blue

Might as well not even bother making the trip to Miami.....

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Colts are 2-0 is Super Bowls when wearing white

They are 0-1 when wearing blue

Might as well not even bother making the trip to Miami.....

Exactly.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM

Leave it to New Orleans fans to come up with some hex-type stuff!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:24 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,037,050 times
When i was a kid my dad gave me 2 banners. One is the steelers (my fav team) & the other is the saints. I put the banner up on my wall after going through my boxes & finding it after being stored for many years. This year im rooting for the new orleans saints. I HATE the colts! GO SAINTS!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Leave it to New Orleans fans to come up with some hex-type stuff!
What New Orleans fans? They were yaking about the blue/white thing on ESPN Radio this morning.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,777,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I would cheer for your team, but it seems that your team his hell bent on destroying QBs. Favre was one thing, but you guys roughed up and tried to destroy Kurt Warner man...how crappy is that. Cant beat them with great defense, the Saints annihilate the passer. Guess it worked, your team probably put the final touch on two outstanding QBs decisions to retire.

Your not going to face a senior citizen on the 7th of Feb, your facing the Jedi master of Quarterbacking. I think PM is going to cut you guys up into little bite sizes and flush you down the toilet. Should be fun.
I can understand that if this was Pop Warner touch football. I know Brady tried to get the rule passed where a defender gets ejected for sneezing near the vicinity of a QB. I would also sympathize with the drilled QBs if the league wasn't already so generous to the QB and receivers (high scoring games generate excitement for the game = revenue).

However, Minnesota gambled by their soft protection of the QB, and Favre gambled many times by holding the ball for what seems like eternity. I'm a Favre fan, but come on, I don't expect defenders to stand idly by just so he can take 10 seconds to pick apart the secondary. On the flip side, Breez never held on to the ball for more than a few seconds, and his O-line did enough to at least slow down the Vikings vaunted pass rush. It's entirely inexcusable that Brett's line did not even challenge a few of those Saint's blitzing secondaries that resulted in big hits.

What I've learned from this football season is simple. You let the opposing good QBs sit in the pocket nice and comfy and you will give up lots of points. You get great pass protection, and you can guarantee a win with any QB (except that Raider's QB).

Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,267,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
I can understand that if this was Pop Warner touch football. I know Brady tried to get the rule passed where a defender gets ejected for sneezing near the vicinity of a QB. I would also sympathize with the drilled QBs if the league wasn't already so generous to the QB and receivers (high scoring games generate excitement for the game = revenue).

However, Minnesota gambled by their soft protection of the QB, and Favre gambled many times by holding the ball for what seems like eternity. I'm a Favre fan, but come on, I don't expect defenders to stand idly by just so he can take 10 seconds to pick apart the secondary. On the flip side, Breez never held on to the ball for more than a few seconds, and his O-line did enough to at least slow down the Vikings vaunted pass rush. It's entirely inexcusable that Brett's line did not even challenge a few of those Saint's blitzing secondaries that resulted in big hits.

What I've learned from this football season is simple. You let the opposing good QBs sit in the pocket nice and comfy and you will give up lots of points. You get great pass protection, and you can guarantee a win with any QB (except that Raider's QB).
These were not sacks, in fact NO recorded none that I remember in the Vikes game. Every O-line will eventually give. This was an all out contract on the QB after the pass. The same DL who injured Warner, injured Farvre. PM invites the Blitz and burns you. 2010 not going to be the year the NO Saints win finally win it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football