Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
No an accident is his brakes going out and he cant stop, or a bird hitting his window and he loses control....DUI MANSLAUGHTER is NOT AN ACCIDENT.
Actually, yes it is. From Law.com

Quote:
Manslaughter - The unlawful killing of another person without premeditation or so-called "malice aforethought" (an evil intent prior to the killing). It is distinguished from murder by lack of any prior intention to kill anyone or create a deadly situation. There are two levels of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. Voluntary manslaughter includes killing in heat of passion or while committing a felony. Involuntary manslaughter occurs when a death is caused by a violation of a non-felony, such as reckless driving (called "vehicular manslaughter").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
That is fine; but when you say things such as "there is plenty more talent out there," it exposes you as someone who does not know what they are talking about. Then, to counter with "they don't look hard enough." Yikes! If we are going to have a conversation on this, lets at least stick to legit info and not clueless generalizations, and I don't care whose side your on.

And seriously, ask the Detroit Lions about the fact that there is "plenty of talent out there." They have gone through 10, soon to be 11, starting quartbacks this decade. They have had more winless seasons than playoff appearences this decade!

Actually I am not a huge NFL fan, I enjoy college football much more same thing with basketball, I enjoy college more then the NBA, that said the teams I do like I'd be hard pressed to be able to name their roster except for the most famous ones on the team.

I would think when they scout out the colleges there would be talent out there?? Guess not...I thought at one time University of Miami was the big "quarterback" college?? Guess that was long ago...

Me...fan yes...fanatic ( like hubbie) nah!!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 PM

433 posts, read 875,637 times
Default Parents are role models not athletes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I think the main problem with his being able to play again is the message that they're sending to all the children that look up to these players. "Go ahead and commit a crime and you don't have to pay the real price for your choices, as long as you have money and power backing you".
I'm truely ashamed of what or country has turned into, when it come to so called professional sports. They're nothing more that a bunch of over paid thugs and is sad, real sad.
First of all if your child looks up to an sports figure other than trying to play like them that is your fault as a parent. Parents should be role models not athletes. What do you mean by pay the real price? I never knew 18 months in a federal prison was a cake walk. "Certain" people love to blame other people when their kids do stupid *****. Heard about the retard who set his arm on fire because he saw it on the computer. Guess what, the parent blames youtube. Wow!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,679,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
First of all if your child looks up to an sports figure other than trying to play like them that is your fault as a parent. Parents should be role models not athletes. What do you mean by pay the real price? I never knew 18 months in a federal prison was a cake walk. "Certain" people love to blame other people when their kids do stupid *****. Heard about the retard who set his arm on fire because he saw it on the computer. Guess what, the parent blames youtube. Wow!

I agree with this.
However, like the evil villian in the movies, this guy is going to have a good, hearty percentage reacting -- no matter how much time he served. I know I, for one, am going to go "Ewwww" when he takes the field. Just a natural reflex for most folks. "Look, it's the gross, bad guy!"

Just like Philly fans have the "Rep" (Santa & snowballs, etc.) even though that happened in the 1960s. Same thing. Sports people can't mention Philly without bringing up the Santa abuse. I've seen/heard, read Phans being referred to as Neanderthals many a time.

What's the saying, "you can't put stripes on a leapord"?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Interesting...

NFL Crimes NewsBlog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football