Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Ravens 27, Minn 9
and-a-swing-and-a-miss... Ravens 31, Minn 33

Not even close! Back to the wishing well for you. Pray tell, what pipe-dream do you have for us this week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:10 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
and-a-swing-and-a-miss... Ravens 31, Minn 33

Not even close! Back to the wishing well for you. Pray tell, what pipe-dream do you have for us this week?
psssh, this team is the biggest lucksack I have ever seen. I urge you to be a realist and see that this team is actually very similar to your Twins. May make the playoffs, but wont be winning any games in the post season. It wasn't just the missed kick, it was the hilariously bad coverage on the play where Favre closed his eyes and heaved the ball to get them down field on their final drive.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
psssh, this team is the biggest lucksack I have ever seen. I urge you to be a realist and see that this team is actually very similar to your Twins. May make the playoffs, but wont be winning any games in the post season. It wasn't just the missed kick, it was the hilariously bad coverage on the play where Favre closed his eyes and heaved the ball to get them down field on their final drive.
Winners find a way to win the close ones, while losers like you whine about their bad luck.

As far as bad coverage, you analyze football about as bad as you predict it. The DB was tugging, holding and scratching Rice all the way down the field and Favre still threw a 60 yard bullet right on the numbers. With the Packs easy schedule and your loss to the Falcons, your Bears will not be playing after week 17. We will.

All out of predictions apparently?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 AM

761 posts, read 3,415,907 times
Quote:
Also on that play, it was a free play due to the off sides penalty up at the line. Why not throw it up and see if we can make it down the field? That's what any team would do, but our receiver still made the reception and we declined the penalty.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,625 times
Quote:
You are so bitter!!! Favre has a good eye and knew it was a free play to he hurled it... And you are such a buzz kill.. " I urge you to be a realist...." c'mon..we are just having fun and we are excited. Whether or not we get ot the playoffs or whatever, this has been one heck of a fun season to watch.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,625 times
By the way. The last time Vikes went 6-0 was 2003, when was the last time they were 7-0..was it still 2003? Just curious!!! GOOOO Vikings!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
At least I had that part right. I never dreamed that both teams would put up that many points against the others defense.

Childress has got some work to do to tighten up our defense.
No doubt for them to come back like that.

We got lucky but I'll take the win however it comes

Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Amazing that every one of FOX football analysists picked---Green Bay--to win their division ( not the Vikings)

I agree with what Terry Bradshaw said about teans proclaiming they are only " one piece" away from winning a Superbowl and go out and get that " piece"

It doesn't accomplish their goal.

Terry Bradshaw was correct when he compared the Vikings getting Hershel Walker as their " missing piece" years back to getting Bret Favre now.

They didn't win a Superbowl with Hershel Walker either.

The Vikings were missing a whole lot more then a running back. Wade Wilson was an awful QB, and started every year Walker was there, and their defense had become completely average.

Additionally, Walker was completely misused. He ran in a committee his complete time in Minnesota, never getting over 200 carries, dispite the largely ineffective running of Alfred Anderson and Rick Fenney.

However, the first season Walker was out of Minnesota, Terry Allen got 266 carries.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
We'll the other wart on the Vikings was exposed (Chilldress being the first) and its the secondary. Hopefully they learned you have to play 4 quarters as a playoff team can light you up if you dont.

Realistically Rice and Berrian are getting single coverage when PJ is in the game (8 in the box), if they stay healthy this could be a track meet with Harvin and Shiancoe mixed in...

Old 10-20-2009, 02:23 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,199,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
At least I had that part right. I never dreamed that both teams would put up that many points against the others defense.

Childress has got some work to do to tighten up our defense.

Minnesota is 26th in the league in completion percentage against, 26th in yards against, and 26th in yards per pass. They are tied for 30th in completions allowed over 20 yards, and 24th in percent of passes for first downs. Keep in mind that 4 of the six QBs that accounted for this were Brady Quinn, Matthew Stafford, Shaun Hill and Kyle Boller.

The pass defense is just completely awful, maybe worst in the league. If we dont sack them (tied for first in the league), they pretty much can pass where they want, and thats on our starters. Our back ups shouldnt even be in the league. Karl Paymah? His terrible defense on mediocre Ravens receivers was directly responsible for two touchdowns. I would have cut him Monday following the game.

If Minnesota cant do better then this (and I dont think the personel are good enough in the secondary to do any better, with only Winfield, who isnt that great in coverage, being the only quality DB on the roster), a team like the Saints is going to mow right through us.

We cannot continue to depend on winning shoot outs. Thats a sure way to get to the playoffs and lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football