Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 09:09 AM

272 posts, read 184,230 times

Advertisements

The secondary has no identity without Berry. Acker and Gaines need out, now. They need a solid #2 alongside and I'm leaning to a solid FA singing, if one exists this year. This game showed me that Sutton needs to be canned and while Andy may be a good coach(regular season) he can't do it in the playoffs, they should move on. Alex, you've given alot and have been professional about everything I hope you net us a good return and are successful wherever else you may end up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 04:34 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muevelos View Post
The secondary has no identity without Berry. Acker and Gaines need out, now. They need a solid #2 alongside and I'm leaning to a solid FA singing, if one exists this year. This game showed me that Sutton needs to be canned and while Andy may be a good coach(regular season) he can't do it in the playoffs, they should move on. Alex, you've given alot and have been professional about everything I hope you net us a good return and are successful wherever else you may end up.
The Chiefs are stuck with Andy sorry to say. No way Clark hunt fires him after winning back to back AFC west titles. What I would hope, but will never happen, is for Clark to tell Andy, "The next time I see you go all turtle with a two score lead your fired before the post game presser."
If the Chiefs can somehow manage to make their defense just middle of the pack next year coupled with replacing Alex for Pat Mahomes as the QB I see a very bright future. Playing the what if game I say that if Mahomes had replaced Alex to start the second half of the Titans game the Chiefs would have won. At the least they wouldn't have been shut out that half. I know, small sample size and all, but Mahomes has the ability to make the players around him look better. The kid has the "it factor". Something Alex never has had.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:38 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
I had to suffer through Reid during his Eagles tenure. Yes he did get to a Super Bowl, but other than that he didn't win a lot of big games they should have. It was also partially on the QB McNabb, but Reid's game day management was always suspect, including his time management. I was glad to see him go.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:14 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
I am still amazed that KC blew this one. It looked like a nice recipe to break the playoff home game losing streak with a weak Titans team coming to town.

The Titans are going to get destroyed, annihilated, doors blown off, taken behind the shed and decapitated in NE next weekend.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I am still amazed that KC blew this one. It looked like a nice recipe to break the playoff home game losing streak with a weak Titans team coming to town.

The Titans are going to get destroyed, annihilated, doors blown off, taken behind the shed and decapitated in NE next weekend.
Nothing surprises me in the NFL. No outcome is surprising with athletes of this caliber. Now obviously there are outcomes that go counter to what I expected, but surprised? Not realy. I expect the Patriots to win but won't be surprised if the Titans pull that upset either. And that upset would be even more epic than the upset they just pulled on the Chiefs!

Old 01-08-2018, 07:02 AM

5,825 posts, read 5,630,594 times
Quote:

They should get destroyed, I agree, but I hope they come out and play with pride. The Patriots are susceptible against the run, and if Murray can play, even if he's limited, I'd find ways to punish New England with Mariota/Henry/Murray all game. New England is going to scheme for that, but that doesn't mean the Titans should abandon that plan. In the end what it really means is Tennessee is going to have to make some timely plays with their Achilles heel--Mariota throwing the ball. The Titans can't be afraid to challenge that secondary and they have to be able to pass at times the Patriots think they will run. Mariota has to be accurate, and he has to be consistent, and they can't abandon the run, but they can't be vanilla with the run, either...

If it gets into a high scoring game, Tennessee will get blown out. But if they can stay within a touchdown going into the fourth, they'll give themselves a chance to pull the upset. I don't expect an upset, but I'll hope for one. I'll take the Patriots by 10...

Old 01-08-2018, 12:25 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:

I agree the Titans have a challenge in front of them with the Patriots. Patriots almost always find a way. However, Tennessee has a very talented team and a strong defense.

New England can't come into this thinking it's an easy win--that's the perfect way they could lose.

I think the game will be a close one, if the Titans are firing on all cylinders. Patriots are very good, but beatable...

Old 01-08-2018, 12:45 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

I’m not that surprised. KC was 28th in total defense and 29th against the pass. Once Eric Berry went down their defense became vulnerable throughout the year.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:33 PM

272 posts, read 184,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
The Chiefs are stuck with Andy sorry to say. No way Clark hunt fires him after winning back to back AFC west titles. What I would hope, but will never happen, is for Clark to tell Andy, "The next time I see you go all turtle with a two score lead your fired before the post game presser."
If the Chiefs can somehow manage to make their defense just middle of the pack next year coupled with replacing Alex for Pat Mahomes as the QB I see a very bright future. Playing the what if game I say that if Mahomes had replaced Alex to start the second half of the Titans game the Chiefs would have won. At the least they wouldn't have been shut out that half. I know, small sample size and all, but Mahomes has the ability to make the players around him look better. The kid has the "it factor". Something Alex never has had.
Yeah I feel your right, The Chiefs should be better next year IMO. They need to have someone reliable in Hali's spot. Houston can't be the only capable LB. I know they were missing Ford so that hurt as well. Gaines has no business in the NFL. Berry gives that secondary an indentity, hopefully next year that'll be fixed as well.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times
The Chiefs named Eric Bieniemy their new OC to replace Mat Nagy. Bieniemy was the running backs coach. This was the expected in-house name for the position.
There is a rumor that DC Bob Sutton will announce his retirement very soon. If this happens you will know by the loud cheering noise coming from the direction of the middle of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football