Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 08:15 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times

Advertisements

My perception of Peters is that he is a big play CB. Both good and bad. He makes a lot of big plays for the Chiefs, leads the NFL in INTs the last three seasons. But he also gambles a lot and is prone to giving up big plays. When Peters won DROY I thought Darby had a better rookie season. Darby was more consistent but didn't have as many takeaways. I think this is a case of the Chiefs looking a year or two ahead and wanting to get something now before they have to use the franchise tag or let Peters walk for nothing. His value diminishes the closer he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 08:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
I’m sure the Chiefs wouldn’t have made the trade if they weren’t getting adequate value for Peters. He’s a borderline cancer in the locker room despite being easily their best defensive player of 2017. It’ll be interesting to see what they get.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:20 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,026,292 times
I just read that KC will be getting the Rams' 2nd Round pick this year and their 4th Round pick next year. Also, the Rams will get back KC's 6th Round pick (in this year's draft I believe).

Old 02-26-2018, 03:18 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I just read that KC will be getting the Rams' 2nd Round pick this year and their 4th Round pick next year. Also, the Rams will get back KC's 6th Round pick (in this year's draft I believe).
The Rams don't have a 2nd round pick this year. It is a 4th this year and next year's 2nd and the Chiefs will give a 6th this year to the Rams.
To my mind there has to be something far deeper, that I'm sure will never come to light officially, involved in this deal because on the surface this is a horrible deal for the Chiefs. They have made what was shaping up to being a strength of the defense into a huge need at the time they don't have the resources to come anywhere near filling that need while addressing their already existing big needs on their defense. They have just narrowed their opening championship window. Even if there was no possible way for them to resign Peters they still had, at worst case, 1 year of his rookie deal's cheaper price. Even if it is true that Peters asked to be traded after the loss to the Titans in the playoffs the Chiefs still held and hold all the cards. I see this as a failure of the owner and front office and coaching staff. They should have fired Bob Sutton right after the Titan loss. He has been the defensive coordinator of a defense that has been progressively worse for his whole tenure. Two record setting losses in the playoffs that can be laid at his feet yet the Chiefs chose to keep him for yet another season. As a Chiefs fan I haven't felt this bad since Joe Montana's concussion in the AFC championship game against Buffalo.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:13 PM

Finally, training camp. What fun. The Chiefs should have an offence for the ages this season. Pat Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, and Kareem Hunt. Is there a team in the NFL with as dynamic a set of skill players? If the defense can manage to be just middle of the pack it could be a magical season. From all reports Mahomes is digesting the playbook at a remarkable pace and filling the leadership role like a veteran. He is making Andy Reid giddy as a school girl. Eric Berry is back and recovered from his Achilles injury. He is the heart and soul of this team and his presence on the field will be huge for the defense. Nearly all the questions reside with the defense and specifically the defensive backs. The absence of Marcus Peters could prove quite telling especially if they can't generate a consistent pass rush.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:20 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Finally, training camp. What fun. The Chiefs should have an offence for the ages this season. Pat Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, and Kareem Hunt. Is there a team in the NFL with as dynamic a set of skill players? If the defense can manage to be just middle of the pack it could be a magical season. From all reports Mahomes is digesting the playbook at a remarkable pace and filling the leadership role like a veteran. He is making Andy Reid giddy as a school girl. Eric Berry is back and recovered from his Achilles injury. He is the heart and soul of this team and his presence on the field will be huge for the defense. Nearly all the questions reside with the defense and specifically the defensive backs. The absence of Marcus Peters could prove quite telling especially if they can't generate a consistent pass rush.
I think the Chiefs offense can be the best or worst in the AFC West any given week. Won't surprise me if 2018 is a roller coaster that sees the Chiefs score 42 one week and 10 the next. Sort of a high ceiling low floor spectrum. Combine this with a defense that looks to be heading to the bottom third of the league and it sets this year up to be a bit transitional. That offense certainly has a lot to be excited about, but it won't be without its struggles as a new QB proves he can play at an NFL level for a complete season.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:45 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Quote:
That will be one of the biggest challenges, and how consistent Mahomes can produce as a QB.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 AM

I know, pre-season,meaningless, Hill beat 3 guys that won't make the Falcon's roster, but holy arm strength batman, 68.6 yards in the air and Mahomes threw Hill open for the easy last 5 yards walk in TD. That really was an amazing play. Pat Mahomes makes any defense have to worry about defending the whole field even if they have the Chiefs backed up deep in their end of the field. A QB with that arm coupled with the fastest receiver who also has an outstanding ability to track the ball while running full speed, fun times ahead for all Chiefs fans. I know he threw a pick and almost had another pick when Watkins didn't try to come back to get the ball, There will be growing pains as with all young quarterbacks. but with Mahomes' talent and the weapons he has to throw to I will be so bold as to predict there will be a lot more positive plays than negative ones and there will be several wow plays tossed in.
Now if the Chiefs can only figure out how to maximize their less than stellar defense. Granted they were without their two starting inside linebackers and their two starting safeties but they played poorly against the Falcon's starting offense. I just don't want a repeat of the Vermeil years where a horrid defense kept one of the best offenses from doing anything in the post season.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:46 PM

Alright Chief fans, how excited are you about this offense? I think a lot of the pundits forgot how much the Chiefs have owned the Chargers of late. I think its 9 in a row now. I also think they forgot how good Andy is on opening day, must have blacked out last year's thumping of the Pats on opening day. Patrick Mahomes looked mature beyond his years and displayed his arm talent to great effect. Tyreek Hill looked like a man among boys and continues to blossom as a wide out. He is an elite talent and so much more than just a fast guy. Mahomes to Hill will be terrorizing defensive coordinators for years to come. 38 points hung on the Bolts and Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins were hardly utilized. Its going to be a fun season when it comes to offensive football this year.
I just hope Bob Sutton and his bend, bend, break defense doesn't ruin it. The secondary misses Peters and I have a bad feeling about Eric Berry and his ailing heel. I thought Bob should have been let go after last year. They used to have a saving grace in they didn't give up many points and managed to usually come out on the plus side of the turnover battle. Its starting to look like the points against is catching up to the yardage given up. Bob doesn't seem to be able to creatively generate a pass rush and continues to drop Justin Houston into pass coverage way too often.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:40 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Quote:
Alright Chief fans, how excited are you about this offense? I think a lot of the pundits forgot how much the Chiefs have owned the Chargers of late. I think its 9 in a row now.I also think they forgot how good Andy is on opening day, must have blacked out last year's thumping of the Pats on opening day. Patrick Mahomes looked mature beyond his years and displayed his arm talent to great effect. Tyreek Hill looked like a man among boys and continues to blossom as a wide out. He is an elite talent and so much more than just a fast guy. Mahomes to Hill will be terrorizing defensive coordinators for years to come. 38 points hung on the Bolts and Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins were hardly utilized. Its going to be a fun season when it comes to offensive football this year.
I just hope Bob Sutton and his bend, bend, break defense doesn't ruin it. The secondary misses Peters and I have a bad feeling about Eric Berry and his ailing heel. I thought Bob should have been let go after last year. They used to have a saving grace in they didn't give up many points and managed to usually come out on the plus side of the turnover battle. Its starting to look like the points against is catching up to the yardage given up. Bob doesn't seem to be able to creatively generate a pass rush and continues to drop Justin Houston into pass coverage way too often.
Chiefs also have a 17-2 record against the rest of the AFC West teams combined in the past 19 meetings, an even more amazing statistic. Definitely looks like another powerhouse offense again. I Won’t be the least bit surprised if Mahomes has 4,000+yds, and 30+ touchdowns this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football