Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So because he wasn't blubbering he wasn't sorry. Newsflash some people aren't overly emotional. I know a guy who didn't cry in front of anyone when his father died, so does that mean he didn't love his dad? Hell no. The whole he didn't cry statement is moronic.

Exactly.... this chic is over the top.

PS - No phillie fans arent the same as others, hell the old VET had a damn jail INSIDE the stadium because of all the problems. Who are you kidding. Again I dont hold that against them, I have been to the Linc twice.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
This is mindless drivel by fools who agitate for abused and neglected dogs from the same ghettoes that Vick and his co-defendants came from, rather than abused and neglected children from those same ghettoes.

That's why no one takes these idiots seriously.
You do know that its possible to be outraged at both, right? If someone was a child abuser, I wouldn't want them in the NFL either. Just because someone is disgusted and outraged at what Vick did to dogs, doesn't mean that they aren't sickened by child abuse.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
He was pretty emotional when he flipped off his fans in Atlanta walking off the field. He was pretty emotional when he was lying up until he could lie no more regarding this case.

Comparing very different things, also don't remember him crying when he was arrested or going to court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
You do know that its possible to be outraged at both, right? If someone was a child abuser, I wouldn't want them in the NFL either. Just because someone is disgusted and outraged at what Vick did to dogs, doesn't mean that they aren't sickened by child abuse.
Once again it's hypocritical to attack Vick for playing in the NFL when there are guys who beat the hell out of their girlfriends, smuggle cocaine, drive drunk and kill people. Where is the outrage over that? Where are the threads attacking them, saying they shouldn't be allowed to play? All these people had plenty of chances to start threads like this with other NFL players but did not. Nope, it wasn't until dogs were involved that all this "outrage" happened. To some a dog's life is just as valuable as a humans, and to me that is moronic.

Whats funny is I HATED Vick when he was first arrested, he beat my Packers in the playoffs in Lambeau. Now I'm rooting for the guy and hope he not only does well but thrives.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:01 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
It's certainly possible to be outraged. I'm saying that these types of people:
http://poplicks.com/images/vick-protest.jpg
have (and will) never show up and protest their "outrage" about abused and neglected children in neighborhoods where it happens most.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Vic could of urinated in public and got the same same public out cry, BTW the humane society has to kill 4,000,000 pets a year I think they would have bigger fish to fry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football