Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:54 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He has enough time to read War and Peace back there.

P.S. Minnesota is 6-0 against teams with a combined record of 11-23

So, put down the Brett Favre cool-aid...I heard it all last year when he started out hot against an array of bad to mediocre teams.
No cool aid , thank you.
I merely said he reads D's better than Cutler.
Only reason he's had time so far is only SF had a decent pass rush and that winning pitch & catch was one for the ages by any standard.

O-line is so-so and Jared can't carry D forever.
Vikes will make playoffs, wonder Pack QB is still standing now, but a 1 and out team.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
No cool aid , thank you.
I merely said he reads D's better than Cutler.
Only reason he's had time so far is only SF had a decent pass rush and that winning pitch & catch was one for the ages by any standard.

O-line is so-so and Jared can't carry D forever.
Vikes will make playoffs, wonder Pack QB is still standing now, but a 1 and out team.
I was merely objecting to the fact that you said the Vikings would have started 4-2 with Cutler instead of Favre. Those first 6 teams are something like 12-27 now so I feel any decent QB would have started 6-0.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
I was merely objecting to the fact that you said the Vikings would have started 4-2 with Cutler instead of Favre. Those first 6 teams are something like 12-27 now so I feel any decent QB would have started 6-0.
Did you watch Cutler yesterday?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Did they recognize the fact that he basically held that team hostage the last few years he was there, caused internal turmoil (Javon Walker situation) and cost the Packers almost as many games as he won for them because of the way he would recklessly throw the ball around?

First, how did he hold the team hostage? Second, you say he caused internal tumoil because of the Javon Walker situation? Javon Walker was a little ***** and needed to be called out by someone. Any player that holds out should be called out by their teammates.

He didnt lose as many games as he won by the way he threw the ball. Most interceptions Brett threw in his career was late in the game when his team was down and he was trying to force the win.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
I disagree that Brett should be honored Sunday. He is on the opposing team. You dont honor an opposing team's player no matter who they are. Brett signed with the Packers top rival over the course of his career. You dont do that and definitely do not deserve to be honored.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I disagree that Brett should be honored Sunday. He is on the opposing team. You dont honor an opposing team's player no matter who they are. Brett signed with the Packers top rival over the course of his career. You dont do that and definitely do not deserve to be honored.
Real warriors always honor a brave enemy, people who are using a game as a substitute for real life get carried away with this kind of nonsense.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
First, how did he hold the team hostage.
By waffling on whether or not he planned to retire, which lead to the Packers investing multiple picks (1st, 3rd and 7th rounders) into replacing him and then bitched because enough resources weren't being used to get him help. When they finally had enough and didn't welcome him back, he tried to make the Packers Front Office look like the bad guys when he brought it on himself.

Quote:
Second, you say he caused internal tumoil because of the Javon Walker situation?
He absolutely did. He publicly stuck his nose into another player's contract issue and turned the entire fanbase against that player even after the issue had been resolved. In Green Bay, having Brett Favre call you out is the equivalent of having Jesus descend before you in church, point directly at you, and yell "JUDAS"! Favre knew that and whether intentionally or not, he was the main reason a young rising star was run out of town.

Quote:
Javon Walker was a little ***** and needed to be called out by someone. Any player that holds out should be called out by their teammates.
Really? How well did that work out for Walker? He returned to the Packers with a contract well under his market value and proceeded to get his knee shredded in the season opener. That injury basically had his career come screeching to a halt. I'm sure he's glad he didn't keep pushing for that raise now!

And do you honestly not believe that if he had chosen to stay in Green Bay that the Packers wouldn't have used that injury to give him a low ball offer?

This is a very violent sport these man play. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them holding out to get a new contract when they outperform the one they have, ESPECIALLY when the teams will try to do the same thing when a player under performs his contract.

Quote:
He didnt lose as many games as he won by the way he threw the ball. Most interceptions Brett threw in his career was late in the game when his team was down and he was trying to force the win.
Then you must not have watched much Brett Favre football.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Did you watch Cutler yesterday?
The point you are trying to make would be insightful if the Bears had a back like AP, a good O-line and several good receivers.

So, you are saying the Bears offensive squad is as good as the Vikings....or....you are just trying to blow smoke.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
The point you are trying to make would be insightful if the Bears had a back like AP, a good O-line and several good receivers.

So, you are saying the Bears offensive squad is as good as the Vikings....or....you are just trying to blow smoke.
Actually that was a typical Cutler performance. Believe me, I watched him do the same thing for 3 years in Denver.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Sorry for the trouble. I was just curious if there would be a little announcement, maybe release some doves or some type of marching band formation at half-time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football